“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #71 of 381 Hotels in Munich
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were in Munich for 5 days and we couldn't have asked for a better location. Its close to two supermarkets. There is an underground walkway from hotel to the nearest train station. Restaurants/Laundry are within 300 meters from the hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Priyanka,
Thank you for your lovely feedback with useful tips for our future guests. It is our pleasure to be your host. I hope you had a great time in the city. Look forward to your next visit with greater enthusiasm.
Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mainz, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have been in Munich only for a WE to visit friends and I stayed at Holiday Inn only one night.
I don't have any experience with other hotels in Munich, therefore I cannot judge on its price/quality. I found a bit disappointing that you need to pay additionally for the parking but at least coming with the car the hotel is really easy to be reached.
The location is really good because it's located near to the city centre but far enough that you can sleep a quiet night!
I didn't had the breakfast but at the reception they have been so nice that I got a free espresso in the morning (that was really good!). Not time to test the SPA, so I cannot judge.

I would recommend it, if you don't know where to stay and you need a hotel for a couple of nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank tt0473
Dear tt0473,
Thank you for your candid feedback. Like you mentioned our location is central and is well connected with the public transport. The adjacent garage is a public garage and the tarrif is regulated independently by the owner. I am pleased to know that it worked out for you. The indoor swimming pool and our large breakfast buffet is liked by most of our guests. I would recommend trying it next time.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you with added enthusaism next time you visit us.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Was there on business. hotel has a central location and is easily accessible.
Rooms were very good, clean and spacious and the service was way higher than average.
would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Shadz1976,

Many thanks for your lovely feedback and further recommendation. It is our pleasure to be at your service. Look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights here for the first time and would definitely choose this hotel again. The location is great, not far from the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station, so it's an easy journey from the airport (S8, with no change of trains, about 10 euros) and and easy journey to other parts of the city. My first day I purchased an all day ticket for about 11 euros and took myself to Marienplatz to get oriented. Check-in at the hotel was quick and efficient and they had a room ahead of the usual 3pm check in time. Wireless internet and breakfast were included in the room price. The breakfast buffet was enormous and covered anything one might want, from cereals (even had a soy milk and gluten free option) to meats and fruits, and to hot items, and a guy to cook eggs to order, The breakfast area got quite busy with tour groups and conference attendees but the waitstaff had tables cleared promptly and buffet items were replaced quickly. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet, so sleep was great. I did not have any other meals at the hotel. There is direct access to the S-Bahn station thru a side door just off the hotel lobby. There are also various stores on the underground level, including a huge grocery store right next to the hotel. The only con I can see in this hotel is that I did not find many restaurants for dinner options really close to the hotel, but one could always take the SBahn back to the center of town. I took train to Marienplatz and then walked back from there to the hotel and there were some restaurant options along the day. The walk is about 20 minutes, not 10 minutes as the hotel website advertises, but still not far.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LexiedogHouston
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear LexiedogHouston,
Thank you for your nice feedback with useful tips for our future guests. I am pleased to read that our central location, adjacent train station and underground market all worked out well for you. I hope you had a great time not only in the hotel but also in the city.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Superb hotel much better than I expected for the location and price. Excellent rooms clean tidy and modern. Was at a football match and the location is fantastic for train to and from airport. I will certainly use this hotel again. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Atholl G
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Atholl G,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is our pleasure to be at your service. Looking forward to welcoming you once again in the days to come.

leamington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had to do 2 reservations (1 day + 2 days) to split the invoice on 2 different cards (personal + professional). This generated lots of issues the hotel seemed to have difficulties to deal with.

After the 1st night.
- in the morning 9am, the internet connection stopped working although we purchased a 24h connection the day before. This was weird but we thought it was a glitch. It prevented us to do some work - but it's life.
- the fridge didn't open (we had put some of our own bottles in there). It was weird too but we didn't pay too much attention to it, and we went out for the day.

When we came back in the evening, the room was locked (with all our luggage in there) and we had to go to the reception before going to bed. The staff was nice and reopened the room without issue.
In the room, there was a letter asking us to go to the reception - but as we just came from there, we figured everything was fine. Internet was still not working, fridge still didn't open.

Next morning, there is another letter at the entrance of the room asking us to go to the reception. We go to the breakfast. We are said that no credit card was entered (although it was entered at day 1 when we arrived), and that breakfast was 25€ per person. This is more expensive than what you get in a 3 or 4 star hotel. I ask twice that if I understand correctly what they say (we never know), but that's how much it is. We are hungry, so we give them our card. Obviously the quality was similar to what you get in any other low-cost hotel - something worth 10-15€ top.

During breakfast, we start realizing what is happening and that there is an actual issue because of the 2 separate reservations. We realize that the internet connection has been stopped by the hotel (it doesn't matter we paid for a 24h-long connection) and that the fridge was locked by the hotel as well.

We go to the reception and ask to resolve the problems. They recognize our conclusions are true, apologize, take the necessary actions. Back in the room, everything is working as expected.

In the evening when we get back to the room, we realize the room is locked again. Back to the reception one last time. They apologize again, and reopen the room.

We happily leave the next morning.

My conclusion :
- I don't understand why everything was not solved once and for all the first time we went to the reception
- the stay was very unpleasant and we had to deal with issues all week-end
- staff was very nice and polite but they only resolved problems one by one as we raised them
- breakfast price is obscene for what you get. I would highly recommend to go somewhere else if you can.

All in all, I am disappointed. Unless I have no choice, I will definitely avoid this particular chain of hotels in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pwohlschl
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear pwohlschl,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I understand your frustration of making multiple trips to the Reception for the things that should have been clarified at the check in. Usually we request all our guests with connecting reservation to sign the diffrent registration cards at check in and also seek their permission to authorize the credit card for each reservation. The key is then coded for rntire stay. However with pre paid reservations, it gets little tricky because then the credit card is not needed unless the guest would like to use extras.

My sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused. I am going to use your feedback for training purpose for a better guest experience in future.

Thank you once again for staying with us. I hope to restore your faith in our amenities and service next time you visit Munich.

Guest relations
Cacak, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nice and pleasant to stay in. Location is fantastic with everything you would want to see walking distance away.
No complaints but no massive praises either. Clean and does the job.
It has a nice bar area. We didn't eat in the restaurant but it looked nice enough walking past. We used the pool which was ok.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Queenie 1979,

Thank you for your nice feedback with tips for our future guests. The breakfast buffet with wide vareity of food choices mostly suits everyone's palate. Please let us know if you would like to reserve breakfast next time and we would be happy to assist you accordingly.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you with added enthusiasm in the days to come.