The hotel is located close to the Munich Hbf train station so is good if you are coming to Munich by train late or using the train alot. Its on a street with a number of other hotels and hostels - theres heaps around the station. There's a Lidl supermarket at the end of the street and another nicer one (Rewe) also close by.
We had booked directly with the hotel a room with two queen beds and had been assured that securing a quiet room away from the street (see other reviewers comments) would not be an issue. On arrival we were given a room which faced the street and was directly opposite renovation/demolition work (with those plastic bucket slides leading to big metal skip bins on the street). We were then offered a similarly positioned room on the smoking floor. Only after further discussion were we offered a room with a king bed overlooking the courtyard which we grabbed. This room was reasonably quiet though may have been near the cleaners supply room as there was a fair amount of noise from 7.30am onwards.
Rooms were a good size, beds comfy, blackout curtains ensured it was super dark, water pressure and shower were great. Decor was a bit boogie nightsish. Minibar was free (beer, juice, champagne and pretzels) which was a nice touch.
Breakfast was included in the rate and there was a good selection of foods offered (yoghurts, cereals, breads, eggs, some hot foods, juices, and various potted teas, coffee and hot chocolate.
While its convenient to the station and if you have a room overlooking the courtyard it OK, we'd stay somewhere next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel München City Center is located just 109 yards from the main train station. Relax in our comfortable surroundings: All 167 spacious rooms are air-conditioned and have WIFI. Our CBH-certified hotel boasts five meeting rooms for up to 70 people. The hotel is situated close to the train station, which is also beneficial for air travel, and the airport is a 45-minute drive away via the S8 highway. The A9 highway will bring you to the hotel, where you can park in the public garage.Our Standard Rooms are equipped with modern LCD TVs offering 100 international channels (including Sky Cinema and Sky Sports), a high-quality bed, comfortable seating, a functional desk space with WIFI, a free minibar and a kettle.Superior Rooms with approx. 323 sq. ft (30 sq. m), our Superior Rooms offer even more room for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Munich
- Mercure Hotel Munich
- Mercure Muenchen City Center