“Average, totally average”

Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central
Ranked #99 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Looks a bit old-school. Decent rooms. Nice staff. Looks rather small and quite 'compressed' I would say, the impression I'm getting.
Poor view on the street (demolished building). Close to center, 20 min walking and you are on the central railway station.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear wujek_maja,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. I am happy you mentioned the nice staff. Indeed there is a construction going on oposite of the main street, however at present there is no noise annoyance.

Would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent four nights (two adults and two teenage kids) in this well-located and quite modern hotel in Munich. It is quite close to the central station and we carted our luggage there and back -other hotels are closer it is true, but we found it well worth the extra effort. The hotel is pleasant, quiet, and clean. Breakfast was ample, and included a wide variety of different products. The room for four was ample for the four of us. What we liked most about the hotel was the staff, they were at all times courteous and attentive, and helped us find restaurants and all sorts of odds and ends. The pillows are extremely soft, but a charming receptionist came up with an ideal solution and brought it to our room herself. Ten out of ten for customer care. All in all, we were very happy with our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sisyphus1
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Sisyphus1,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time in Munich. Your comments regarding the helpful and kind staff make me very proud and I will of course forward your review to my team.

Would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards to Las Rozas,

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stay with 2 kids in the family room with the kitchenette for 2 night. The room was big enough for all. Clean and brand new. Parking was in the hotel which was near by a metro station. Which was not good was the room service that we used one night. Poor quality food but very expensive.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear gugliaraffi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. I am happy you enjoyed the spacious Studio room with your family. My apologies for the room service. It would be very helpful if you could let me know what exactly was the issue. You can contact me via mail centralmuenchen(at)fourpoints.com. Thank you in advance for your reply and help!

Would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon.

Kind regards to Milan,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel is pretty simple but rooms are clean, staff is friendly/helpful, and it is just a short walk to the train station. Lots of small shops and cafes in the area. Taxi stand on the corner is very convenient. Breakfast is available but only buffet so we chose to eat elsewhere. Bar in lobby. Free wi-fi in lobby with 2 computers, otherwise pay approximately 20 euro for wi-fi in room. also has a fitness center, but we did not take advantage of this :)

Fyi we came from airport via Lufthansa bus (10.50 euro/person) which arrives at Central Station, then we took a taxi because we had lots of luggage, which was another 10 euro. Otherwise walk is about 20 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank momdaughter2008

Dear momdaughter2008,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the convenient location and our spacious rooms. My apologies that you did not have a good experience via room service. It would be very helpful if you would let me know what exactly went wrong with the in room dining to prevent such things to reoccur. You can reach me under centralmuenchen@fourpoints.com. Once again my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards to Chicago,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

A family of 4 we spent a couple of days in the hotel. It's situated in a fairly convenient area (2 stations within 10mins walk), especially if you come for the OktoberFest. The place itself is very decent, rooms are spacious and have big beds and the staff friendly. The extra services are quite limited (e.g. not very flexible for providing in room dining). Overall a positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George73Greek
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear George73Greek,

Thank you for staying with us and for your 4 star rating. I am happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and you left Munich with a positive experience. Four Points by Sheraton is a focus service brand, therefore we do offer Room Service but not 24 hours as Sheraton would do. Our Minibar is not stocked but you are able to find all items in even a bigger variety in our Mini Shop next to the Front Desk.

Would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon !

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ticks all the boxes with style and comfort. Great rooms, great location. The staff (especially those in the lobby bar) were really amazing creating a friendly and fun atmosphere, offering first class recommendations for the city and making our stay perfect.

Possibly the best breakfast I have ever had. Quite simply brilliant!

Will return every time I am in Munich.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dominic D
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear domdocs,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. My team and I are very happy about your 5 star rating and that you had an enjoyable time in Munich.

Would be a pleaseure to welcome you back soon !

Kind regards to Dubai,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The sleeping room definitely met my needs. The room was comfortable, there was good water pressure and hot water in the bathroom, and I felt safe inside the room.

If you are going to Oktoberfest, there is no better location, because it's located directly across the street from the grounds. If you are looking for a hotel central to downtown or the train station, you can find a more centrally located hotel. It's about a 15 minute walk from either of those locations. The tram stops about a block and a half away.

My only other complaint is that there is no free internet in the guest rooms. As an international traveler, I rely on wifi to stay connected to home since international data plans are so pricey. I wouldn't have minded it so much, but I had to go online in the lobby bar and at night, there were a lot of drunk people around. I enjoy a drink or two, but I don't want to have wasted people try to talk to me when I'm checking my email. The lobby is very small. I would have appreciated some place quiet to go online. Typically, this class of hotel in the US provides free wifi in the sleeping rooms. In Europe, it's not as customary.

As a woman traveling alone, location and email access did not make this place ideal for me. I felt safe enough walking around the neighborhood at night, but there weren't a lot of people around and you just never know. You have to be street smart. I feel like I would have felt safer near Marienplatz, in the tourist district with more people around. But, I survived to write this tripadvisor review.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pilarkitty
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear pilarkitty,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry that you did not have a good time in the bar. We do have a upper level lounge where you are able to work in a more quieter environment. Maybe I suggest for your next stay our Studio rooms as internet is included in the rate.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,