“Nice hotel, poor service”
Review of Hilton Munich Park

Hilton Munich Park
Ranked #59 of 383 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boise, Idaho
“Nice hotel, poor service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Writing this review from the executive lounge waiting for my room to be cleaned, it is 3:00 pm. Check in was below par, as Hilton Diamond I should be guaranteed room type but when we finally got to our room it was a twin and no other type available, gee I only booked this 8 months ago. One morning there was no hot water to shower, apparently when the hotel is full this is problematic. No converter plugs available for loan, concierge not overly helpful. I just don't think this hotel is properly staffed. Now for the good, very convenient location, nice large rooms, very clean and nice selection at breakfast. By european Hilton standards service in this hotel is way below average.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jackid51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Munich Park for a long weekend get-away. This is an excellent Hilton, good location and staff are very helpful. Only issue is that Hilton's bed are not so comfortable, little too hard and the duvet is not quite big enough. Putting that a side, this is an excellent hotel when visiting Munich and we would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Visited pre octoberfest. Weather was really perfect. Great walking city, cobblestone. No heels. Cleanest city. International clientele. Truly European. Hope to revisit. Nice shopping. Spoke English, French. Comfortable a night in public areas. I felt very safe too.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank SharonE3
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

seems to be that the Hotel recently was refurbished. Rooms very comfortable and beds good!

The location is very close to English garden.

The only bad thing was the €25 for in-room wifi. I didn't realize this before - normally i don't book a hotel without free WiFi (on principle)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabriela S
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Situated by the English Garden (which is bigger than either Hyde Park or Central Park !) this hotel has much to offer. It is close enough to the city centre to be able to walk but in a quiet location away from busy streets and traffic noise. The reception area is light and spacious and the waiter service for the bar efficient! Breakfast overlooking the river was excellent. A huge choice of hot and cold buffet items and coffee and tea served at the table. Do try the pretzels they are good!

Room Tip: Go for a high floor and request a room overlooking the English garden and away from lifts!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank chideockgirl
Pavol U, Manager at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear guest,

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I have shared your positive feedback about our services and facilities with my team members. Your friendly remarks are a great motivation tool!

Dear Guest, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Munich Park on your future travels to Munich!

Henley-in-Arden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while attending a trade show. As others have pointed out, the location means that it is something of an expensive taxi ride to the airport or a palaver on the train, I suggest a blend of both, getting off at the Ostbahnhof and then taking a taxi will cost you half the price of a direct taxi and nearly be as quick. The hotel is in a calm and quite business park so not much to do in the way of shopping etc nearby but the English Garden is well worth a visit. Excellent staff at reception, room changed from a twin to a double immediately I realised and the room itself was super - large, modern and well appointed. I share the opinion of other commentators that WIFI should be free for all guests in their rooms in this day and age..only other negative was poor service from the maitre d in my first evening in the restaurant - having waited an age for my main course I was rather put out by his attitude, however the hotel's saving grace was the duty manager who apologised and comp'd my meal, which was very pleasant when it came. Special mention for the barman in the cocktail bar - excellent range of drinks and made a very good Sazerac.
I would stay again when in Munich for business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Pavol U, Manager at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay with us.

Your evaluation of our service facilities and our team members is a very valuable tool for us to continuously monitor our standards and to take action whenever required.

Regarding the internet I am delighted to inform you that we are currently working on a solution.

I have taken careful note of your constructive critique regarding certain shortcomings with our service. Please rest assured that I will discuss your point from the Tivoli team concerned in order to achieve the necessary improvements.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our bar team, I have shared it with my team members.

Dear guest, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Munich Park on your future travels to Munich!

Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

For 4.5 years I worked opposite of this hotel at the Unicredit bank. During this time I stayed in the Hilton which became basically my home. Since then I must have stayed in over a hundred different hotels for my job, but I still need to find a comparable experience. The rooms are very large and quiet and offer additional seating space (besides the desk and a solitary chair) which is rarely standard in a hotel. Especially the rooms towards the park are great and have a nice view if you are above the 8th floor.
The staff is expertly trained and top-notch. At the time I knew most of them very well, but I have seen new guests receive the same courtesy and professionalism as me. I measure each hotel that I now visit by the standard that the Hilton set. There is a reason why most hotel managers are German around the world, and this hotel is a prime example of why that is the case.
Food is great and the room service menu has the usual suspects, which are all of good quality. I recently enjoyed the Hilton club sandwich in Amsterdam and it was exactly as I remembered. The breakfast buffet is still the best I have seen in any large hotel. The bar is very atmospheric in the evenings and the club room that is accessible to regular Hilton guests is comfortable and relaxing.
The location is simply fantastic. It is next to the largest city park in Europe, with several beer gardens in summer and Christmas markets in December. Schwabing, which is one of Munich's coolest neighborhoods with lots of bars and restaurants is just a 5 minutes walk away. Sure there are many hotels closer to the city center, but the trade off will be that it will be less quiet, smaller rooms, and no breakfast in the very nice Hilton garden.
Concluding, staying in a hotel for 4.5 years is never fun when you would rather be at home in your own place. Nevertheless there isn't a hotel where I would rather have stayed than this Hilton. It has made me forever become a loyal Hilton guest in many places around the world.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Petethefreeze
Pavol U, Manager at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear guest,

I am certainly pleased to read that you were completely satisfied with our services and that you had an enjoyable stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Munich Park on your future travels to Munich.

Yours sincerely,