My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Westin.
Finding your way to the hotel from Munich Airport is relatively simple and takes around an hour. There is a direct train line to the main station in town and then a simple transfer to another train to the hotel.
There is a short but, easy walk to the hotel.
The train costs around 10euro p/p. We priced a taxi when we checked out and were told it would be between 50-60euro and depending on traffic would take between 30-40mins. We recommend taking the train.
Check in was quick and hassle free. Reception staff were friendly and helpful.
We were in a standard room on the 8th floor. The room was a good size with plenty of storage and a king size bed. The bed was comfy and allowed a good night sleep. There are only a few English speaking TV channels, which wasn't an issue for us because we didn't spend a lot of time in our room.
There is a large spacious bathroom with a stand-alone shower, a his and her basin and bath. Our only complaint with the bathroom was the shower leaked rather badly around the seals and the tear drop shower head was faulty and sprayed water everywhere.
We didn’t use the internet but this is available at 12euro per night. There is a business centre in the basement and costs 3euro per 10mins.
The gym and spa is also in the basement. The gym is a good size with modern life fitness cardio machines and weights. The spa is next the gym where you have access to several saunas and an indoor pool and lounge area.
There is a supermarket, several very nice bakeries and a laundry mat nearby, which we found very useful.
There is also a selection of restaurants at the hotel and nearby. We chose to eat in the city centre. There are lots of traditional Bavarian cafes/pubs/restaurants, which we highly recommend.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Westin. The distance from the city didn’t bother us as it was only a 10min train ride to centre of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new passion at the Westin Grand Hotel in Munich. Located in the district of Bogenhausen, the world-famous city with a heart awaits you on the doorstep. With excellent transport connections from your Arabellapark hotel, you reach the city centre in just a few minutes and enjoy the very best Munich has to offer. 627 comfortable rooms & suites as well as the Westin Club invite you to stay a little longer and forget your usual day-to-day routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Grand Munchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Grand Munchen Hotel Munich
- Westin Hotel Munich
- Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark
- Sheraton Munich
- Munich Sheraton