“Like downtown Riyadh”

Hilton Munich Park
Ranked #59 of 389 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I had a stopover in Munich and were recommended this hotel for it's location. Under normal circumstances it would have been good, as we had our dog with us and it being next to the Englischer Garten. However we stepped through the doors into the lobby and the whole place was full of Arab families and I mean full!! They made getting around difficult, it meant queuing for the lifts and when we got back to the hotel from dinner we went straight to our room to get out of the lobby and bar area becauser they were being used as leisure areas for these folk to hang out. Apparently they flock to Munich and Baden Baden to escape the August heat in their own countries but en masse at a hotel is not an experience I would recommend.
The staff from the concierge, waiting staff at breakfast and especially reception were extremely helpful. Nadjha and Ping particularly.

Room Tip: Dont stay in August
6  Thank Graham F
Pavol U, Operation Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for your comment. I trust our employees made your stay pleasant even though your experience. We would like to welcome you back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,079)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I checked in the 15th of August at your hotel after 23 days in a row of work without a day to rest.

I booked a King Room with my points, requesting AWAY FROM ELEVATOR and HIGH FLOOR. Well, none of these requests have been honored, I've been put in the room 315 which is the closest from the elevator, are you kidding me ? But the nightmare is not finished yet, from 4 am in the morning to 12 noon there were a lot of Arab children shouting and running in the corridor, banging the doors and disturbing my rest. I called the front desk but noone answered the phone.

I planned to extend one more night in Munich and so on I booked the Marriott Hotel. However a room became avaialble and you know what, a "mangaer" called Annaline (or something like this, unfortunately I don't remember the exact name) found me a room, I asked, since I'm a loyal HHonors member to at least match the Marriott price, but not only she weren't able to do that, but she also gave me an even smaller room. You know what ... She gave a room on the 4th floor 408, I counted 35 different childrens walking around the whole floor, loud music, children with a small motorbike running through the corridor. I called the front desk 25 times but no one but Andrea (Guest Relations, the best employee) were able to help me. I don't care you gave me free access to he lounge or free internet, that was the minimum you could have done. I slept 6 hours in 2 days, I was walking around Munich in the night because I was not able to sleep. I'm not relaxed and no one offered me a form of compensation, no one made me a discount, no one offered me something to eat... NO ONE !! You are a 5 star hotel ! You are not an Ibis hotel, you can't accept 20 children per floor. But it seems that a hotel fully booked is much better than a satisfied guest, money are more important than a satisfied loyal guest. Aren't you able to prevent some children to shout in the whole hotel?

I found a child sleeping with a pillow and a blanket in the executive lounge sofa !!!

Then.... why in the executive lounge you don't offer a meat option and just vegetarian and fish option?

I will not come back to your hotel even if it will be the last hotel in Munich !!! I would rather sleep at the railway station !!

You did a bad job ! You are the worst Hilton I've ever been

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank edom90

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions regarding your recent stay with us. Our ambition is always to make every stay as comfortable as possible and this is where our staff strives for. In your case, we were apparently not able to meet our own requirements and therefore please be so kind and accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

While this is a comfortable hotel with good amenities there are aspects that let it down. The check-in / check-out procedure is often slow and staffed mostly by trainees. Internet rarely functions well after 8pm in the evening, if at all - this should be a priority for an international business hotel. The restaurant, bar and gym are good with friendly service. Currently a lot of families are vacationing in the hotel which is making it very loud with a large number of children and tourists. Very few English TV channels. If INTERNET is a priority, I would consider elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with internet. I trust to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had stayed at this property before and always liked it. My latest experience there is likely to be my last. We arrived with another couple only to find the hotel oversold, so while we got rooms, they were not as expected. Our room had a broken makeup mirror and non-working phones; our friends' room had a broken bathroom door and was inundated with unpleasant food smells from the hallway. (They also had ordered a smoking room and a king bed and while both were confirmed, they got two twins and a non-smoking room.) We reported all our problems to the Manager on Duty, who responded with apologies, vouchers for free drinks and free Internet service; she also promised to have all the repairs fixed immediately. Upon our departure three days later, the unpleasant food smells were on our floor -- we discovered some people using a pressure cooker on their balcony at the end of our floor -- the mirror and phones still didn't work, and the same Manager on Duty promised to do better the next time if we came back. It is clear that the hotel is popular with a clientele from countries where cooking on a hotel balcony is acceptable, and the practice is tolerated by the hotel management. Considering what we paid, this was totally unacceptable and frankly, the Manager should have offered us both a considerable discount or a comp on our three nights stay.

Room Tip: Insist on a room overlooking the Englischer Garten.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reto2010

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. Certain we are striving for continuous customer service improvement. Despite of your concerns we would like to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Enjoyed the walk through the park to and from the Munich sites but the hotel was just so so. Reception was always busy so you waited in line to check in and for any other matters. Concierge service was helpful. The use of the executive suite was the saving grace although staff there, as in the rest of the hotel, did their job but were not particularly friendly. Room was Ok with a view of the park but the bed was a little hard. We didn't mind the 20+ minute walk through the park and to the old town or other venues and rather enjoyed going through the park different times of the day. There is a nearby tram which we didn't use. Not a bad hotel but nothing to get excited about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the park side and with the executive lounge access for internet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will pass your comments to my team. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We rented 3 rooms for our extended family at this hotel in August of 2014. It was right next to a beautiful park and well within walking distance to the old downtown area of Munich. The staff was very helpful and recommended some wonderful restaurants. The club room, while a bit small, served a nice breakfast and a reasonable selection of drinks during happy hour. Rooms were large, especially for European standards, and no complaints on the comfort, Internet access, or overall quality of the hotel. If we go back to Munich, we would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to accommodate you soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in Munich for a couple of nights and were worried about being a bit out of town here but we loved it. The park is right on your doorstep which is great for strolling around, playing on boats or visiting its beer gardens. You can easily get a taxi into town for 10 euro, walk (its 3 kms) or walk across the park to the U bahn. We did all 3 so we felt we really got to know the place and enjoyed it. Rooms were clean and spacious, staff very helpful and it has an excellent gym. The pool is quite small but it didnt really bother us. Would stay here again if back in Munich.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Pavol U, Pavol Urban at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for leaving comment on our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. I trust to accommodate you again soon at Hilton Munich Park.