“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The first sight of the hotel from outside gives you a wrong impression. But once inside it is full of life. The front office staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The bar lounge next to the reception is full of people. The location can never be any better. It is in a quiet neighborhood but the U station is just about five minutes walk. The Oktoberfest ground is close by and the hotel must be doing very well around the festival time late Sept through first Sunday of October every year. We did not have any food during our stay of three nights in the hotel, hence cannot make any comment. But, one problem that we faced time and again was the lift. The hotel has just one very small lift which can at best accommodate five people close to the reception the other one being too far away for comfort. Where am I going to stay next in case I make another visit to Munich? Obviously, here at Four Points because of friendly attitude of people at the front office.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the rooms facing the residential buildings and Oktoberfest ground on the 5th floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bablu05
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your postive comments especially about the friendly attitude of my team. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The location is truly the best if you want to visit the Oktoberfest.

My apologies that you were not satisfied with the hotellift. For your next visit I suggest to use as well our a second elevator located at the back of the Lobby bar.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Oliver W. Schäfer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Got a nice discount promotion price for this Hotel in July. Stayed for 4 nights in july. The location is awesome, only 5 min walking from a subway station and 15 min walking from the train station. Staff is very helpful. The only downside I would say is that they don't have free internet in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Rodrigo F,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is true, that at present we charge for the internet in guest rooms, however we offer free Wifi in the Hotel Lobby as well as 2 free Internet Terminals.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I very happy to find a remodeled Four Points in Munich when I arrived. It has been many years since I stayed here. The hotel is modern, with all the right features guests need. It is extremely clean. The bar area is inviting. The breakfast area is just right. The staff is very friendly and willing to help at all times. My friends and I arrived at the hotel soaking wet. We had to walk in the rain from the U stop to the hotel. The front desk staff was so kind to us; took our bags to our rooms; and gave us each a free drink voucher so we can "relax" before freshening up. I will stay here again on my next trip to Munchen!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Stephen D,

first of all the service, friendliness of the team and the our updated property.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel is quite modern and very clean, the staff were friendly and courteous. We never ate in the hotel so we can not comment on the food. The rooms were comfortable, fitted with a (minibar style) fridge, safe and iron/ironing board. The wi-Fi in the lobby area was quite fast and free which was a bonus.

The area the hotel is in what looks to be like a suburb of Munich, but with a U-Bhan station just a five minuets walk (Theresienwiese) away it is very accessible for exploring Munich city. Also the area which the hotel is in is very close to the arena where the Ocktober festival is situated.

If you come out of the hotel and turn left there is many (what seem to be) local bars and restaurants which were friendly and pleasant to sit and watch the world go by on a relaxed evening. Also there is the Agunstiner brewery with a very lively beer garden just a 15 minute walk from the hotel, this beer garden served very good Bavarian cuisine.

I would recommend this hotel for young and old couples who are looking a relaxing city break, and would recommend Munich as a city for all. Some of the highlights of the city for me where the English garden and some of the city's museums/art gallery's.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comments. I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Especially I would like to thank you about your detailed feedback which will help future guests plan their stay in Munich.

I am looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were warmly greeted by Juliana who helped us check in. Another member of the staff helped us arrange a taxi for a ride to the Hofbrau Haus for dinner. When we returned from dinner, we decided to relax at the contemporary bar for a few minutes. The manager, Anina came buy and spent several minutes with us making us feel welcome. The staff at this hotel work very well together and do an excellent job of making your stay an enjoyable one. I'll definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I am happy that Juliana, Anina and the rest of the team made the difference and that you felt welcome.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed here with my kids for a couple of nights recently and would stay here again. We were looking for a room that was near enough to the train station without being either a) a dive or b) overly expensive and this fit the bill. We got one of the studio rooms with kitchenette which suited us as we wanted to be able to organise a little food for ourselves instead of having to go out and eat in restaurants all the time. The kitchenette was functional and fit the bill. There are a couple of supermarkets up the road.

Some people have commented on the hotel location being "too far out", but if you are used to city walking then it's not really. Come out of the train station on the Bayer Strasse side (Burger King & IC Hotel exit), continue across to the next road, look to your right and you can see the hotel about 7 or 8 blocks up. Pulling suitcases and with a couple of kids in tow I did it in about 10 or 12 minutes.

The rooms were fine, but with the sofa bed made up there wasn't a whole bunch of circulation space. There were a few little niggles which pointed to this hotel being in need of a refurb & freshening up. The bathroom was pretty tired. Interestingly enough, there was a freaky problem with the bath - it wouldn't fill up above a few inches no matter what. My son started running a bath while I went down to the lobby to do some browsing. I came back half an hour later and the bath was still running but still hadn't got deep enough to cover my feet. Yet, when we stopped the water it still stayed at the same depth.

The bar downstairs is fine, but as others have commented, it's pretty tiny. Anything more than 2 groups of people there and you will be short on space. Having said that, it's a bar, I got served, it's fine.

We would have returned there on our way back through Munich but our party had grown to 4 people by then, with an extra adult. The room would have taken 4 people no problem, but Sheraton wouldn't sell it as a 4 person room despite having 2 large beds and a 'double' pull out sofa bed. As a result we decided to go to a different city and ended up in Augsburg instead. Positive result for us, negative for Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear zigmund,

Thank you very much for your postive and not so positve comments. I am sorry to hear that you experienced problems during your stay. This indeed should not happen at all.

I appreciate your comment about booking the Studio Room for 4 adults, my team and I will look into that and test this. You are correct that the Studio suits two large beds and in addition a sofa bed.

Regarding your comments about the tiny bar I suggest next time to visit as well the upper Lounge where we provide more seating space.

Once again thank you for your feedback !

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back, maybe next time with 4 adults in the Studio room.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

What works in favour of Four points, Munich are the neat rooms, the proximity to public transportation providing quick getaway to various parts of Munich and the friendly staff eager to help and provide information. We flew in from Amsterdam late night and reached the hotel well past midnight(the walk from Hackerbrucke station(S-Bahn) was about 10 mins , the underground station Thereseinwiese is still closer to the hotel), and the check-in was smooth and hassle free though there were issues with our credit card. Since we had booked our ourselves for one of the discount rooms , breakfast was not part of the deal and hence would not comment on the breakfast spread. However this is not much of a concern as Marianplatz is just 15 mins away and there are plenty of options for breakfast around the new town hall. The Four points is also a stone's throw away from Augustiner Braustuben( Beer Hall), they have a great atmosphere , good beer and great food at reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend the Four points for folks who are looking for a stay at reasonable prices, close to the city centre and a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and surroundings and hope to welcome back soon.