“Fit my need”

Ranked #139 of 382 Hotels in Munich
South Riding, Virginia
“Fit my need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Basic, clean...and a great location. This hotel was a great value for my solo sight-seeing needs. Only a couple of minute walk to the train station...and a nice walk (10 minutes) to the heart of Munich. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank thejeffpe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were a group of 3 friends who spent 3 nights at this hotel. Location was perfect being a short walk from the Haupbahnhof station and minutes from the centre of Munich and the main sights. We found the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and around the hotel were lots of local bars, cafes and shops. We were late risers so we used the Pipasa restaurant for breakfast which was good value and had lots of locals patronising it. The local café/bar Millenium was great for cheap food and drinks and was open till 2am. the area felt very safe though the ladies form the local table dancing establishments after 11pm could be a pain for some visitors as they banged on the windows as you passed by. Overall we would recommend the hotel for others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lacey1949uk
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Me and my colleagues stayed here end of 2012. The hotel is in a great location, very easy to get to from the station and good choice of restaurants around. It doesn't look much from the outside, but inside looks very nice. Will stay again if visiting Munich.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank craigspencer1980
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed at the Royal Hotel in Munich for 5 nights at the end of October 2013. We were very happy with the hotel. While the location seems a bit seedy, Munich is a VERY safe city and we never had any issue with anyone near the hotel. The hotel is a very quick walk (less than 5 minutes) from the central train station, which makes it very convenient. It is also a quick walk (less than 15 minutes) from the Glockenspiel and the main part of the center of the city.

The rooms were updated and very clean. We had a double bed, that I was pleasantly surprised with. My experience in hotels in Europe is that to make a double bed, they push 2 singles together. That was not the case with our room. Also, the mattress was much thicker and more comfortable than I expected.

Our room was on the top floor, so the only issue we had was that the lift did not go up to the top floor, and we had to walk up a few stairs to get to our room. Not a big issue normally, but a little difficult during check-in and check-out when we had to take our heavy suitcases with us.

Our room was facing the street. When the windows were open, there was definitely "typical" street noise, but nothing out of the ordinary. However, I was very impressed of how well insulated the windows were. When they were closed, the street noise was not noticeable at all.

The hotel served breakfast every morning that was very good. It had some American selections - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage - as well as more typical European breakfast foods like meats, cheeses, salads, etc.

All in all I really liked the location of the hotel and the quality for the price was very good.

Room Tip: If you don't want to do any steps, make sure you don't get a room on the top floor. The lif...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CMRieck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Well, it wasn't that much of a surprise of course, I had read and seen many reviews about this hotel before actually booking a room. I knew I wouldn't go wrong. I stayed for three (3) nights at this hotel and I was very satisfied with it. My room was very clean and although basic, it had everything that I needed. It was very comfortable.

Staff was warm and friendly, definitely a plus point for this hotel. Breakfast was great! Location was just perfect - a mere 5 minutes walk to Hauptbahnof (Main Station in Munich).

My only gripe - if I have to think of one - would be the fact that the lobby/reception isn't on the ground floor. But, who cares :) I would be back, surely.

Room Tip: As the hotel is located right smack in the city (so near to the Main Train Station, no less!), some...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This Hotel was very basic as i traveled on my own i had a single room with en-suite and was my first time in Munich.
There was no elevator in the building and i was on the forth floor,The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful they directed me to see places in Munich they were great.
The room was a single bed shower and toilet very clean and changed and serviced everyday, I loved the location very close to the main train station and main mall and all transport.
I enjoyed my 3 night there as it was the start of my trip and a big thank you to the staff at the service desk.
There was no air con but they told me they were looking at installing it soon I was supplied with a fan. helpfull

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. it's clean, simple , located near the main station and serves good breakfast...few things: try to get a room on the higher floors and since the hotel does not have air-con the rooms tend to get hot during summer months and to make the room cool one has to open windows. little traffic noice comes in when windows are opened. we stayed at this hotel during september, opened the windows during day time so that rooms get cooled and closed them at night..for night we got a pedestal fan...apart from this washrooms r clean, beds are comfortable, will definetly stay at this hotel again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends