“excellent service”
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #78 of 388 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary for 4 nights. We were given an upgrade with champagne and chocolates upon arrival. Check in was easy and everyone spoke excellent English. The staff went out of there way to help us with everything from luggage to directions .The breakfast buffet was very nice and service was good. The location was close to the train station so we were able to come directly from the airport without needing a cab. We also enjoyed the executive lounge every evening. There was a little terrace off the lounge that we really liked. We would definitely stay here again if we returned to Munich.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

As I could read from your feedback you were very satisfied with your stay. It is great to know that we reached our goal of creating an unforgettable stay for our guests and to make them feel cared for, valued and respected.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great service and great location. A very relaxing area by the river at 20 minute walking distance from the heart of town. Perfect for both busines and leisure, with a Subway station accesible from the lobby and just one stop away from train station.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us.

I was happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay and I hope you had a comfortable journey home.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Positives: Superb location, friendly staff, clean rooms, great breakfast, good executive lounge.

Negatives: Spotty wifi.

This was our first visit to Munich, and we weren't sure what to expect from this location. It seemed like all the cool kids were staying in the Altstadt or in the Schwabing area...the Hilton Schwabing certainly looked more posh than this one. I'm sure it's wonderful, but Hilton Munich City was practically perfect in every way.

Baggage claim to hotel room took less than an hour. Check-in was pretty easy, and we got upgraded to the executive floor. The HHonors line looked a bit long, and it ended up being a little quicker in the normal lines. Our room was right next to the stairs, and we could hear the stairwell fairly clearly. Not a huge deal, though, because overall it was pretty quiet for being in the middle of a major city.

Our first time in the executive lounge, one portly man announced in a thick accent, "I hope you're not Americans. I don't like Americans." Uh...thanks for sharing? Fortunately, this was just another guest, and not at all indicative of the hotel's staff, who impressed us with their friendliness and patience. Oh, and we kept on running into that guy for the rest of our stay, but he never said anything else -- I think because he was with his wife for all but the first encounter, he was on his best behavior.

Anyway, everyone from the friendly lady who greeted us each morning in the restaurant, to the executive lounge staff who patiently answered every question, to the concierge (perhaps the elder one who some have complained about?) who helped us with mailing postcards...everyone was cheerful and utterly delightful (and I was totally on the lookout for the stank eye after that one guest in the executive lounge, so it's not like I Pollyanna'd my way through this stay).

Breakfast was great. The orange juice tasted freshly squeezed, and there was sparkling wine...but I was too chicken to make myself a mimosa. The scrambled eggs were a bit liquidy some days, but the weisswurst was always delicious and the grilled tomatoes were a nice treat. And the baked goods. nom nom nom.

The location is PERFECT. You don't need a car, and in fact, the car may be more of a bother than anything else. The hotel is on top of the Rosenheimer Platz station (with ready S-bahn access to both the airport and the main rail station). The Altstadt tourist attractions are an easy ten minute walk away, but if you want to escape the craziness you can return to the hotel's neighborhood of Haidhausen, which is both laid back and alive. There's a shopping center across the street, and there are restaurants and banks everywhere. Oh, and they rent bikes too (at reasonable rates). Next time, this hotel + bikes + Englischer Garten = like a week of awesome, seriously.

To the Hilton Munich City, thank you for a wonderful stay. It was truly amazing. You and your staff are top-notch, and we look forward to returning.

To those of you (still) reading, this hotel is great. Just resign yourself to not using the wifi much. Maybe that's not such a horrible thing after all. :-p

2  Thank Brent L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a detailed feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and want to ensure they feel cared for, valued and respected. I am delighted to know that we reached our goal.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had a 2 day buisness trip to Munich and stayed at this Hilton. It was very much what I expect from a Hilton: clean, comfortable and quiet. The location is quite good also as it's a 10 minute walk to the Marienplatz shopping area. I will definitely stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to give us yourfeedback about your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great time at our hotel and that we reached our goal of creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Diamond member, stayed in an Executive room.

Room was nice with a large opening window overlooking a quiet park.
The location is pretty good being walking distance to the old town, but far enough away to be quiet.
The Executive lounge was just OK.
We had the buffet breakfast in the restaurant and it was excellent.

Unfortunately, the negatives are the staff.

We asked how to get to the S-Bahn to be told to “go out the door and head about 100m or so down the street where we will see a subway entrance”. We then discovered there is an elevator with the hotel down to the subway. How can staff not know this?

We decided to bring our bags down so we could have breakfast and then leave. There was no concierge or bell staff so after waiting a few minutes we asked reception for assistance. This got a “there should be someone there” and then we were ignored.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

As I could read from your feedback you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please do allow me to apologize for the inconveniences.

I was really surprised to read your feedback about our hotel staff usually they are praised for their attitude and helpfulness. I have however taken your feedback as an example as where we still have room to improve on and to ensure this is not repeated.

It would be great if you could let us know your name via Bianca.steppan@hilton.com so we can upgrade you to a suite as a small compensation for the inconvenience caused.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and location.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Bianca Steppan
Executive Office

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Hilton Munich City is a decent hotel. The restaurant is really excellent compared to most hotel restaurants. The location sits atop the S line trains and so is super convenient. That defines the good of the hotel. The property needs to be refurbished. The bathrooms are showing wear and tear and the linens and bedding are not comfortable. In particular, the internet is wholly unsuitable for a business traveller. It would periodically require both me, and also my co-worker on another floor so it wasn't a local issue, to turn our wireless on and off about every 15-30 minutes to re-establish our connection. It made it impossible to do any work from the the room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay. Without your feedback we would not be able to improve our services and product.

I can share with you that we are completing our renovation plans at the moment and we hope to begin it in the near future.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with our internet connection. I already passed it on to our technical team in order to improve this service.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed our restaurant and location.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Philip Murray
Operations Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, just far enough away from the sites to be quiet but sits right above the subway station that will take you to all of the important areas in Munich. We stayed on one of the executive floors and enjoyed the extra amenities and pampering. We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in Munich.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was happy to read that you had a great time at our hotel. It is great to know that we achieved our goal of creating an unforgettable experience for our guests.

Philip Murray