Ambiance Rivoli
  • Pool
US$249
US$241
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
US$288
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$214
US$207
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsharras stationnice hotelliterally a minute walks bahnroom was spaciouspublic transportationmunich city centregreat roomconvenient locationstopsbidettraingermanychristmasfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had booked Ambiance Rivoli online two weeks before arriving in Munich at the end of a long day of driving and touring. The reception staff told us they had no reservation on file and were completely booked, but not to worry they would come up with a solution in a few minutes. And they did. They located two rooms at a hotel a few blocks away and quickly sent us there. The mistake was not theirs but they never said so. They completely took responsibility, apologized for the inconvenience and quickly solved the problem. While we never stayed or ate at this hotel, if our experience at reception is an indication for their customer service, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DAD11
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First, the positives:
Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was plentiful and offered variety.
While the location wasnt central, the U and S bahn were right around the corner, making it super easy to get around.

The negatives, or why the four star rating is questionable:

1) Reception was horrendous and far from hospitable. Granted, there were about 10 of us waiting to get checked in and she was the only person working the front desk, but a friendly smile or a simple acknowledgement would be appreciated, not to mention expected as she is essentially the "face" of the hotel. Note to said receptionist: Nobody wants a surly attitude. If you dont like your job (which was the impression you gave due to your unfriendliness and unwillingness to help the guests)- then quit. Give your job to someone else who is worthy of it.

2) Linens were rough and scratchy. Towels were worn out and so rough, they reminded me of loofah sponges.
3) Cheap amenities are offered. I suggest you bring your own soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. The stuff they give you will dry out your skin and make your hair brittle.
4) Poor signage and communications materials. No information offered on breakfast, local sights, travel options, etc.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank itspepe
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my first trip to munich for many years, the Ambiance Rivoli was a perfect choice, small, intimate and very well managed, The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was wonderful, with a lot of choice of very fresh and beautifully prepared food. The room was very attractive and very clean. The hotel was located very close to the underground, and munich transport system is very cheap and very efficent. A wonderful 5 days indeed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen Geraldine P
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was travelling with a tour group and as a solo person, you typically get the smallest, least desireable located room - but not at the Rivoli! I walked in the door and was FLOORED with a king sized bed all to myself (the only one on my entire trip), a spa tub (later about that) and really cool edgy decor. Loved, loved, loved the room.

Now a caution about the spa tub - I was so excited, I filled it up, hopped in and started pressing buttons without first reading the directions- and WHOAH NELLIE, I must have hit the turbo speed button for the jets because it was like I was suddenly in a blender (yeah, you don't want to picture that) lol.

Then there was the bidet....um what can I say - at least no settings to worry about.

Nice restaurant, lounge. Found my room to be quiet, a/c worked. Close to transit which is the smart way to go. Hotels that aren't right in the middle of the action have much better rates so as long as they are a couple of minutes to a train or tram station - it's a no brainer.

This was my favourite room on my entire 2 week trip of Germany!

Room Tip: Mine was right across from the elevator - yet I didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vansportsfan
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this property for one night in April 2014. The hotel is not centrally located to all the tourist attractions in Munich, but that is OK because the metro station (Harras) is about a two minute walk down the street. There are two lines that will take you to the Marienplatz (five stops and you do not have to change trains). I felt safe walking to/from the metro station alone.

The hotel seems new or newly renovated. The bedroom and bathroom are modern, very clean, and the bed is comfortable. Bring your own hair conditioner and lotion. I didn't have dinner at the hotel, but breakfast was fantastic with a huge variety of choices.

Request a room that does not face the street. The traffic is loud and the road was under repair during my stay.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo