Let me begin with the qualification that I've been Hilton Gold/Silver for some years [ and am just about to be elevated to Gold again ]. So I do rather like Hilton's in general ,and if I lapsed back to Silver it was only because my Business travel made that not possible.
Munich as well ,is a favourite of mine [ as is Germany overall ] and always look forward to a trip here.
I've stayed in a few Munich Hotels including one in particular that's close to the Hauptbanhof [ for convenience to train travel ]
So I was looking forward a trip here to the Hilton City for the first time.
On the positive
* check-in and out was well done. They are often busy with large groups/air-crew but seem to cope very well. I found them very pleasant as well
* location is a short walk to the Old town and also some decent local Restaurants. The Underground is very close and there are nearly always waiting taxi's outside.
* Its a pleasant bar to have a nightcap in , with excellent staff too.
On the negative
* 25 Euro for daily wifi is in-excusable. If you're "gold" you don't pay but everyone else does. I don't care if there is free internet access in the lobby but to charge so much to use in your room per day is a disgrace in this era of cheap bandwidth
* If you don't have a breakfast rate - its an eye-watering 29euro for breakfast. I went for breakfast on Saturday [ the only day I had time ] and was meet with hordes of people for Saturday brunch all milling round. We had to struggle to even get a table. The staff were run off their feet even just trying to keep up with replenishing food and clearing tables. This was just a standard buffet remember with one person cooking eggs. If it was free or 10 Euro's lets say I'd have put up with it but at 29 Euro its the worst standard of breakfast I have ever seen relative to such a high cost . I'm told it is quieter weekdays but did not see that - just Saturday.
So - in summary fellow travellers - this is the occasion when we should give thanks to Trip Advisor for the ability to share such information. Forewarned is forearmed and it exposes such high prices to us all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Munich City provides modern accomodation in the heart of Munich, with a direct train link to the aiport and the main station. The shopping mile at the Marienplatz ist just a ten minutes walk away. Business centre, 2 restaurants, café, bar, 24h gym, room service - the hotel offers the full range of services for the business and leisure guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Munich City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Munich City Hotel Munich
- Munich Hilton