Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
US$201
US$183
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Eurostars Book Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$188
US$303
US$251
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$109
2,621 results
All reviewsrosenheimer platzcity centres bahn stationdirect accessdeutsches museumlarge hotelexcellent locationminute walkbusiness triplobby areaconvenient locationmini barper daybreakfast buffetbusiness hotelhotel barduring oktoberfest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We decided to stay here as it was cheaper than the Novotel next door. When we got there it seemed almost identical to the Novotel that we have stayed at. The rooms were a good size and clean. As it was an overnight stop to have a chance to see Munich we were pleased how close it was to the city centre. It took about 15-20 minutes to walk into Marien Platz which was a straight walk from the hotel and across the river. Munich centre was really nice with lots of places to eat.
Car parking for the hotel was convenient with an underground car park directly underneath the hotel with a lift with access into the hotels lobby area. Perfect place to stay to explore Munich - just wish had had a bit longer and it hadn't rained all the time we were there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HI_Guest_Relation, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

we are happy to read that you had a pleasant stay in Munich. Thank you for your honest evaluation!
We wished so but regrettably the weather is not in our hands. For your next trip to Munich however we keep our fingers crossed for a bit of sun. We would be pleased if you chose the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre again for your base while exploring the city!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once you find your way, accessing the S-Bahn through the underground mall is extremely convenient. There is also a tram nearby. The hotel itself is fine--no real character, but we appreciated having 2 double beds for our family. the location is perfect for accessing all of Munich and the airport easily by transit. The Deutsches Museum is an easy walk.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear "wsflyer",

first of all thank you for staying with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging in Munich and we appreciate your including IHG in your travel plans!
Thank you for your candid evaluation. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the central location, close to the S-Bahn and tram station, city centre and the Deutsches Museum.
We would be pleased if you would choose our hotel again for your next city trip to Munich!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is conveniently located on the transport system but only a 10-15 minute walk from MarienPlatz. Greeted as we would expect to be as Platinum Priority Members. The room had a great view over the city.
Our room was clean and we got free wifi.
The pool was big enough to swim in but was VERY cold (and we swim in open water!)
My only gripe was that having dropped our luggage off for the day when we checked out the luggage room was chaotic and we had to go in and find our own bags - had we known this we'd have looked more carefully when they were placed in there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your evaluation. We highly appreciate you taking the effort!
All the more I am happy to read that you had a pleasant and convenient stay in our hotel.
Good to know that you enjoyed the view over the skyline of Munich!
My apologies for the chaotic state of the luggage room. We label all luggage pieces with numbers in order to make the handover easier. I am sorry that nevertheless you felt the pick-up cumbrous.
However I hope that this experience does not prevent you from visiting us again. We would be pleased to welcome you once more!

Greetings from Munich,

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in for a couple of nights. First impression from the room quality is very poor compared to other Holiday Inn hotels we stayed in. The room was smelly and not clean properly, including a smelly bathroom. The rooms are small for a family of four. The hotel location is good.

HI_Guest_Relation, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Dror G.,

thank you for your evaluation!
I am sorry to read that you felt unwell because of a smell in your room. Please would you be so kind and let me know your room number so that I can arrange further investigations. It is our honest ambition to provide all our guests with best service and accommodation!

franka.henke@muchb.holidayinn.com

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is situated in a very convenient place for a tourist. 15mn walk to the metro station and Marien platz. Deutsche Museums is also 10mn walk from the hotel.

The rooms are ok, clean but isolation is very weak. During 2 nights i had difficulties to sleep because of noisy neighbours on the floor above after midnight! I called the reception staff the 2nd night and apparently it worked but just reduced their noise... I could still hear people cracking jokes from time to time at 2am In addition to this, my roon had a connecting door with another one and luckily the neighbours were quiet but i could hear some TV noise...

The reception staff took so much time to process my checkout and come with a final bill. He was freshly recruited or a trainee. A mentor should be with him on his first steps. It is not for the customer to wait more than 15mn to get his bill. Also, i had 2 separate bookings which i have informed the reception about at check-in but i was called the last day of my first booking by a man asking me about the exact time i am leaving my room... (?) I was obliged to explain the same story again: no excuse, just acknowledgement of the fact. The feeling of being one of hundreds of customers waiting is a feeeling that you could get while at reception desk...

One thing which amazed me is that i think that the tv channel list in this hotel is one of the largest ever i saw in a hotel... Nice if you want to still watch your local tv channels while in Munich.

The bar maid (lady) was very welcoming and efficient. Housekeeping is ok.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Khalid E.,

first of all we cordially thank you for your detailed report and evaluation of your stay in our hotel. It is the feedback of our guests that help us to improve our service permanently!
I am sorry to read that you were disrupted by your room neighbours making noise during the night. Certainly we try to admonish them by reminding them of other guests wanting to sleep, but it is sometimes challenging to reconcile all guest
My apologies for the waiting time at the reception. I will forward your comment to our Front Office Manager so she can take the neccessary steps. Thank you for your appraisal words about our bar maid. I am happy to share your feedback!

Dear Khalid, we would be very pleased if you allow us the opportunity to welcome you again in the days to come! It would be great to be your host in Munich once more!