“Value for the price but the WiFi options are a joke” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pullman Hotel Munich

Pullman Hotel Munich
Ranked #52 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Luxembourg
“Value for the price but the WiFi options are a joke”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The rooms of this hotel are very comfortable, especially given the relatively low price. No particular problems in our case with members of the reception, though they can be on the cooler side sometimes. Location a bit remote but good connection to the city centre with the metro which has a station right next to the hotel (Nordfriedhof). However, what did spoil our trip a bit are the outrageously overpriced WiFi options. Come on, 30 euros for WiFi for a day? Where I live, this buys you broadband Internet for a month! On top of that, the reception area computer for browsing the web was out of order due to technical issues when we were there.

The breakfast was good and had lots of selection, but certainly not worth the 24 Euros they charge either. As their parking lots are very expensive as well, one might conclude that the very competitive room rates are cross financed by overpriced extras. That's their right, but so is ours to consider this in advance when comparing prices...

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jörg S, Verkaufsleiter at Pullman Hotel Munich, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions and experiences regarding your recent stay with us. We are certainly pleased to read that you were satisfied with our services and that you had an enjoyable stay.
Regarding the internet we are delighted to inform you that we are currently working on a solution for free internet. We are very much looking forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back again to the Pullman Munich on your future travels to Munich! Best regards, your Pullman Munich Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend was a great hotel very good all round rooms were brilliant cable tv clean towels and room cleaned every day shower was lovely breakfast every day had brilliant selection all staff were very helpful and friendly also only 5 minute walk away from trains once on train only 10 minutes to main square with lots to do

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bradley T
Dear Guest, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We were pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels to Munich! Kind regards, Your Pullman Munich Team
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Pullman. The service was good, the amenities were great, the restaurant was good, the room was very nice. The location is okay. I say okay because there is really not much around the hotel to do, but it sits right on the U-Bahn and it is 5-8 minutes rise to the Marienplatz and central Munich. The hotel has a nice courtyard with seating and a bar.

The reason I will not give this a 5 is because of wifi situation. This hotel sits near offices and looks to be a hotel that attracts the business traveler. In this day and age, wifi should be included with the room, and if not included, a minimal charge. The wifi here is outrageous. Not only do you have to pay per day, you have to pay for additional devices to be added on. There is also a 2 day limit. If you are here for 6 days as we were with 2 people in the room - it added up very quickly. I have to say, I really liked this hotel, but I will probably not return because of this.

Room Tip: ask for a courtyard facing room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank wickerlamp
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Ms [--] (short girl with brown hair) was an awful woman who checked us in, I went down later to ask her for something and she made me repeat my request even though she understood what I was saying all the time, she said "what" instead of pardon? I repeated myself very slowly and she stood there smiling in a mocking manner..... very unprofessional and uncalled for behaviour from this woman. She is a real dragon.

The a/c in my room did not work the first night and she said they could not do anything when I mentioned this, the next day another member of staff sent a maintenance guy and it was fixed!

There were a lot more mishaps at this establishment which were not dealt with professionally, some very rude members of staff....I will be loathed to even recommend this to friends and family.

Stay away!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nita P
Jörg S, Verkaufsleiter at Pullman Hotel Munich, responded to this review, 28 November 2014
Dear Guest,

we truly regret that you have encountered some situations like you have written about in your review. You can be sure that this is not the way we normally treat our guest. Our staff is trained on a regular base to offer the service you can expect from a 4 Star Superior Hotel. With this review we have taken the opportunity to talk about this case with the Front Office staff to learn from it for the future. Regarding the sentence "...some more rude staff " Is it possible for you to send us an email to tell what happend their exactly? sales@pullman-munich.com
Thanks in advance for your support!
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and comfortable, and the rooms also. Everything looks brand new and there is a very good fitness and wellness/spa/sauna area fitted with modern cardio and weights equipment - very good.
What spoilt my stay at this hotel was my first impression upon entering. It was around 13:00, so I was very early to be checking in. What I didn't expect was the terribly cold, disinterested and unhelpful attitude of Frau [--] on reception. I would not expect this kind of discourteous behaviour in a motel or hostel, never mind in a 4-star hotel. Everything was done without a smile, my questions were met by an irritated attitude and I was within an inch of telling her to forget the reservation and that I would find somewhere else. I then eventually checked in a couple of hours later with a different, more polite, member of staff and, during my stay, found that the other staff members were actually all very helpful and friendly.
The hotel is located right next to the Nordfriedhof U-Bahn and the LH Airport Bus-stop so for travelling anywhere it is pretty handy.
The wifi in the hotel worked well, but was very expensive - something like €17,50 per day! Upon checkout, this charge was refunded because of my accor club membership.
I probably would recommend this hotel but would just like to advise any long distance travellers hoping for a warm welcome to avoid that horrible woman!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
3 Thank pkbpkb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a Marriott before, thus the big rooms a previous reviewer mentioned. The service was great! We stayed with a small baby and my request for extra gast towels, an extra sheet and an extra bath towel was fulfilled fast and with a smile. The location is really great, not only it is very close by a underground station, but also almost next to a public pool. During the summer you can go there swimm and during the winter you get parking tree for free!

• Stayed February 2014