My sister and I just returned from Munich where we stayed at the Holiday Inn - City Centre for 3 nights. This was my 3rd time staying at this hotel and everything was as I remembered.
1) The location is perfect. It's easy to find and you don't need to leave the underground. This is a plus if the weather is bad upon arrival. Also, it's close to Marienplatz - about an 8 minute walk.
2) Check-in was quick and easy..... not to mention, they allowed us to check-in early. Our flight from the US arrive din Munich an hour early. We arrived at the hotel around 820am. We were in our room and resting by 840am.
3) Our room was clean - sheets were fresh and towels were stocked. The ONLY negative about the room was that it was a smoking room. The smell was not overbearing, but you could smell the remains of second-hand smoke.
4) We did not have any disturbances from loud Oktoberfest partiers. I was pleasantly surprised that we were not awakened in the middle of the night by people who had been drinking.
5) We did not eat or drink at the hotel so I cannot comment on food quality or prices.
Overall, I give this hotel a 'very good.' What would make it better? Free WiFi throughout the building. Not sure why free WiFi is not standard in hotels in 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre! Just over a quarter mile from the Deutsches Museum, this hotel in Munich offers comfortable rooms. The S-Bahn Station 'Rosenheimer Platz'is only 55 yards away, just 2 stops from the 'Marienplatz'.Located in a shopping complex, the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre has air-conditioned rooms with comfortable beds, pillow menu, a spacious desk, free Internet, satellite TV, minibar and and tea/coffee facilities. Please be aware that we are a non-Smoking Hotel! Bavarian and international specialties are served in Restaurant Grat³. Snacks and cocktails are available in the newly renovated open lobby. The front desk is open 24 hours a day. Computers in the business Center in the lobby provide free internet access.Covered parking spaces are available in the public garage in the same building complex(against extra charge. The Munich Central Station can be reached in 10 minutes by S-Bahn, Munich's Airport (Josef-Strauss Airport)in less than 40 minutes. Important Information: Our pool is closed until further notice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre Hotel Munich
- Munich Holiday Inn