“Everything was going fine until...”

Munich Marriott Hotel
Ranked #73 of 389 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Everything was going fine until right after I checked out.

Before that I had enjoyed my stay in this nice hotel which has a surprisingly quiet and relaxing considering it is next to a main highway with a ton of traffic. Prices in Munich vary a lot but I paid 106 Euros for room and breakfast which I thought seemed reasonable for the area.

I was on a business trip and my office is close by the hotel. If you are thinking of staying for tourism though it is not far to the metro station and also an easy walk to the Lufthansa Airport Bus stop at "Schwabing Nord" so if you're travelling to the airport use the bus it is fast and cheap. There are also a few shops within walking distance.

Not a lot I can say about my room experience except that it was quiet, clean, good TV and other facilities, and very important to me a comfortable bed.

All in all an enjoyable stay which unfortunately crashed and burned at the last moment. I was keeping an eye on the clock as I had to get to a meeting, but the line of people to checkout looked quite long and not moving so fast. I decided to checkout first and if I still had time I would also have breakfast. I was lucky though - the checkout staff were friendly and efficient and I got checked out more quickly than I expected.

Great, I went to the restaurant to get breakfast and the guy asked for my room number, but as I had already checked out I had vanished from his computer and I no longer existed. I showed him my receipt for "room and breakfast" printed 45 seconds earlier but he was not interested. He wanted me to sign a billing slip for 26 Euros and we argued about it for several minutes. Eventually I told him to forget about it and walked away but he came after me and told me he had changed his mind, I could go into the restaurant.

I did not feel like eating after that so just had a coffee. Incidentally their breakfast buffet looks very average, nothing to write home about, and surely in a 26-Euro breakfast you should at least not have to get your own coffee from their vending machine!

So don't make the same mistake - ensure that you get breakfast before checking out, not the other way around.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ultrak3wl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,267)

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed in this hotel with friends and found the accommodations great. The room was clean, the staff friendly and helpful. The location was a short walk from the underground. On Saturday mornings there was a small farmers market with fresh fruits veggies and bread. There is also a bakery and grocery store one block from the hotel, so finding a snack is convenient. The breakfast was great, lots of variety. Would highly recommend. If you are looking for a close hotel to marienplatz, this is too far to walk. The underground is quick and efficient.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Munich Airport Marriott entire staff treated me with the courtesy and attention you expect from a fine hotel. The service and food was excellent and the atmosphere was friendly with all members of staff making me feel very welcome at all times. A special 'Thank you' to Nadine Nutzmann for your true professionalism and great conversation.

Lewis Durham
Platinum Member

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was concerned about staying here based on another reviewer's description of the length of walk to the subway. He must have gotten lost, it takes no more than five minutes to get to subway and about 7 or 8 minutes on the subway to get to all the touristy areas. the great thing is that it is a very quiet area where you can get away from the crowds.

Our experience in this hotel has been excellent. Friendly staff, very fast internet, good food. Nothing bad. Very good benefits for Marriott gold members.
Would definitely stay here again. Comfortable room with effective air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at the Munich Marriott over the weekend. Check in was quick and painless and I was given a queen size bed. The room was clean and comfortable and right on with Marriott standards. Wifi was fast and reliable - which is an absolute plus. Finally the breakfast was large and filling (and complimentary)! I would stay here again, easy.

2 negatives: 1. There are no easy access power outlets near the bed. This isnt a deal breaker for me, but definitely annoying. 2. The hotel isnt in the middle of the action - but isnt far from public transport.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were very surprised at the how quiet the area was - as it was close to the high way!
Friendly Staff always made time to talk or give advice. Had lovely room, clean, spacious. Breakfast very busy on 1 day but staff stayed friendly and did a great job.
Pool in the spa a little on the shallow side I'd say, otherwise a super extra offered to all guests in the hotel.
Walking distance to subway which got you around the whole city. Just make sure u hop on and off at the right place!

Room Tip: If u are a NON Smoker keep away from the front of the hotel as all smokers stand at the front of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Spent three nights in this nicely renovated hotel, everything was up to expectations except getting a cup if coffee at the buffet. Staff, some even caring craves, would walk by our table and never offer the first cup much less a refill. I had to go to the wait station with my empty cup and beg a cup, outrageous. I have been staying at this property for over ten years, and other than this poor service, have never had an issue.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family