Hotel Royal
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Platzl Hotel(Munich)
US$294
US$197
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main train stationstreet noisesingle roomstrip clubfree wifired light districtconvenient locationroom faced the streetno air conditioningtop floorcoffee machineminute walkcold meatsmunich hbfbudget hotelyogurtcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is located very close to the train station and within walking distance of Marienplatz. The room was nice, clean and modern. Nothing to argue in that regards.

However do keep an eye on the floor level your given room is. The lift only works only up to the 6th floor, hence if you get a room on the 7th floor like mine, well then you have to do the last floor the old way... lifting the luggages. Not a big deal but some persons might dislike this option

I did not take breakfast at the hotel as I had to leave really early everyday but there are plenty of food options in the main train station.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Clint S
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Nice location, close to the train station and old town. Everything is basic yet the room is comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. The neighborhood is not really good that it could be noisy at nights,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Giving credit, I picked this hotel because of Rick Steves calling it the best value in its price range. And that is why I do not downgrade them because of no air conditioning...(with business class hotels where a travelor expects air conditioning, no air conditioning gets you a one or two star review, from me). This hotel nets a five star review from me, because they exceeded my expectations.

With a Rick Steves "best value" recommendation, one does not expect air conditioning, especially, when that is explicit. They exceeded my expectations at the outset by finding my mother and me side by side rooms almost coincident with our arrival, despite our arrival before noon. They exceeded my expectations with the quality of the breakfast included with the rate we paid. Comfort wise, everything worked as expected, cleanliness in all areas was immaculate, and their in-room price for bottled water was less than you could buy it at a bodega down the street--making me feel so inadequate ( :-) that is a joke, I pride myself in buying water at the bodegas to save half a euro).

I tried to take representative photos. Expect your basic hotel with excellent service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kerwin G
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is only a short walk away from the main station which is very ideal for those traveling around Munich. The double/twin room was spacious and clean, and comes with an electric fan just in case. Wi-Fi in the room is fast. The hotel has an internet station near the reception area where you can surf and print your itineraries for free. They also have in-house umbrellas that you can borrow for free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I arrived off an overnight train, and few minutes walk brought us to this perfectly situated hotel. Our room wasn't ready so early in the morning, but were invited to leave our luggage while we went out, and were already given the wifi codes. Though train station neighbourhoods are traditionally a bit dodgy, we felt perfectly safe here, both during the day and night. The room and bathroom was spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful, varied, and delicious.

Room Tip: Corner suites away from street are bigger and quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple