“Wonderful staff”
Review of Ambiance Rivoli

Ambiance Rivoli
Ranked #148 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The staff at this hotel are amazing. I left my valuable watch by accident in my hotel room and it was found by the hotel staff and posted to me in the UK. They would not accept money for this. It makes you realise there are genuinely lovely people out there, and in particular at this hotel.
The room was great, the hotel was handy for transport links and I cannot believe it was not more expensive. It was fine to be able to check in early and check out late, and all my questions about wifi and directions were answered quickly.
Great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SeedsOfAmpthill

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise on a business trip: a nice, clean Hotel room, decent size, that didn't cost the earth during Oktoberfest season. Next subway stop within spitting distance. Great, quiet night of sleep. Nice Thai Restaurant on premise. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to try the Hamam. Staff was 'Bavarian-polite', which is perfect when you are Bavarian (I am) but can come across as a little court for everyone else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here 7/08/13 for 3 nights. Room was a small attic room but very clean and and the breakfast was good and catered for different tastes. It is located right beside the underground. As we discovered, this was ideal as the underground network of trains in Munich is exceptional! You can buy a pass for 25 euros that will do you and up to 4 other people for unlimited travel around the network for 3 days. We used this ticket to visit, Allianz arena, Olympic park, BMW, english garden as well as numerous trips to Marienplatz ....and the airport on the way home! Very easy, safe and clean travel that runs pretty much all day and night. Don't be put off by location, the proximity to train station made this hotel almost more convenient than if it had been based at Marienplatz itself!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 16 July 2013

As it's very close to the U- and S-Bahn one can get to Marienplatz in ten minutes. Rooms are great but make sure to get one at the back as there is major - and noisy - work going on in the road. Breakfast was great. Receptionists were rather rude at first but turn edge out to be nice actually.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vintherbottom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I highly discourage anyone who is considering their stay here. From the time of check in my stay was not pleasant and it ended with a grand finale of horrible service. If you read any of this review skip to my second to last paragraph and come back to this point for all the small things.

At first I tried to give the benefit of the doubt but it was impossible over my one single night here. To begin with when I first came in the older lady at the desk completely ignored me and my wife as she took a phone call, no big deal but she came off inconvenienced when she did acknowledge us. I asked about parking and was told there are no spots available in the garage. She had a good explanation for why so I didn't think much of it until we came back in the hotel through the garage and counted several open spots. Maybe the occupiers were away at the time but I have a sharp feeling I was being lied to. Again though all of this could be discounted if it hadn't been for how they treated me over the wifi which didn't work in our room. This is where my main complaint lies.

When I inquired about the wifi I was nonchalantly told there could be nothing done, as if my complaint would end there. I was told the hotel was fully booked and moving was not an option.I did my best to ignore the rudeness and managed to become more friendly with the lady at the desk, she allowed me to troubleshoot the router and attempt to reset it with no luck. She brought a LAN cord to the room which was useless too. After a frustrating waste of time my wife and I elected to sit in the lobby to use wifi there to find dinner and, later that evening, plan out our next day of travel.

In the morning breakfast was very good but I was not pleased with a list of every hotel resident sitting out for the world to see, not exactly a great way to handle a customer's personal information.

At checkout I requested a partial refund due to the internet issue. The girl up there was extremely helpful in this situation and I was pleased with her professionalism but my issue went virtually unresolved. At this point I was treated as a liar by the "house master" as he took me to my room to "make sure" the Internet was not working. This is by far the most unprofessional way I have ever been treated at a hotel. This wasted nearly 30 minutes of my time before he allowed the front desk girl to call the manager whom I previously requested to speak with. He "authorized" a 5 Euro refund for the trouble and had the girl explain to me that because I went through booking.com I already received a great discount on my room. I explained to her I never would have stayed if the hotel didn't have Internet and when I select a hotel I pay what I think it's worth, if it isn't worth that such as this case it didn't matter where I was or what discount I got. I told her to call her manager again and tell them this was unacceptable. I feel bad for this girl having to deal with such poor management! The manager raised the "offer" to a whopping 10 euros and told the girl that they could not come talk with me because the manager was busy. As disgusted as I was I had no more time to wait I took the 10 euros and left.

I will be doing my best to seek a full refund of my stay at this place and I will do my best to let as many people know how this hotel treats their customers. I will remove and edit my review if they make an attempt to make things better.

One final tip for any management or staff that may read this; perception is reality, what your customer experiences is their reality and regardless of what you think, you cater to them, you don't treat them as a liar. I personally have had a large amount of customer service training and believe this hotel could do much better if they sought out similar training for their employees.

• Stayed: July 2013
15  Thank knexster
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in June. We were on the top floor and had a lovely room facing the inner courtyard of the block of properties. The room was clean, airy and spacious and the bathroom was excellent. The hotel is very close to the U-Bahn station at Harras so it was easy to get there from the airport (swap trains at Marienplatz). We had a meal at the Thai restaurant in the hotel which was nice, and we loved the Italian restaurant on the other side of the road a few mins walk away on the other side of the station entry. The included breakfast was good and we would happily stay there again. Our main complaint was that the aircon did not seem to work properly and we could not cool the room very effectively. As Germany was in the grip of a cold spell this was not too important but could be an issue in summer. We also found the bed quite hard but maybe that is a German thing??!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nelle06
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Chosen due to proximity of our Munich office but each time provides a quality room, good prices and a great restaurant if you don't want to travel. Only 2 minutes from a overground train means its easy to go places even at early hours. Great business hotel for Munich.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business