“What an experience!!!”

Ranked #79 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Thessaloniki, Greece
“What an experience!!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Hotels are to sell experiences, not just accommodation.And what an experience to stay in this Hilton Hotel.
First of all staff is exceptional. They exceeded all of my expectations and represent very well the brand's name. Always with a smile and willing to serve you, by far the best service I have ever met.
Secondly the location is perfect, with an easy access both to city center and airport, since is just 2 min from train and sub station.
Rooms are nice and clean, with big beds and comfortable chairs.
Finally, ice on every floor, coffee in the room and many many others, are details to sometimes make the difference.
Price may be a little salty but reflects the highest quality in every section.
A minus that even in motels nowdays the wifi is free.
Considering my experience in Hilton Munich City, Hilton has just won a loyal customer.
Thank you for everything.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank darklord444
Jennifer_Canakiymaz, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Thessaloniki. Greece,

We are so proud about your comments - thank you so much for that. It is a pleasure for us to see that you had a great time with us. We are so happy having exceeded your expectations in such a great way. Especially the comment on our service is so amazing. We will share your feedback with our team.

We are looking forward to give you a experience like this again and glad to have you as loyal customer to Hilton Worldwide.

With warm regards,

Jennifer Canakiymaz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I am diamond HHonors member, and i stayed at this hotel for two nights for speial occasion with my family.

The room was nicely and basically furnished, the toilette is quite tight one. The room service was quick and efficient however it took long time to recillect the trays from front of my door and front of other guests rooms.

The parking fee of 22 euro/ day is quite expensive compared to other hotel in the area.

The pre arrival request didnt work well with me at this hotel, i ordered floweres for my wife before my arrival, but when i arrived to my room i didnt find any thing, i notified the front desk about it but they totally igonred my request. Upon my check out i found that they charged me the flowers, and after short discusion with the front desk recieptionist she managed to cancel, i asked to meet HHonors manager or guest relation manager but she told me no body for such duty ! One day later i got an email from the same reciptionist informing me that they delivered the flowers to the wrong room and they appologize for that and the deducted a dinner amount from my bill as sign of good intention. But it was really a disaapintment for me to arrange such occasion through the pre arrival request service.

Dear Turki_Saad,

As a diamond member you were in many Hilton hotels in different countries, so I want to thank you for your loyalty and your comments - I really appreciate them.
I hope you had a save trip to your destination.

I apologize for the incident with your pre-order, I understand your feedback regarding this completely. Please see this as an exeption to the rule. It is also not acceptable that our front desk member could not find a manager to talk to you. I am really sorry for that and allready made sure that this will not happen again.

I hope, in spite of these experiences, you had a great time in Munich and you will give us the chance to make it right with your next visit.

With kind regards,

Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I recently stayed with my family for two nights in the Hilton Munich City and it met all of our needs very well.

Pros -
Large rooms with comfortable beds
Good, if expensive, dining at the hotel
Best hotel gym I've yet seen in Europe
GREAT location – don't let its location slightly away from the Marienplatz confuse you. It is two stops town – at Rosenheimer Platz – and it is directly above the station. When you get off the S-Bahn at Rosenheimer Platz coming from the HBF/Marienplatz direction, make a left getting off the train and follow the signs to the hotel. You don't even have to go outside, which is very convenient if the weather is rainy. It took us no longer than 10 minutes from the point of leaving our rooms to get to the Marienplatz – the center of most activity in Munich.
Great front desk staff. On one occasion, they arranged for a call-in doctor to attend to one of the members of our party. On another, they held notes for us when our party split up for one day so we could locate each other. It was very helpful. Separately, when an internet connection caused an important web session to fail, they gave us 24 hours free internet.

Cons -
The internet is expensive and spotty and only two computers can be linked up to the code you purchase, a problem with larger parties.
The hotel is a business hotel, for better or for worse. My family and I took a nap in the lobby as they prepared our rooms and I was woken up by the hotel staff to be told (politely) to take my feet off the couch. This is fine and not a problem, but it isn't a hotel which caters to younger children or folks on binge-drinking benders.
The location is not a hotspot of activity. See Pros for the other side of this – and it wasn't a problem at all for us – but if you want a place where you can walk outside the hotel and you are in the center of things, you may want to go closer in.

Overall, we are very pleased with the hotel and it was particularly comfortable coming in between two overnight trains on our trip. Highly recommend this hotel and Munich.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for separate beds if you want them.
Dear Baba G,

Thank you for your detailed comments. It is very important for us to see both sides the pros and the cons to improve our service. We are very pleased to see that we met your expectations in many ways and also very proud that our renovated gym was to your satisfaction.

We are happy, that you enjoyed our convenient location and also that our staff made you feel welcome.

Thank you very much for your recommendation! Hopefully, we can welcome you back again one day.

With kind regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We are a large family traveling through Western Europe. We took 3 rooms at the Hilton Munich City for several nights. We couldn't be happier.

The rooms and beds were extremely comfortable. The gym was excellent, with a Precor elliptical, cross-trainer, two treadmills and two stationary bikes (plus some weights and core equipment). The hotel has a beer garden, which was very pleasant. One of us needed a doctor, and the hotel arranged for one.

The only complaint is that internet is very expensive (22 Euro for 24 hours). But the price of the hotel was very fair, so we just factored that in.

The location is perfect. It's on a subway line just a few convenient stops to Englisher Garden, Marienplats, or Central station. It was a bit chilly here, with some rain, so being able to get on the train without going outside was a huge plus.

We will stay here for all of our future Munich trips. It's corporate, for sure, but in all the good ways.

Room Tip: Get the multi-day train passes. They are inexpensive and the train system is incredibly efficient.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Jennifer_Canakiymaz, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear QdogBocaRaton_FL,

your comment couldn´t be better. Thank you!

Apparently you were able to enjoy several of the great benefits of our hotel: location, the new Fitness Lounge, and our service attitude, which is one of our most important attribute.

We hope the weather is a lot nicer during your next stay in Munich and of course with us.

Warm regards,
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I used to work for Siemens and used to visit the city quite regtularly. I normall syaed at a hotel in Perlach but on occasions I stayed here. Great hotel, the rooms were magnificent and the value incredible. No issues at all.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Jennifer_Canakiymaz, Executice Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Christ T,

We really think it is great that you keep on coming to Munich - no matter if it is because of business or leisure reasons. We do appreciate your comment about our incredible value.

We promise that we will not only keep it that way, but also improve wherever we can.

Hope to have you back soon,
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2012

The Hilton hotel is located directly above the Rosenheimer platz public transportation center which offers access to the airport and anywhere in Munich. The hotel is also located in an area within walking distance of restaurants, bars and beer gardens. The hotel is clean and well managed but a little pricey. They still charge you for wifi usage unlike most hotels. The restaurant, bar and even coffee in the morning was also more expensive than most hotels. Overall the convenient location still makes it a good choice for business or vaction travel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear jbirchfield,

Thank you very much. I guess there is hardly anything to add but: "can´t wait to have you back!!"

...we are very much looking forward to it.

Best regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is perfect for the site seeing tourist. The rooms are comfortable European style nice bathroom and amenities. What I enjoyed most is that it is located directly above an S-bhan (subway) station, there is also a shopping center with restaurants, grocery stores, and retail outlets there. A 15-20 minute walk to the city center where you can really do some credit card damage at some great stores. Loved my stay there, the staff was excellent. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business