“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Nuremberg, Bayern, Germany
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just came back from our aort stay in Munich. We really had a wonderful time at this hotel. The pool and the spa were wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful and beyond accomodating. The desk clerk was super nice.
The room was big. We were a group of 3 women and had plenty of room. What i liked, is that every room had a balcony. So after the pool and lounging around we sat on the balcony and had a few glasses of wine. Overall a great stay. There are two ubahn entrances within 5 minutes walking distance. Seems far from the city centre but its really a quick ubahn ride.
The only thing i disliked was the wifi. It was on the pricey side and most of the hotels nowadays offer free wifi, yes the wifi was free in the lobby, but also around the pool area would have been nice. So my only recommendation would be to have the wifi free of charge. The only reason why i marked it as a 4 is because of the wifi. Would definitely go back if i ever had another chance and i most definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bnormandin
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Bnormandin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Arabellapark Munich with other guests. I’m glad to hear that you and your friends have enjoyed the stay and that you have such positive feedback for us. I personally like the spa and pool area with the great view over Munich and also that the rooms have a balcony which is of a big advantage for the summer time. I will definitely pass on your great review to the team and we hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Best regards from Munich,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

OK hotel, but checking in with a car is impossible. No place to park except the bus parking and the front desk tells you the city will tow your car even if you park there short term. That's not true but everyone with a car was struggling. Parking is one block away and not convenient if it is raining. Mattress was not comfortable. Otherwise clean and OK. Better to have GPS in finding the place. The exterior is very dated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear frankwyman,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience upon your stay at the hotel with us. Unfortunately we only have very limited parking slots in front of the hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience it may have brought you. There are few parking spaces on the road close to us and like you mentioned the parking garage a bit further. But if you bring your car along next time we will do our best to assist you with everything.
Wish you a nice weekend and best regards,
Linz
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

strange hotel in a nice surrounding. easy access by subway oe tram... but no hint or sign how to get from the station to the hotel. Gym is for free, but internet costs you 23€ (twenty three) per 24 h. altogether a 1980s experience fitting better to Rian Air than to Sheritob.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Junk501
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Junk501,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us online. We appreciate every feedback that we receive from our guests. We are actually working on getting a sign to the subway and tram so it easier for our guests to find the hotel. The internet in the rooms is chargeable but we do have the Link@Sheraton, where you can use the internet for free.
However we do hope we can look forward to your next stay with us.
I wish you a great week and best regards,
Richmond, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This part of Munich was open countryside at the end of the 60s. At the time, between the economic growth and the upcoming olympics, brutalists and brutish architects went wild.
The Sheraton Arabella is an example of that and it is really awful. It is not alone, many of the buildings in the area are brutalist 70s
So, point number one, the building is really unpleasant. On the outside it is pure horrible concrete. On the inside, extremely long corridors poorly decorated where you expect the Shining twins to turn up any minute.
In line with the 70s feel, the reception is lit in purple lighting and shades and, what is worse, there is a DJ pumping very poor loud music into the whole reception area.
An additional weird component is added by the fact that there is an unspecified clinic on the 17th floor and you may occasionally meet people in the lift with hospital robes and drip bags which you don't expect in a hotel.
Once you are in the room, this is a standard Sheraton business travel place with good clean and silent rooms and good clean bathrooms and generally good service. Still, I am not sure I am coming back here. It is a very strange place and a very ugly building

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear guitarman666,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us online. We appreciate every feedback from our guests, as this is the only way we can make sure to constantly improve our service. It is regrettable to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences. Like you mentioned the building was constructed around the 70s and yes the view about architecture was different then. The DJ only plays at the lobby from Tuesday to Thursday and is part of our Social Hour. As you have noticed also the building is not purely a hotel, it is being shared by tenants, several clinics and a hospital, which I know can be inconvenient at times. I do hope we can welcome you again at the Sheraton Arabellapark Hotel in the near future.
I hope you have a great week and best regards from Munich,
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Sheraton, Arabella Park and am absolutely loving every aspect of my stay at the hotel during my relocation to Munich. I have stayed at a number of the other leading hotels in Munich in recent weeks to find one that gives GREAT service, a peaceful night’s sleep and all the facilities that a business traveler would need.

Firstly, I have slept as well in my room as I do at home. Big sigh of relief! There is very little noise in the hotel and unlike the city hotels; you are not bombarded with street noise all night. As always, the Sheraton beds are divine and my room has been kept immaculate by the team of cleaners who do a great job each day. I notice the finer detail of the room and to come in and have all my toiletries laid out tidily each day and my slippers left by my bed just adds a touch of class to the service in this lovely hotel. The team seem to work tirelessly for their customers, something that is often lacking in hotels these days.

I have been working each day, so have been using the facilities in the hotel at the begining and end of the day. The quality of the food and service have been second to none. Don't miss the buffet breakfast! It is plentiful and delicious and offers lots of healthy choices too.

The jewel in the crown of this hotel has to be the citywide views from floor 23, where you will also find a swimming pool, gym and club lounge.

So, the hotel is not the prettiest from the outside, but step inside and feel the stress melt away. You will love your stay here. I would highly recommend it.

:-)

Room Tip: Pay for the Executive Room, it is well worth the additional few Euros. My stay was on floor 18. Th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FireFlyPrincess
Dear FireFlyPrincess,
thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Munich. I feel honored to hear that you are having such a great experience with us. Being relocated and finding a place where you sleep well, are able to work and still relax are not easy to find but I’m happy to hear that you have found the right place. The pool on the top floor can be very relaxing and are perfect to calm you down after a long working day. The Sweet Sleeper Beds surely do give you sweet sleep at night. And yes it can be an advantage being located a bit outside of the city, away from the noise and hassle.
I will surely pass on this great feedback to the team, as I’m sure they will be happy to see the guests feeling like at home at the hotel.
We hope you have many more relaxing days here and I wish you all the best for your relocation. I’m sure you will love Munich.
Best regards,
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good hotel, friendly staff, our room was nice, super clean and with a very nice view.
On the top floor there's a nice pool, too bad water is a bit cold, but very nice.
Location is not exactly central, but train to centre is very near.
Other minus is that they charge for wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pappone78
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Pappone78,
I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked the view outside of the room. The WiFi is chargable in the room, but if you need to use the internet, we have the Link@Sheraton in the Lobby that you can use for free. We look forward to your next stay at the Sheraton Munich Arabellapark.
Best regards and have a nice weekend,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights when in Munich for business. Bathroom shower (great massage for back) and bed were outstanding and I slept like a baby every night. Public transport is efficient and took me 15 mins to center. I saw the Lufthansa airport bus stop right in front of the hotel (I took the train).

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jakob-Jan_Blaauw, General Manager at Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Jack C,
Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay. I’m happy to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay with us. A good sleep is always important when you are on a business trip. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip to Munich.
I wish you a fantastic weekend and best regards,