Overall, this was a fine, well-maintained property. Our room was clean, comfortable and spacious, and nicely furnished in a more modern design than we were expecting. In addition, both the desk and the bathroom included both standard 220 volt outlets, as well as adapted 110 volt outlets that would accept North American plugs. While power adapters are the first thing to go in my bag for any trip overseas, this was a nice touch. As we had not rented a car, the bus stop just outside the side door of the property allowed for a quick (5-stop) trip to a nearby U-Bahn station, which made it quite easy to get to and from the hotel on our daily excursions around town without the need for taking taxis everywhere. In addition, the location of the property a bit outside of the city center made for a quieter environment than we likely would have had at the Hilton closer to the city center, especially with Oktoberfest activities in full swing. Also, the daily breakfast offered in their restaurant was excellent, both in terms of variety and quality of food. All in all, no complaints about the property or the amenities, with the exception of room service; while it is offered 24 hours, their late-night menu (after 23:00) was extremely limited compared to other Hilton properties I have stayed at.
Our only issue with the hotel was that some of the staff members seemed a bit impersonal and not as helpful as I would expect at a Hilton flagship property. A few examples: At check-in, the desk clerk seemed to be somewhat annoyed by a few questions that we asked her, to the point where she flat out ignored one or two of them; she seemed like she just wanted to get us checked in and away from the front desk as fast as possible. On our first day, when we asked the concierge where the nearest bus stop was located, he simply said, “right outside,” without indicating which door or even asking where we were trying to go (we had to take a few moments to figure out for ourselves which side of the street we needed to catch the bus on). We stopped into their lobby gift shop on a few occasions to grab a few things during our stay (soda, pack of smokes, etc.). When we returned to the hotel one evening, the clerk (who had waited on us previously) refused to allow us to charge a few items to our room (as we had been doing for the past couple of days) and insisted, “cash only,” and was very indignant when I insisted on charging our purchases to our room (she ultimately refused to do so in the end) – this was just rather odd and never did understand why this was an issue on that one evening.
All in all, even with the few issues we had in our interactions with some of the staff (others were quite pleasant, by the way), this was a nice property in a great location. My actual rating here is 3.5 stars, which would be 4.5 for the hotel itself, minus 1 star for our less-than-positive staff interactions. We would likely stay here again on a future visit to Munich unless we had a need to be right downtown; we enjoyed the property itself to give the staff another chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only minutes from the Englischer Garten, the Hilton Munich Park hotel is a peaceful retreat in the city, located 15 minutes from the city center and 30 minutes from Munich airport. Many famous sights like the BMW museum, the Olympiapark and the Allianz Arena are just a short drive away. Unwind in this stylish Munich hotel and enjoy a new level of comfort and contemporary design. Every space has been designed to the highest standard, reflecting a fresh and modern, yet elegant look. Choose your own taste sensation in the Tivoli restaurant and take in the majestic views of the Eisbach River. Make use of the hotel's extensive leisure facilities to help you relax and rejuvenate. A fully equipped fitness center with a range of cardiovascular and resistance machines, an indoor pool (open to families with children daily until 7 pm) as well as a sauna and steam room give you the freedom to choose how you would like to unwind. The spa area offers a great variety of massage and beauty treatments as well as personal training and physiotherapy. Each guestroom is decorated in a modern style with sliding patio doors, opening on to a private balcony. For a touch of luxury, step up to an Executive Room or Suite, for exclusive access to the Executive Lounge offering complimentary breakfast and refreshments. Choose the Salon Marco Polo room on the 15th floor for stunning panoramic views of the city and the Alps. The charming roof terrace also sets a stunning backdrop for special occasions and evening events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Munich Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Park Munich Hotel Munich
- Hilton International Munich
- Hilton Munich
- Munich Hilton