“Nice & comfortable stay”

Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel
Ranked #98 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel between the period of Christmas and the New Year. Checking in was fast and the young lady with blonde hair was very polite and answered most of my questions i.e. parking etc.

I upgraded to a room on the Executive floor on the 23rd floor. The room was clean, well-appointed with very comfortable bed. There was no bathtub but the shower was clean and water pressure is good. The view from the hotel is great too. The food and service at the Executive Lounge on the 22nd floor is good with a choice of finger food and selection of alcohol. However, I am bit surprise it is quite a small lounge for a big hotel. We opted to have breakfast on the main restaurant downstairs as it had more choices and I particularly like the Asian section.

The location is slightly outside the city centre but this is Germany and the trains are super-efficient. The closest underground station is about 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel – Arabella Park. Do use the entrance door on the back of the hotel. It only takes about 6 – 7 stops on the U- Bahn (U4 line) from Arabella Park station to the city centre i.e. Odeonplatz station. The area around the hotel appears to be quiet with a few bars & restaurants along the way to the underground station. Overall it was a pleasant stay and we would be back again if we are visiting Munich.

Room Tip: It is worth upgrading to the Executive rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaveRic18
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear MaveRic 18,

Thank you so very much for your excellent review. You perfectly described the location and I am sure your feedback will be very helpful to our future guests.

My team and I are already looking forward to your next visit.

Warm regards
Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,221)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a nice hotel with good amenities and nicely appointed rooms. However, one of the concierge staff was not at all helpful and dismissive in his attitude towards us. What a great letdown for such as classy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear ben01St_Louis,

Thank you very much for your sharing your comments on tripadvisor.
I am really sorry for your experience at the concierge desk and I would like to extend my apologies. Please be assured, that it was not our intension to make you feel not welcome.

My team and I are looking forward to your next visit and the chance to convince you with our usual high level of service and hospitality.

See you soon again in Munich

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014

During my moving to Munich I had to stay a couple of nights at the Sheraton before being able to enter my new place.
I was surprised with the excellent value for money offer I got for a room, which I would expect from an Ibis or Holiday Inn but not the Sheraton.
The room was top quality as well as all the facilities. You would easily par EUR 300 for such a room in any city in Europe, but I pay nearly a third of that.
Amazing view over entire Munich from the hotel, easy and not too expensive parking and very efficient and friendly staff. I will definitely recommend this hotel to people visiting Munich.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Cui_Kaizen

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all elements of your stay. I wish you an excellent time in Munich and all the best.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, great facilities. Free wifi in the lobby. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Not centrally located at all, however there are three or so restaurants and grocery store and pharmacy close by (100m) should you do not feel up to a trip to the centre of town.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Welda M,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel and we look forward to see you soon again,

Warm regards

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We (a family of 3) spent 3 nights in Sheraton in pre-Xmas season and we had a great time. We had booked our stay there online, and there had been in discrepancy between the online reservation and what the hotel had reserved for us. We had requested, booked and paid for a triple and the hotel provided us with a double room. The concierge took care of that issue and they accomodated us to a triple room appropriately.
By any chance, dont miss the hyper-breakfast. :)

Room Tip: If you mind the morning sun's rays fighting their way through the very dark curtains, opt for a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Hotel_Manager_Munich, General Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear epapanik,

great to here that you had a great stay with your family, and that my team did everything to accommodate you.

Thanks you for your positive comments!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Yes, it is a "box" hotel but it was a great place to stay while we were in Munich for the Christmas Markets just a few days ago. It is a bit of a ways from the city center, but that problem is solved with the U Bahn just a short distance out the back door of the hotel. It is a no brainer as we were on the last stop of the line and it is a straight shot to a stop near the Marienplatz.

We had our breakfast included and what a breakfast it is:-) So many selections for a breakfast buffet, all wonderful. We did not eat at the hotel for lunch or dinner, the prices looked to be a bit on the higher end.

There was a small Christmas Market out the back door, a number of restaurants, and a supermarket near by. We shopped the supermarket several times and ate at the Christmas market...best hamburgers ever and only 4,50 Euros for a huge cheeseburger.

The hotel is clean, HUGE, and very quiet. The bathroom was large and very nice. The only "complaint" was the lighting as with most hotels anymore, it was a bit dim in the room. Other than that, it was a very pleasant 3 night stay and you are away from the huge crowds that flock to the Christmas Markets each year.

I have no problem recommending this hotel. We did not use the spa though saw others with their spa bathrobes on. The weather was warm and sunny so we wanted to be outside and to visit as many Christmas markets as possible. We visited nearly all of them:-)

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and the room was amazingly quiet as were the corridors. I think that any f...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Micheljane
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Nicely refurbished modern hotel. The room can be a little small for the 3rd bed. The toilet has a large piece of glass that can see into the bedroom but the control to draw up the curtain lies in the bedroom instead of the toilet, meaning people in the bedroom can draw the curtain down while you are bathing!

Location of the hotel is not at the city center but a short train ride can be you there. Westin is just at the opposite street and there is a supermarket REW near by.

Good buffet breakfast spread to start the day.

I recommend this hotel.