“It's Fantastic”
Review of Ambiente Hotel

Ambiente Hotel
Ranked #173 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lets start by addressing the street: ITS NOT THAT BAD. People are making it out to be a horrible Ghetto... NO. There is ONE casino and ONE strip club about a 1/8 of a mile away. It is a busy street but I am a 22 year old female and I do not feel the slightest bit unsafe. That being said I have seen plenty of little old ladies walking their way down the street with no problem.... One guy even went out of his way to get a door for her.
Next: The hotel itself is very clean and kept together. The rooms are small in comparason to American rooms but I expected this. There is room cleaning everyday by a woman who doesn't speak much English but she gets the job done and if you need anything she is very paitent with trying to understand.
The hotel staff is great very kind and polite. Pablo is my favorite he has been very helpful to us in suggesting non-tourist places to eat and see while in Munich. They are open 24 hours a day and are very kind. I went down about 3 am on a sunday because I was sick and needed to know if any pharmacies would be open. The guy who was at the counter told me how to find out and then this evening when I saw him he checked on me to make sure I was feeling better.
The breakfast is amazing and my favorite part. Although it is the same everyday there is enough of a variety to have multiple choices. There are meats, chesses, scrambled eggs, sausage, soft and hard boiled eggs, seven types of cereal, about 10 types of breads and rolls, two types of yogurts, fruits, jellys and jams, milk, water and three types of juices. They keep refilling everything so there is never a shortage. They also offer you fresh coffee and tea. It is buffet style where you go and get your food then they come to the table and take it when you are done. We have never felt rushed out of the breakfast room and they let us take some fruit to go ( we have only ever taken one piece per person).
We also stayed at the back of the hotel (as I requested in my reservation), there were no noises that we heard and we slept well through the night.
You pay at the end of your stay so make sure to have enough money for that. It has been great and although people told me the street was shady, I am glad I didnt change hotels... Because nothing could be further from the truth.

Room Tip: Get one at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DuckieXD
There are newer reviews for Ambiente Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

The place of hotel is very close to central station but this was the biggest mistake I guess.. Even you are so close to centre, the street the hotel belongs to , shows you are doing a big mistake.. The peoples around the hotel are not safe, there are night clubs and casinos around.. I feel really uncomfortable.. On our last night , we were so tired that we look somewhere close to hotel.. We sit to the local sports bar in the street and they brought us frozen foods which we couldnt even eat but forced to pay.. The hotel rooms are quite big though but the doors are not safe.. They are very old-kind doors which are manuel.. When you lock your door, there is another door without any locks on it...The breakfast was fair-enough but nothing above stardard.. The best thing is the Wi-fi in hotel.. I think if we had choose somewhere in the centre, we would enjoy our trip more..we could have found better options with the price we paid this hotel!!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel Ambiente is a 5 min walk from the Hbf which provides easy access to intercity and local transit. Marienplatz is an easy 15 min walk. The area has many snackbars, cafes and Doner Kabab imbisses. It is a bit seedy, but we felt totally safe. We had a nice quiet room facing the landscaped courtyard. The room was spacious, fairly updated and clean with a great bathtub and plenty of hot water. All the staff were very friendly and made you feel at home. The breakfast room was pleasant and the food, outstanding with all your fav. breads, rolls, cheeses, meats, egg, bacon, yogurt and cereal. Even prosciutto! The coffee was great. There is no AC so the hotel might get a bit stuffy in warm weather, but each room had a fan. I would definitely staff here again upon return to wonderful Munich. Try the Bayerne Card which allows you and your partner an inexpensive day ticket for under 30 Euros to anywhere in Bavaria, including Salzburg, Austria.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan S
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The location is perfect. It is very close to Munich HBF. The reception staff is very nice and friendly. She lets us drop our luggage a day before the check-in date since we would like to stay in Fussen for a night...very convenient if you want to take an overnight trip out of the city. The room is ok, not the modern one but works out ok. My only complain is that the bathroom did smell a little bit but not too bad. Overall, it is a good value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Noon S
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Hotel Ambiente has 30 rooms, situated in proximity of Munich HBF. The side streets of the central stations are in most major cities peculiar with striptease parlours, gaming clubs, pizzerias and kebab stands. The location is safe, so nothing to worry.
The reception is open 24 hours. The employees are friendly and helpful. The elevator to the rooms is really small, hardly fits two persons. The single room on the 3rd floor was freshly renovated and clean. The offered comfort is sufficient, except the pillow was much too thin for my liking. I could not find anythng else wrong about my stay. The bathroom is equipped with a bath tube instead of the usual shower cabin. All was perfectly clean. Internet access is free and fast.
The breakfast room is well appointed. The breakfast itself generous and of good quality. The Stachus square and the pedestrian area of the city centre can be reached within 10-minute walk
The Hotel Ambiente is a unpretentious hotel offering a clean room with excellent breakfast at a very competitive price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Booked on the net not knowing what to expect. Never checked trip advisor. It exceeded all my expectations. Big room, big bed and also big bathroom. Ample wardrobe space. Also very quiet. Staff very polite and helpful. Breakfast was a delight. Would go there anytime again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Angie K
Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you are looking for somewhere has a base to explore Munich and at a reasonable price, give this a try.
Location:- I know we all differ in our requirements and expectations but we wanted somewhere close to the Hauptbahnhof, can easily get to the usual tourist sites in the city and on a well lit street not too deserted. This ticked all the boxes. Other reviews have mentioned the area around the Train Station and I do see what they mean but we never felt uneasy in any way. The walk to the hotel takes 5 mins from stepping off the train. Out the main front doors, take a right, past the Tourist Information Centre. Walk to crossroad on your left and cross. The street going off to the right, down the side of C&A store (yes! still have them in Germany) is where the hotel is and is about 200 yards on the right. There is a turning to the left just opposite the Hotel which gives a better outlook from the front rooms. There is a decent typical german bar/restaurant on the road opposite, the right hand side 300 yards down which is good for a nightcap also and even the little Vietnam/Thai restaurant, next door but one, isn't too bad either.

Rooms:- This again is down to the individual's expectations. The room was clean, large with a good sized modern wardrobe which had lots of hangars (not too common in many 3 star hotels we have used). The double bed we have was a bit on the hard side for me and we had seperate quilts which I liked ( the wife couldn't get at that one. He he). We like a cool room so we had the temp gauge set low and was fine. Bathroom was good. Shower over bath so choice of soak at night and/or showers in morning and worked fine. Had the shower gel containers on wall which were good. TV was a flat screen only had Bloomberg which we could understand but had news on if you like to keep up to date otherwise just found a channel with music on to have has background. We requested, and were given, a room at the back because other reviewers mentioned street noise at the front. Undisturbed sleep for us and we talked to a couple who had a front room and they had no problems ( I think during Octoberfest, it might have been more noisy). No safe in room and had to use the security boxes at reception which was a minor inconvenience because we carried most of valuables with us, just put the iPad in whilst we were out being tourists.

Internet WiFi :- excellent in the room, reception and dining room. I logged on to a few wireless hotspots with the same password even from my room I could pick up three zones. By connecting to many over the hotel my phone found at least one good one wherever I was in the hotel. I used it a lot for checking emails and looking at reviews on Munich sites, Google maps etc etc, even could hold telephone conversation using my BTSmartalk App(VOIP) The speeds were very good too. I have been to 4/5 star hotels which are put to shame by this and it's all included in price along with breakfast.

Breakfast :-This was fine. Typical continental choice and had scrambled egg, gorgeous little sausages but not so nice bacon and great selection of breads and juices

The gentleman on reception was a happy and polite man, the lady in the evening was not so forthcoming with the smiles but did a great job too

So if you are looking for a decent 3 star hotel and arrive from airport by train and are not expecting 5 star facilities for 3 star prices this is a good choice. Don't be put off by location, we are both around the 60 year mark and are more at ease here than in UK sometimes.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple