“Great Stay”

Ranked #76 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Oshkosh, WI
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and my memories of it were that it was a good hotel but nothing special.

My return trip here was a pleasant surprise. In the past two years, they have upgraded the televisions in the rooms (nice flat screen; wide selection of channels). The room was very spacious. The breakfast buffet had numerous, tasty options. From the German-favorites of cold cuts and pickled herring to the breakfast standards including eggs, fruit, and cereal. Also, the fact that the Roseinheimer Platz subway station is connected underground, it made for a very easy location to stay at to get around Munich and to head out of town.

Check-in and check-out was efficient and friendly. The front desk sold postage to the US and mailed a card for me. Finally, the room was very clean.

This will be my first-choice the next time I returned to Munich.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelingBadger00
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear TravelingBadger00,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Like you noticed, the hotel has gone through many upgrades in last couple of years. I am happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised to see them. It is our pleasure to make you feel home away from home.
Thank you for staying with us. Look forward to serving you soon with greater enthusiasm.

Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We hired around 100 rooms for a group attending the ESHRE Congress. We had a difficult start but probably because the hotel was totally full. Apart from my group there were at least three other companies.
The rooms are good. Clean and comfortable, they have free coffee and tea facilities. The toiletteries were not the best, but there is a large supermarket besides the hotel so not a problem. All of my guest had hair dryer and ironing table.
The breakfast was great, it deserves a few words. The coffee is so good, the variety of food is amazing. They have special buffet for lactose free and gluten feee needs.
The reception was helpful, but i have to make a special point about the staff from banqueting who were most helpful and nice,i rented the lobby for my guests and they helped me with my hospitality desk, electricity conections, flipchart, moving the furniture around, etc.
The lobby is large, they have a good bar, a restaurant with a small menu but good enough, excellent icecream.
The reception was a bit small for the size of the hotel, but everything run smoothly and I did not have complaints from my guests. The location is excellent. Its a ten minutes walk to the marienplatz and vituallenmarket, the hotel has a direct entrance to a mall and the sbahn, handy because of the four days of rain.
The train conection to the congress center is good, although because of the mainteinance work of the public transportation system changes the routes during the weekend, and even during the week they just send trains to mainteinance and if you cant comprehend english very well you can actually get locked in a train. But still, works well and you can reach the congress center in 25 min.
In this mall you have the hit supermarket, a couple of german fast food places. Around the hotel there are several restaurants.
Confratulations to the staff of this hotel which i feel is constantly improving by solving every problem that guests may have.
Leila

Room Tip: The best rooms are the upper rooms, as the view to the city is quite lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Leilamoses
HI_Guest_Relation, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Leila,

once again thank you for staying in the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre! It was our pleasure accommodating your group in our hotel and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your appraisal words of our service!

We would be happy to welcome you soon again in Munich!
Best regards,

Franka Henke
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a great base for visiting Munich. Access to Rosenheimerplatz station is steps outside the hotel. There are grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance. We were able to take daytrips in Bolzano IT, Salzburg and Rosenheimer easily. The hotel room is very clean. Our room has a great view of the city center. Breakfast buffet has excellent choice. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who would like to visit Munich on a budget.

Room Tip: Seventh floor has a good view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Tex K,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am pleased to read that our central location worked out well for your day trips within and outside Munich. Thank you once again for staying with us and for recommending us further.
Look forward to welcoming you once again with greater enthusaism in the days to come.

Guest relations
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The room is basic and functional but there is no safe for valuables. My room was located on the 2nd floor, on the side of the building backing onto a loading yard. Lorries started arriving at 5:30am on Monday morning and it was impossible to sleep after that. Definitely don't leave the window open when you go to sleep.

On arrival I found a piece of scrunched up toilet paper behind the dustbin in the bathroom. In the bedroom, when I pulled out the chair to sit down I found the previous occupant had left a pair of smelly socks and a razor blade cover on it. The cleaner had clearly not bothered to move the chair while cleaning the room and so hadn't seen these items. While doing push ups in the room (there is no gym) I noticed crumbs in the floor. I didn't eat in the room so they were clearly also from a previous occupant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharaz G
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Sharaz G,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I have looked into the system and found your room number. Based on that I have also spoken to the housekeeping supervisor for the necessary action. My apologies for the poor experience. I hope this will not prevemt you from choosing us next time. At IHG guest satisfaction is our top priority and therefore we value your feedback.
Thank you once again for staying with us. It is our pleasure to be your host. I look forward to be at your service with enhanced service standards in the days to come.

Guest relations
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Very good service, excellent breakfast, parking available, metro station in front, walking distance not far from downtown. Highly clean, would recommend to anyone to stay there if budget allows. You will enjoy there

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zoltan M
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Zoltan M,

It is our sincere effort to provide all our guests with quality service and comfortable accommodation. Your satisfaction is our primary goal. I am pleased to know that we rose upto your expectations.
Thank you once again for staying with us and for your further recommendation. Hope to be at your service soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3nights. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Arrived early in the morning before our room was ready and we could change change clothes and store our bags while we explored the city. Very good location. My only complaint is that no free wifi was available. Location is right on top of the train that takes you to the airport. Very convenient. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear wynand m,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is our pleasure to be your host. Sometimes with early arrivals , it is challenging to have the rooms ready on a busy day. However I am glad that it all worked out well for you.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again with added enthusiasm in the days to come.

Sutton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The hotel located is not far from the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station, via the underground shopping mall. However, never easy to find the correct exit, and I think I must have used them all during my stay. If in doubt, the Hilton is just across the street and more highly visible. Had a three day pass, so could hop onto any train the two stops to the Marienplatz, twice a day. Since my package included a buffet breakfast, wasn’t put off by the list price. Was a little disappointed not to find a safe in my room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Burl47
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Brian I,
Thank you for taking time and reviewing our hotel. Our central location and adjacent train station is certainly handy for all our guests. When you are at teh train station, please look for the signs for Gasteig. Once you follow the directions to Gasteig, you will find our green H after coming up on the escalators. I hope this info helps you in locating us next time you arrive with the train.
Thank you once again for staying with us. Look forward to welcoming you with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.