“Had a nice stay in Munich”
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #81 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“Had a nice stay in Munich”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Although this is not the most updated Hilton I have stayed in, it was quite comfortable. The hotel staff was very accommodating and the breakfast was very good. We are Hilton Gold members so breakfast and wifi were free. There were many issues with the wifi and having to restart many times during our 5 night stay.
The concierge was also dry helpful, we had booked a tour of Salzburg and the tour company messed up and put us on the wrong bus, we got a tour of the Royal Castles for free and the concierge arranged our next 2 tours at no charge also ! Very impressed with their service!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that you were satisfied with our service as it is the biggest asset in creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

I am sorry you found the internet unstable. We did have a system update at the end of last week and do expect to see a dramatic improvement from nom on.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for one night and was grossly disappointed with how things went. Have never seen worse wi-fi at a hotel ever. When I arrived, the wi-fi would work for three minutes at a time; very important, since I was trying to get work done. I'd have to disconnect from the network and then re-connect to get back on. After a couple hours of that, the wi-fi just stopped working altogether for the remainder of the evening. I called down to ask whether there was any solution and was told that there wasn't without any rhyme, reason, or offer of compensation. I was tempted to ask for a refund of my room and move to another hotel, since having wi-fi was critical to getting my work done, but it was so late that I decided to just leave it for the morning, when I would be moving to a hotel which hopefully had working internet.

Other problems abounded. The executive lounge (where I tried to decamp in the hopes of finding working wi-fi) was disappointing, with the woman in charge offering no assistance with the wi-fi problems and seemingly spending her time ensuring that hotel guests didn't bring their family members into the lounge, which started a loud argument with another party. The front desk routinely didn't answer the phone (the phone would automatically disconnect after four rings, so over the course of the three different times calling downstairs, I had to ring the desk three times each before somebody would pick up). Hotel staff were also audibly complaining to each other at checkin about how frustrated they were. I am not sure if the hotel is understaffed or if the people working at this hotel are not happy, but this was not a pleasant experience.

The hotel itself is in a very good location, attached to a S-bahn stop that makes accessing the city very easy. It's a very easy trip from the airport as a result. The room I was placed into was adequately sized and comfortable for a European hotel. (The bed was extremely stiff, which was not to my liking, but understandably that may suit some.) The one exception to the poor service was in the hotel restaurant, where I went for a late dinner because everything near the hotel was closed after 9 PM or so. While I did not enjoy the food at the restaurant, the service from the women working at the restaurant was wonderful and deserved mention.

I would not stay here again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

Please do allow me to apologize for not being completely satisfied with your stay.

I was sorry to read your comments about the internet. We have had some problems recently but had a system upgrade at the end of last week so expect to see a dramatic improvement. I do apologize you did not get a proper answer when you called.

I was very surprised to read that you were not satisfied with the service. Normally our hotel staff are highly praised by our guests. However I already passed your feedback on to our Front Desk Manager in order to make sure that this remains the exception.

It would be great if we get the chance to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future in order to show you our product and service in a more positive light.

Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I checked in quite late. I was givena warm welcome by a trainee I think and she did very well in informing me that my details were correct and that I had been given an upgrade

It was no ordinary upgrade, it was a suite. It wasnt just any suite either, it had a kitchen a bar a sofa and 2 armchairs a desk a dining table a bathroom and nice bedroom. Wow!!

I went to the lounge and had great room service whilst I was there. check out the veg stir fry, simple and good to eat at 10.30pm.

Breakfast was Pretty good, nothing special. It would be nice if they would serve you and have Breakfast tea to hand.

Nice people in the lounge too.

Reason for not giving full marks was that housekeeping entered my bedroom before 8.00am without knocking and a guy came in later whilst I was on a conference call.

LOOK AT WHO HAS CHECKED OUT FIRST!!!

I will return and hope to be looked after again, and left in bed!

Room Tip: Put a do not disturb BEFORE you go to bed
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 1 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay at our hotel and that we reached our goal of creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

Please do allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I already passed it on to our Front Desk Manager and Housekeeping team in order to make sure that this will not be repeated.

Kind regards,

Canberra
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Munich City for a couple of days as an opportunity for my brother to fly in from London while my wife and I visited Munich. The main point is that the staff were very friendly (especially on the executive floor) and the hotel is on top of a subway. Although if you get good weather you can walk into town no problem - it is not too far from some trendy areas that are more local focused and less touristic. A little renovation is needed, but if you get a good price for a room and are happy to get the train then the hotel is a good choice. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the executive level...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the moment we are planning our renovation and we hope to get started it as fast as possible.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have very mixed feelings about our stay here. The staff were very good and helpful. However the hotel fell below Hilton standards. First, when we checked in they told us the room was ready but it was not. We booked a room for three yet there was sleeping only for two and towels for two! Further, the room was quite shabby - the carpeting was badly stained and the wallpaper falling off the walls! The positives were the helpful staff and the breakfast which was included in our rate. We booked through a discount online site. Had we paid full rate with no breakfast we would have been quite angry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I can share with you that we are planning our renovation at the moment and we hope to realize it in the near future.

It was great to read your positive feedback about our hotel staff as they are our biggest asset in making our guests feel cared for, valued and respected.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Lake Forest, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Hilton Munich City was my third hotel in 5 nights. All I can say is that it was by far the best. The staff was fantastic, the room was clean and inviting and the location was perfect for my visit to Munich.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

i was delighted to read that you had a great time at our hotel.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located in the heart of Munich. A lot of sights are close by.
Our room was spacious and bright - but a little touch up wouldn't hurt.
The lobby looked a bit dark and not a welcoming as I expected.
If you just over night, its perfectly fine.

Stayed March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City.

We always want our guests feel cared for, valued and respected and it´s great to know that you experienced this. Thank you for your comments about our lobby, we believe the arrival and first impression is very important so we will look into this.

Kind regards,