“Quality hotel, but internet charges border on unethical”
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #79 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff at check-in are pleasant and efficient, the rooms comfortable, a decent restaurant and café, and a prime location right on the S-Bahn. So why didn't I rate it as a four or five - their internet charges, which were 25! Euros a day - and it wasn't lightning fast, either. There reaches a point when you start to question the ethics of the management when a service is overcharged by this much.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank yougowhere
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve our services and product.

I hope that you enjoyed the time at our hotel and that you had a comfortable journey home.

Regarding the internet I am delighted to share with you that we have reduced our internet prices to 5€ per hour and 10€ per day since the April 7th. I hope this is to your satisfaction.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Philip Murray
Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Munich City

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I visited Munich for a meeting but as it was Easter holidays I brought my teenage kids along so they could explore Munich whilst I was busy.

We chose this hotel as it is directly above the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station meaning that everywhere was easily accessible. We also got a decent deal on an Executive Plus room which gave us access to the Lounge where we could relax in the evening (the room was a bit cramped with three beds in it!).

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and well provisioned and the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us such a positive feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City.

We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and we want our guests feel cared for, valued and respected.
Therefore it was great to read that we reached our goal.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were 3 girls staying here for one night on the way back from a ski trip and catching a flight from Munich the next day. We paid £150 and were in room 4098.

This is a Hilton so the room and hotel standards will naturally be of a good level. However so many other things let this hotel down:

1) the check in girl was just plain rude checking us in. Didn't tell us what time breakfast was, where it was and gave us our and sent us on our way

2) Booked a triple room but only had a double bed, back down at reception the rude check in girl told us that they were sending up our roll away bed. Apparently they don't do triple rooms. Why the bed wasn't in our room on arrival, or why the check in girl didn't tell us that when we were checking in I don't know. Would have saved is bringing all our luggage back down to go back up again (we thought they'd made a mistake and we'd be changing rooms)

3) ordered room service, 3 meals and they only delivered 2

4) rooms are absolutely roasting. We had the aircon on all night on the lowest setting and it didn't do a thing.

Wanted a room to relax in for the night after our week's tiring ski trip. Maybe this hotel is good for business guests who need all the facilities the hotel has to offer but not good if you actually want to use the rooms at all. Won't be staying here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bacardo_queen

Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

As I could read from your feedback you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please do allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced.

I have already passed your comment regarding the check In on to our Front Desk Manager in order to make sure that this will not happen again. If you could let us know your room number and the dates you stayed, I will also make sure I address the issue with the unfriendly service at reception with the respective colleague.

I am sorry for the inconvenience regarding the bed. I can share with you that we unfortunately do not have triple rooms with fixed beds and therefore it is only possible to expand the room with a rollaway bed. I fully agree with you that this should already have been taken care of before your arrival.

I was sorry to read we made a mistake with your roomservice order. I already passed this feedback on to the roomservice in order to make sure that this was an exception.

I really do hope that despite these issues we will be able to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future in order to show you the high level of service we are known for.

If you do visit us again please let us know via Bianca.steppan@hilton.com so we can upgrade you to a suite as a small compensation for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Deutsches Museum is a short walk away, as is the Völkisches Bad. The Hofbräuhaus is about 500-600m away, a pleasant walk. The staff were nice and friendly. The bar food was imaginative and good value. The room was really comfortable, warm and clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.
I hope you has a comfortable journey home.

I was happy to read that you were very satisfied with your stay and that you enjoyed your time inMunich. I was especially pleased to read your comment regarding our hotel staff because we always want our guests to feel cared for, valued and respected.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel is well placed with a station right there,the concierge was very helpful with information about tickets for the trains,the room was lovely and very well equipped.I would definitely recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. I hope you had a comfortable journey home.

We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guest therefore I was very happy to read your positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis because of its corporate contract with my employer. I go the Munich at least once a month and so I know this hotel very well, having been coming here for almost twenty years. The one thing that bothers me the most is how much noise the cleaners make all the time. If you are a person bothered my noise, this is not the hotel for you. The cleaners do not try to be quiet when they drag their cleaning trolleys in the hallway. They bang them against the wall, let the doors close behind them which shake your room because the doors are heavy, talk loudly among
themselves, and generally are clueless that they may be bothering guests who are trying to sleep. If you get a room close to one of the housecleaning supplies rooms--and there are many of them--then you'd behearing loud noises constantly.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank smafan18

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City. This is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

I was sorry to hear you were bothered by noise during a number of your past stays. I already passed this feedback on on to our Head of the Housekeeping in order to address this issue. If you could let me know your name via Bianca.steppan@hilton.com I will make sure we put a note in your profile to allocate you rooms away from the maids´ office moving forward.

I hope to welcome you as our loyal guest back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Metro has a station under the hotel. You can get on metro from airport until the under of hotel. You can easily find yourself in the loby. Easy to find nice places for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There are famous beer gardens near to hotel. Consierge helps very well.
By 15 minutes walking you can go to the Marianplatz with a nice wiev on the way.
The rest is classical Hilton :) Clean, central, helpfull employee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we reached our goal of creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.