We stayed at the Sheraton in a superior room for 3 nights in December, having read previous reviews we weren’t too sure about the location. After getting off the train from Salzburg and walking to the Sheraton we initially thought it was going to be quite a way away from the sights but actually once we got our bearings we found that we were only a 5 minute walk away from the underground and 3 stops away from the Odeonplatz (€1.20). Walking into the old town was also an option and took about 30 mins. It was in a nice location, just around the corner from a good beer house (specialising in local beer) & restaurant.
The room was lovely and had a just decorated smell to it – it was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The room also had a patio door that led us onto a private balcony which was an added bonus. There was a fridge which was very useful, an in-room safe and free wifi was available in reception but you had to pay for this in your room. Just one thing to note - some of the rooms are for smokers so if you are a non-smoker make sure you request a non-smoking room.
The breakfast was lovely and gave a real variety. The hot buffet breakfast seemed to change on a day to day basis – hot scrambled eggs were available daily and the meat varied from sausages, bacon, chicken nuggets, pork and meatballs. There was also the continental buffet cereals, fresh fruit, croissants, yoghurt, juices tea and coffee etc.
A really nice touch was on the morning of the 6th December a Christmas boot filled with a chocolate Santa and other bits was left outside of all the rooms (in keeping with Germany ‘s 6th December tradition) – this was a really nice gesture.
The reception staff spoke very good English and were extremely friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Four Points and would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central: not only right next to Theresienwiese, site of the famous Oktoberfest, but also just a few minutes away from all major sights. With Four Points by Sheraton Munich Central you choose a city hotel that offers superb treatment in the perfect location for business or leisure. You can look forward to a hotel in Munich's city center that offers 102 well-appointed guest rooms and genuine Four Points comfort for your overnight stay, 3 conference rooms for up to 55 people, an air-conditioned fitness room and many other amenities combining free time and business. If you need more space, our Studios with a kitchenette are perfect for families as well as for extended stays. Attention: Until April 2018, renovation work will take place in the building complex as well as in the immediate vicinity. During this time, there can be some noise disturbance from Monday to Saturday between 7:00 am till 7:00 pm. During the construction work, our conference terrace is not usable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Munchen Central
- Four Points By Sheraton Munchen Central Hotel Munich
- Four Points Munchen Central
- Four Points Munich
- Sheraton Munich
- Munich Sheraton
- Munich Four Points