“Great hotel in Munich”
Review of Hahn Hotel

Hahn Hotel
Ranked #213 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I had read good reviews of this hotel and they are correct. The location is great. Take the tram # 18 or 19 from the Hauptbahnhof to the Trappentruerstrasse stop and walk a half block on Landsbergerstrasse. The reception is open24 hours and both people who staffed it during our stay spoke perfect English. We had a larger room (#46) but the bathroom is small. There is an elevator but a few steps after that. The room was away from the street and quiet. We did not eat breakfast but had coffee and croissants at a coffee shops near the tram stop.. The web site is www.hotel-hahn.de

Room Tip: Room #46 is large and could accommodate 3 people. The beds are typical German so are a bit short for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hahn Hotel

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Munich is a great city to visit for a long weekend. The Hahn Hotel is out of the tourist/center city, but is right on a tram line that connects you to everything in the city.
The hotel is quaint... the rooms are a good size, the bathroom was large, everything was clean.
The owner and his staff were very helpful from the moment we arrived. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Travel tip... a taxi from the airport is over 60 euros. Look into taking the train, and it stops ve...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

It was my first time in Munich and I was looking for something budget with good location.

The hotel is excellent Rustic Bavarian hotel. I felt him during my stay. I guess the hotel is family managed. Breakfast was lovely.

The bed size was small for me but I had quite sleep! Free Wi-Fi!

Proper value for money!

Room Tip: Rooms with front view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mohi_Khater
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Initially found Hotel Hahn on the Internet 10+ yrs. ago. We have bring bringing student groups (12-20) annually since then for our week in Bavaria. Perfectly located close to transportation. Hahn family is very welcoming and staff meets our every need. With renovation of bar area and beer now served from the tap, it is a perfect place to hang out after dinner out. Having new grocery within 2 blocks is now an added bonus! We will make next year's reservation before we leave tomorrow!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Have stayed here twice, both on business. Really good location for seeing the sights of central Munich but fairly straightforward journey to Exhbition Halls. Single rooms are small and decor in both bedroom and bathroom not to everyone's taste but at least it's authentic! Beds are comfortable, ask for a room facing the courtyard/parking area to be sure of a quiet night. Staff are great - night manager is from Translyvania, which was a first for me. Utterly charming. Great breakfasts.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Currently typing this whilst staying in the hotel for business. Recommended by a local colleague I wanted somewhere different to the usual chains. The other reviews here have probably picked up on everything but I wanted to add my view.

The hotel is indeed very laid back and the staff friendly and helpful. With the recent snow in England as well as here, my flight was nearly three hours late so I didn't arrive at the hotel 'till around midnight. Despite the late hour the night receptionist sorted me a cup of coffee to warm me up, and although they had no food as such available until breakfast, managed to sort me out some peanuts and pretzel biscuits to keep me going. He was even kind enough to give me a piece of cake that he had been left to have whilst on duty! When booking I decided that for a change I would take some time off after the business and my wife and daughter are flying out on Thursday to join me. This was no problem for the hotel and they have just made a small increase in the cost for the additional nights and occupancy and we will be moved to the triple room opposite the one I am in currently, which is exactly like (and may be the one) shown on the hotel's website. The rooms as others have commented aren't huge but are clean and warm especially given the snow and ice outside.

Breakfast is buffet style with in addition, a choice of boiled eggs or fried or scrambled eggs with cut up bacon or ham in supplied from the kitchen. Meats, cheeses, breads, juices, cereals, cakes, the list goes on. Coffee from the kitchen or a tray of every kind of tea bag you can think of. Free wifi too.

Would I come back? Yep.

I'd also recommend the Augustiner Bräustuber restaurant up the road. Again recommended by the same colleague. Great Bavarian food (and beer) and cheap prices too.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gyrothex
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Absolutely no complaints about the Hahn Hotel.
Very clean, nice traditional Bavarian theme, small rooms but dooing research, was aware of that anyway. It was -7 to -10 when we were there in early December, and barely needed the heating as the room was so warm. Breakfast acceptable, and like the whole hotel, very chilled and not rushed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and spoke great English. A drink in the bar was nice on our last night, and also reasonably priced
Finally a great location, fantastic public transport very close by, and for us an acceptable 30 minute walk to the town centre.
If you get a ngood price, and you just want a nice clean base and nothing flash, you won't be dissappointed at the Hahn.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple