“Good hotel for families”

Holiday Inn Munich-South
Ranked #160 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Schwetzingen, Germany
“Good hotel for families”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

we stayed there in july for a family celebration south of munich. it was convenient, we had a room with king bed and a sleep sofa. breakfast was perfect for the price, too. we recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Munich-South this weekend. It was great! The staff was friendly and professional. Check-in and check-out were very easy, and they let us leave our bags there so we could go sightseeing on Sunday and not have to haul them along. The proximity to the U-Bahn is wonderful. It's a quick five-minute walk and very convenient. There is a McDonalds and Real close by to the hotel, which is also convenient if you want to stop over and get some snacks to take along while exploring Munich. The pool is a bit small, but still served our family well. We liked that they have a sauna AND a steam bath, which makes it easy to relax after a long day sightseeing. Our rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable--and we were pleasantly surprised to have balcony rooms that overlooked the garden area and small pond. The breakfasts were very nice and on Saturday night, we had dinner at their restaurant. Again, it was very good--and best of all, kids eat free!

So, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay while in Munich--and you don't mind being out of the downtown area, away from the tourist crowd--then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: If you want the best room, book in advance and become a Priority Club Member.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 17 November 2010

One of the worst Holiday inn I was visiting in my life. The surranding is nothing special far from the center. I choos it because of swimming pool but it is really so smal just for two person. The building is quiete old and not refreshed recently. Mini bar offers 5 or 6 items. I will not recomend this hotel

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Makka_mca

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Birmingham, England
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Considering the Oktoberfest was on, we did well to find this hotel in Southern Munich. It is in fact very close to a U-Bahn sation and it took only about 20 minutes to get into the Marienplatz. (The U-Bahn was very crowded due to the festival.) The hotel itself was perfectly acceptable, with reasonably sized rooms and a good breakfast. (though we had to pay an extra 19 euros for this).There is a car park, but you have to pay by the hour. For a day's parking it costs about 13 euros.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rosamunde
Rome
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I did the checkout at noon and discovered to have left my coat within the wardrobe about 4pm. I come back to the front desk and they told me, after a double check, that nothing was in my room. Someone from the housekeepers stole my coat and the front desk clerk refuses to provide any help. He told me they had no insurance and he tried to convince it was my fault. I insisted to say that it was not my fault if their staff are thieves. This is something happened to me for the first time in my 10-years of experience as a frequent traveller. Another girl from front-desk insisted to say that probably I left my coat somewhere. I was 100% sure I left it into the wardrobe. It was very unpleasant ant the front desk clerks were not collaborative. They were insulting.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank pdiedome
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 5 October 2010

The triple occupancy room was extremely overcrowded to the point of being a fire hazard. The front desk gave conflicting information and not very helpful. Our room was not cleaned but once during a 4 day stay even after asking the front desk to be sure our room was cleaned. After submitting a complaint, I was essentially called a liar by the hotel manager, Eric Mueller who stated our room was cleaned every day but one, that the front desk wouldn't make a mistake, and that our room met fire codes.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlie2holski
London
Reviewed 1 October 2010

From the street the hotel looks a bit 1970s and faded (apart from the new Holiday Inn re brand signs). To be honest the rooms are a little smaller than usual and again a little faded - but that said for a business traveller wanting somewhere to sleep that is no issue.

The hotel scores on the quality of the staff - friendly helpful receptionists, friendly and attentive bar staff who welcomed their regulars and made new visitors welcome and comfortable and a very professional breakfast team who ensured I had a pot of tea on my table without asking (except the first morning).

The hotel is cheaper than the Holiday Inn in the city centre, the staff are much better and the breakfast is hot every day. Stay there and don't be put off by the walk - its only 5 minutes from the U Bahn.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business