“Fairly average”

Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central
Ranked #98 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, average rooms (but no free wifi except in the lobby), close to the u-Bahn, good location for Oktoberfest. Nice breakfast but no restaurant in the evening. Fine for a short business trip but would not use it for anything longer.

Stayed: July 2014
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Claire K,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. I am happy you enjoyed our hotel for a short stay.

Hope to see you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights and did a lot of walking to get to places we wanted to visit. The reception of this hotel was very average. Some staff were friendly but others were very grumpy. The room was a good size and comfortable. Breakfast was also fine. It is not located close to much but most things were in an average walking distance. Wi Fi is advertised as free but not in your room. THE PRICE IS TO USE IT IN YOUR ROOM IS OUTRAGEOUS, however, it is free in the foyer with everyone looking at you.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing the East.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bob S,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your review. My sincerest apologies that we were not able to completely satisfy you during your stay. I am really surprised about your comments regarding the "grumpy" staff. There we always get very positive feedback. It would be good to know where you saw the advertised "Free Wi Fi". I would very much appreciate your feedback via mail centralmuenchen(at)fourpoints.com. Thanks in advance.

We offer Wi Fi free in the Lobby and if you book our Studio rooms. It might be that several other chains advertise free Wi-Fi - most of the time however only a limited bandwidth.

Would be a pleasure if you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We traveled a family of four and reserved a family suite. It had two queen size beds, a sitting area, a small separate kitchen, and a walk in closet. They offer parking.
They served a very good breakfast buffet.
It is a 10-15 min walk from the city center. A taxi from the hofbrahaus to the hotel was only €10.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Magnus K

Hola Magnus K,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your rating. I am happy you and your family had a good time in Munich.

Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights and were very pleased with the size of the room, the walk-in closets and kitchenette that allowed us to have a few simple meals right in thee room. It is also very convenient to the central train station and U-Bahn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John P
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear John P,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your 5 star rating! I am glad you had a good time while staying with us!

Hope to see you and your family back soon.

Kind regards to Fairfax,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This property is one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. From the minute you pull up it's a bad experience. The hotel is built on top of a aToys R Us, but that's not shown in the photos. The parking garage is a dump, the lobby is the size of a closet, and the bathroom is the tiniest hotel bathroom I've ever seen. I stay in 4 star hotels all the time, and this is worse than many 1-2 star hotels. I paid almost $300 a night for this dump. Terrible ambiance from start to finish. And the decor is awful. Red painted doors. I could go on and on. It was an uncomfortable stay from start to finish. There are very few restaurants close by- but we did end up at a beer garden around the corner with good food, although the waiter was ignorant.
Stay elsewhere in Munich.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank aquasunmom

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us and your review. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the look and feel and size of our hotel. May I suggest for your next visit our more spacious sister properties Le Meridien Munich, The Westin Grand Munich or one of the Sheraton properties in town.

With best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed 8 nights here while we explored Munich and the surrounding area during August. Lots of things to like about this hotel: the staff were very efficient, smiling and easy to work with, and they helped with many good suggestions. Their English was far better than my German (thankfully!) The location was perfect for us: a quiet, non-tourist area, approximately one Kilometer from the train station and just a little farther to the Karls Tor gate that leads to Marienplatz. Our room was on the small side, but very efficiently organized. Wishing the bathroom was bigger, but it's typical of what you normally see in Europe. Housekeeping did a great job of keeping things neat and clean. We slept well every night, which is a compliment to the bed furnishings. We had no problems with the Wi-Fi connections.

The hotel is close to the Oktoberfest Fairgrounds (Theresienwiese), and just a couple of blocks away from an Augustiner Brauhauser, which is a great Munich Beer Hall. We'll be booking there again later in 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ATLBob

Dear ATLBob,

Thank you very much for staying with us for 8 nights and your top rating. I am glad you had an enjoyable time in Munich. My team and I are honored that you will be back in late 2014. Please let me or my team know if you need help with your booking.

Kind regards to Atlanta,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here in Late June 2013 for 3 nights and had a very good stay... So much so that when we looked to return to Munich, we had no question as to where we would stay. We traveled as a family of 4 and booked the studio room which had in room wifi and breakfast included- a very generous meal too! The room is fantastic- we had room 411 which had a large walk in closet (good for 4 large suitcases etc) kitchenette (micro, fridge, sink, small stove) which was great for reheating/refridge leftovers. 2 large beds plus a sleeper/sofa. While the facility is very modern,efficient and immaculate, it's the staff that I appreciate the most. Patrick at the bar made great Americans by day, gin and tonics by night . The entire front desk staff were so helpful with my questions on train schedules, walking distances, dining etc. in fact, do not miss the Italian (yes)/beer garden place around the corner- Hacker Pschorr. They are a traditional beer pub, separate sports bar, separate Italian restaurant. They make their own beer and I feel it's the best I had while in Munich and there are so many very good beers there! Also try Hansel imGluck for great burgers...I would recommend if you are traveling from the airport, take the S1 or S8 to Munich city center (barnhof) and for 10 euros each 35 euro for family)on way, you get off and Hackebruke and walk 10 min with your bag (roller, I hope!) and you are there.-a 40 min train ride. Even it you get to city center station it's a 10 euro cab ride. Cab from airport will run 60 euros.. A bit expensive. Must take the 2 hour each way train ride to Fussen to see the castles, 20 min walk to Marianplaz, bike English Garden... You can tell I did not like the city and hotel, no?

Room Tip: Must get the studio room if you are a family... Worth the extra $$
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RMTCA

Dear RMTCA,

thank you very much for staying with us for the second time and your very detailed 5 star rating. I am very glad you had a good time in Munich and very able to enjoy bavarian hospitality in and around the hotel.

Hope to see you back soon !

Kind regards to Auburn,