“Munich City Hilton”

Ranked #81 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Munich City Hilton”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This is conveniently located hotel, you are either a short walk to Marienplatz ( 15 minutes) or link to the U Bhan or tube adjacent. Staff attentive and friendly. Internet is not free in the rooms, you have to pay or stick in the lobby to check your emails.

Stayed July 2014
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

You seem to have really enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to hear this!

It was great to read your feedback about our hotel staff as they are our biggest asset in creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Floris Licht
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staff extremely helpfull. Facilities are great and concierge goes out of his way to help you.Location is walking distance away from the old town. Parking is available on site.It is a pity that internet facilities are charged for for a certain catagory of guests.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Hi,

You seem to have really enjoyed your stay, delighted to hear this!

We do offer free wifi in all public areas of the hotel and since mid april we reduced our internet prices to €10 per day or €5 per hour as a result of guest feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Boy, where do we start with this place. We stayed at this hotel with a group from Globus. Upon arrival, our tour guide said that there were no porters to transport our luggage so we all had to unload our suitcase ourselves.

Our tour guide sent this hotel a fax the morning of our stay reminding them to make sure that families were given rooms adjoining each other.

Wonders of wonders-Hilton ignored the fax and families were given rooms on separate floors. This was unacceptable so our guide told the front desk to make it right. One desk clerk worked to get rooms adjusted while the 2 other clerks stood there doing nothing. So unreal. While awaiting our room for 40 mins, we sat on the completely filthy lobby furniture.

Finally given rooms and had to come back down to a request another room as one was completely filthy. Rooms had dirty carpet, old outdated furniture falling apart.

Suitcases were to left outside room by 6:45. Porters never came to pick up our luggage so again, we had to bring our own luggage down.... Concierge (older gentleman) was gruff and acted as though we were annoying him. Tell him to smile. His day will go by faster.

The only thing good about this place was the included breakfast. It was good and had a good selection of food.

This Hilton needs a complete overhaul of its furnishings and it's staff. To think that the price of this old outdated, poorly staffed hotel was about 200 euros is more than I can fathom. I really want my money back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alwaystosagirl1983
Hello,

I am really sorry and surprised you did not enjoy your stay.
Its important to us the guests leave happy and with this in mind I would be grateful if you could contact me directly via Bianca.steppan@hilton.com to discuss this personally.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was really easy to access from the train. We took the train from the airport directly to the train station adjacent to the hotel. This saved us the high taxi fare both ways. Location of the hotel was fabulous and very close to the city center and shopping, restaurants, etc. Very nice!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello,

Thanks for telling us about your stay. Delighted to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The best part of Hilton Munich City is its close proximity to the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station. You can get to the city center or the airport easily. There is an elevator near the bar that will take you close to the station level. You only have to carry your luggage a few steps.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The neighborhood is quiet. I am very happy with my stay. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TXwonderer
Hi,

You seem to be very satisfied with your stay, delighted to hear it! Great to know that you had a nice visit to Munich and were happy with your hotel choice.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

First the good bits: location was great and extremely easy to get to, and my room was back facing so no road noise. But that's about it really.

I booked this hotel extremely last minute and the day before a business trip and as I was pushed for time I just saw that this was very near where I needed to be and assumed a certain standard that I've experience with previous Hilton hotels. I won't make this mistake again.

I paid almost 200EUR for room only for one night and was pretty appalled that wifi in the room was another 10EUR per 24 hours, but since I needed to do a fair amount of work and couldn't really perch in the lobby for hours for free wifi, I paid up. I didn't bother with the breakfast because it was a staggering 29EUR and frankly there are a couple of bakeries right around the corner.

My main issue was the condition of the room. The décor was pretty beige/drab but I guess that's a matter of taste - but the state of the room was awful. I just checked in and got to work and only a couple of hours later as I got ready before dinner did I start noticing that the side of the bath was all scratched up, the tiles were pretty mouldy and grouting cracked/missing, the bathroom door was all worn and chipped etc etc, As I was on my way out I noticed some of the wallpaper had been torn and was hanging off, and the carpet was stained.

I got back from dinner and my key card didn't work (no I didn't put it in a wallet with anything magnetic etc, it was in my coat pocket and well away from my bag) so as I went back down to reception to sort it out I mentioned to the night duty person that there were a few problems with the room - not to complain or ask to be moved, I just mentioned it in passing. Their opinion was to apologise and thank me for pointing it out, as they would never know these things if they weren't told by guests.

I got back up to the room and thought hold on, wouldn't the cleaning staff perhaps notice wallpaper hanging off? Does no-one inspect the rooms ever? So I had a further look around and near where the wallpaper was hanging off, there were loads of other chunks missing too. There's no way you could miss that if you actually looked at it.

In the morning when I checked out (which took way too long - only one person was checking a long queue of people out) and was asked if I had a good stay I mentioned the room again in passing but got a bit of a blank "I didn't really want an answer to that question" stare, though she did remove the wifi charge from my bill.

Still though, I paid almost 200EUR for a room here, when a colleague stayed at a lovely hotel just down the road for 69EUR. Lesson learned.

So this isn't just whinging I've put up a few photos to show exactly what I am talking about (and not even all of them). I've never taken/put up photos of a hotel room before, but that's how strongly I feel about this place!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Morgie111
Hello,

Thanks for telling us about your stay. I am really sorry you were not satisfied.
Based on guest feedback we reduced our internet prices to€10 per day or €5 per hour in mid of April.

Whilst it is not cheap we do receive very good feedback about breakfast, it is very popular to our guests and the variety is often praised. You could also enjoy a snack at our Café Cino or you could use our a la carte service if you don´t want to pay for the full breakfast buffet.
My apologies you were not satisfied with the condition of your room. I would appreciate if you could let me know the room number via Bianca.steppan@hilton.com so we can rectify this issues without relay. I am glad to share that we are planning our renovation at the moment and we hope to begin it in the near future.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 27 June 2014

very nice hotel in a perfect location with the metro station just outside the hotel.. very easy to get to from the airport ... big supermarket and bakery just across the road .. and just a 10 minute walk to the city centre

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank andreas t
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hello,

You seem to have really enjoyed your stay with us, delighted to hear this!
Great to know that you had a nice visit to Munich and were happy with your hotel choice!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.