“Best Hotel In Munich!”

Ranked #94 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Leicester
“Best Hotel In Munich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Sheraton, Arabella Park and am absolutely loving every aspect of my stay at the hotel during my relocation to Munich. I have stayed at a number of the other leading hotels in Munich in recent weeks to find one that gives GREAT service, a peaceful night’s sleep and all the facilities that a business traveler would need.

Firstly, I have slept as well in my room as I do at home. Big sigh of relief! There is very little noise in the hotel and unlike the city hotels; you are not bombarded with street noise all night. As always, the Sheraton beds are divine and my room has been kept immaculate by the team of cleaners who do a great job each day. I notice the finer detail of the room and to come in and have all my toiletries laid out tidily each day and my slippers left by my bed just adds a touch of class to the service in this lovely hotel. The team seem to work tirelessly for their customers, something that is often lacking in hotels these days.

I have been working each day, so have been using the facilities in the hotel at the begining and end of the day. The quality of the food and service have been second to none. Don't miss the buffet breakfast! It is plentiful and delicious and offers lots of healthy choices too.

The jewel in the crown of this hotel has to be the citywide views from floor 23, where you will also find a swimming pool, gym and club lounge.

So, the hotel is not the prettiest from the outside, but step inside and feel the stress melt away. You will love your stay here. I would highly recommend it.

:-)

Room Tip: Pay for the Executive Room, it is well worth the additional few Euros. My stay was on floor 18. Th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FireFlyPrincess
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear FireFlyPrincess,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Munich. I feel honored to hear that you are having such a great experience with us. Being relocated and finding a place where you sleep well, are able to work and still relax are not easy to find but I’m happy to hear that you have found the right place. The pool on the top floor can be very relaxing and are perfect to calm you down after a long working day. The Sweet Sleeper Beds surely do give you sweet sleep at night. And yes it can be an advantage being located a bit outside of the city, away from the noise and hassle.
I will surely pass on this great feedback to the team, as I’m sure they will be happy to see the guests feeling like at home at the hotel.
We hope you have many more relaxing days here and I wish you all the best for your relocation. I’m sure you will love Munich.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good hotel, friendly staff, our room was nice, super clean and with a very nice view.
On the top floor there's a nice pool, too bad water is a bit cold, but very nice.
Location is not exactly central, but train to centre is very near.
Other minus is that they charge for wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pappone78
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Pappone78,
I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked the view outside of the room. The WiFi is chargable in the room, but if you need to use the internet, we have the Link@Sheraton in the Lobby that you can use for free. We look forward to your next stay at the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark.
Best regards and have a nice weekend,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights when in Munich for business. Bathroom shower (great massage for back) and bed were outstanding and I slept like a baby every night. Public transport is efficient and took me 15 mins to center. I saw the Lufthansa airport bus stop right in front of the hotel (I took the train).

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, General Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Jack C,
Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. I’m happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. A good sleep is always important when you are on a business trip. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip to Munich.
I wish you a fantastic weekend and best regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Today I made a booking at the hotels own website for 4 nights. They are offering me a good deal for the room only which I paid in advance by creditcard. On the confirmation sent to me they also offer me a discounted breakfast during my stay. See tekst below.

Hello (guest name),

We're pleased to confirm your upcoming stay at the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel and look forward to your arrival.

Book your breakfast now for only € 15 instead of the normal € 23.With a delicious breakfast, you will enjoy a great start into a wonderful day! Simply click the box on the right for more information.

If there’s anything special we can do in preparation for your stay please don’t hesitate to contact us. In the meantime, safe travels.

HOTEL MANAGER

I am interested in this offer so I want to reply. Then after half an hour I got an answer from the hotel that this offer is not valid for me?? And they turned my booking for the breakfast down.
Why is the hotel offering this deal to me then in the first place on my confirmation? I asked the hotel to explain and did not get any answer so far.. Really strange Arabella Hotel and for me not a good start for my weekend in Munich in July.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, General Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Frank E,
I appreciate that you took the time to inform us about this issue.
I apologize for what happened, but it seems there was an error on the system that automatically denied you the service. I can guarantee you that you will still be able to receive the discounted price for the breakfast. As I cannot see your confirmation number over TripAdvisor, please feel free to reach out to me so that I can sort out the mistake and that you can happily look forward to your stay with us in Munich.
We look forward to welcoming you in July.
Best regards and Happy Easter,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Arabellapark for work (attending a conference over the road at the Westin) and would definitely recommend it, so long as you're not too fussed about staying centrally. Personally even if I was on holiday and wanted to see Munich I'd still stay here as it's quiet and relaxing but only a 10-12 minute journey of the U-bahn to the city centre. Definitely take the train...at 'rush hour' a taxi was around €17 but took 40 minutes as the traffic is terrible.

My room was at the rear of the hotel,18th Floor, large with a very high quality bathroom featuring separate bath and large shower 'space' with two different showers. Lots of hanging space and plenty of hangers. Rooms are utterly spotless and have a balcony.

The bed was the only slight negative - its was immensely comfortable but was a two beds pushed together with a large sheet over the top...that 'valley' was slightly annoying but that's a very minor quibble for what was a great room.

Overall, a great hotel, with very good rooms, helpful staff and if you value peace a quiet a great place to stay that isn't too far from the centre.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff W
Dear Geoff W,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and writing down your experience for other customers to read. I’m glad you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope you get the chance again to visit Munich for a holiday. The subway is the most convenient during rush hour and like you said it is not too far away from the center. I apologize that we weren’t able to provide you with a proper double bed, do make sure to let the reception know or get in touch with me.
I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Munich.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed in for 07 nights. The Hotel front desk Ladies are very friendly and professionally helpful! The smoking room wasn't ready, so they offered me a room with a balcony, it was excellent enjoyed my stay, sat in the balcony. Rooms are very good, bedding and bathroom are very nice! comfortable.
Breakfast was excellent, In fact all the staff was very friendly I am pleased... Thank you guys! for having me stayed in your hotel.

Room Tip: Take the room with a Balcony and on the front side, higher floor you get nice city view and can watc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Abid S,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our property and I’m glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will happily pass on your great feedback to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is excellent for conferences and meetings, the service is excellent: good and quick logistics. excellent catering. everything cleaned regularly. good equipment.
Some colleagues of mine who stayed at the hotel said rooms are nice, but there are not sufficient elevators, so there are big queues in the morning at breakfast time. The U4 Metro station is just around the corner, so it's very easy to get there from downtown. It's a 60 euros taxi ride to the airport. (no direct connection by metro or train).
I sincerely hope this post can help travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bertrand L
Dear Bertrand L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online, such reviews help us to constantly improve our service. I’m glad to hear that you and your colleagues have enjoyed the conferences, the rooms and the catering. Unfortunately two of our elevators are not working at the moment, hence it came it a long waiting time. We have taken care of this matter and are waiting for the spare parts from the company.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.