“Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #81 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed 5 nights in 2 rooms--1 with 2 twins and one with a king bed. Both rooms were relatively spacious and light. They were very clean, but the bathrooms were somewhat dated.They were on a regular floor (not executive). We were in nonsmoking rooms, but the hallway had smoking rooms on one side and nonsmoking on the other. The hallways smelled very smokey, but the rooms were fine.

We were pleasantly surprised that our rooms were ready early (at 1p.m.) when we arrived, exhausted after a transatlantic flight. The staff was helpful and pleasant at checkin/out and every other time we had questions.

I am a Hilton diamond member, so we had access to the executive lounge. It was wonderful. A very nice continental breakfast (hard and soft boiled eggs were the only things I missed) with lots of lox in the morning and complimentary wine and beer with appetizers in the evening probably compensated us to the tune of one of our rooms!

It was a 10-15 minute walk to the center of the city, but as stated in other reviews the subway is right under the hotel if you don't want to walk.

Room Tip: Consider paying extra from an Executive level room. The lounge makes it worth it!
1  Thank a36schmidt_12
Sandra_Hufnagel, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was with pleasure that I read the comments about your stay. Thank you for the kind words about our friendly staff, the Executive Lounge and our wonderful breakfast, which has indeed one of the best selections in Munich. Regarding the smoky smell in the hallways, please be assured that I directly contacted our executive housekeeper to address this and prevent it from happening in the future. I understand that you expected a fresh and clean hallway and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for this issue.

I still hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.

With kind regards from Munich

Executive Office

Write a ReviewReviews (2,744)

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Excellent value, extremely helpful staff, direct access to subway/trains, don't even have to go outside to get to train station. Elevator in the hotel will take you to the station as well as un underground shopping are complete with grocery store. Breakfast buffet outstanding, well worth the money. Convenient walking distance to several beer gardens.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on your experience with us. This is especially valuable to us, coming from a HHonors Member.

I was delighted to read that our staff made your stay a comfortable one and that they left a positive impression. I will gladly pass your kind words on to them. We are grateful that you have had a pleasant stay at our hotel and enjoyed the comfortable location, as well as our Breakfast Buffet.

We hope to welcome you as our guest back in the beautiful city of Munich.

If you have further questions, please contact me directly at any time.

All the best

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights end of June this year. Checkin and checkout was quite fast that I didnt even knew. Hotel staff were very cordial and nice. As soon as I saw my room, I requested for a change since it was very small with an odd shape. I was lucky that the hotel was not full.The staff happily gave me another room in the fourth floor with a very nice view of the street outside.Breakfast was good. However as my stay there was for a week, I got a little bored with the same menu everyday. Wi Fi was available in the room and was fast. The most important point to be mentioned about this hotel, is the location. Excellent location with great connectivity to any part of the city as well as the airport. The S-bahn station is just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. There is a direct entry into the subway which leads to the S-bahn station from the hotel which really helps during the rains. Will definitely recommend this hotel as I had a pleasant stay

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor were quite
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank zanju
Sandra_Hufnagel, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and also for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time in Munich and also that that we were able to quickly address your disappointment about your initial room. We are grateful for your warm words regarding our hotel staff, it is always a huge motivation for our whole team and I am happy to pass them on. Reading your comments I remarked that you were disappointed about the hotel serving the same Breakfast Buffet every day. I already passed this feedback on to our Chef and we will discuss the implementation of about a new rotation menu in our next meeting.

I hope to be able to welcome you back at Hilton Munich City in the furture.

With kind regards

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

If you stay at Hiltons you need to be a rewards member. All of the complaints on this site is about prices that are only an issue becuase you didn't know you get all of this for free. Breakfast (which is better than any Hilton I've been to in America) and wifi are both free if you are a Hilton Honors gold or diamond member, plus you would've been upgraded to the excutive floor for no extra charge.
Nice hotel located at the station (be careful of station closures on weekends for the rest of August) with an amazing breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

I was truly happy to read your feedback on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your positive words regarding our hotel and our HHonors loyalty program. As you have already mentioned internet is free of charge for our HHonors Gold & Diamond guests, but also for all guests, but also for all guests in our restaurant, bar & lobby, as well as at our connectivity station where we offer two pc’s and connection points for laptops.
Next to this we always have rates available including breakfast and internet at reduced prices.

From your review I could see that you enjoyed your stay a lot, as well as the breakfast buffet and the nice location which is often remarked upon.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Munich.

All the best

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Booked a triple room for 2 nights.Very comfortable beds,good shower,flat screen tv,space in mini bar to cool guest drinks and also an ice machine in the hallway. The breakfast selection was excellent and staff here friendly and attentive.
Only negative comment as per many large chain hotels,no free wi fi in bedroom,it is 25 euros for 24 hours !
The location is perfect walk left or right,and even the subway metro adjoins the hotel. The consierge snd his team were first class and covered many needs.Overall a well run and efficient hotel

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank stephen k
Sandra_Hufnagel, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and also for sharing your positive words with us.

I was truly pleased to read that you enjoyed our room facilities a lot, as well as the breakfast in the morning. We are grateful to pass on your warm words to our team members particularly those about our concierge team; it is always a huge motivation for them. Reading your comment I could see that you felt our Wi-Fi cost too much. I can understand your point of view, we do offer free Wi-Fi in the public area of the hotel, for those who do not wish to pay for this service.

I hope to welcome you back in the beautiful city of Munich.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Standard hotel, standard room. Yes, metro is close by if it's running. It was closed for repairs so we were on and off buses to another metro whose moving stairs were not working, so we hauled luggage up and down many flights of stairs on and off buses and trains. Call the hotel before going to check on scheduled maintenance of the train system.
We would have preferred to stay right near the hotel to go out for a drink and bite to eat but Hilton reception desk folks and concierge couldn't suggest anything in the area. It was a Friday night! We took a cab to and from another area that had a couple places to eat and drink. In the morning we went to a lovely pastry shop and fruit stand less than a block away from the hotel near the bus/metro stop.

1  Thank MCoolBreezeH

Dear Guest,

It is always helpful for the hotel to receive constructive feedback, therefore I would like to thank you and also for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

We do apologise for the inconvenience with the trains. The city is undertaking a wide scale maintenance program of the rail network which the city centre and as a result the trains are unfortunately not running at weekends to our station. These works are due to finish on 26 August 2013. Please do allow me to apologise for the inconvenience regarding our Concierge service. Without doubt, the base of our business is a friendly and guest oriented service attitude. This is a quality, we are very proud of at Hilton and especially at the Hilton Munich City.
We have already shared your comment with our head concierge to make sure that this experience stays an exception to the rule and that respective trainings are conducted, where needed.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Munich.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel is great for location. There is a train station under it. The rooms are very good. Our problem comes from the restaurant in the hotel. When we went to the restaurant, we were first recognized then ignored. We then went down the street to a excellent Italian restaurant that wanted our business. Shame on these people

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandra_Hufnagel, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Your review is valuable for us; it helps us to point on what we need to improve. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our room facilities and the great location our hotel which is often remarked upon. Unfortunately you have got a bad impression of the restaurant service, I am sorry this had to happen. Please be assured that this does not comply with our usual hotel standard and we have discussed this issue with Restaurant Manager to ensure it is not reflated.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in Munich.

Best regards