The Westin Grand is comfortable and well presented, and the rooms are well=equipped. It is some way from the centre of Munich, but there's a nearby U=Bahn station that gets you into the centre very quickly. The hotel staff are very helpful, the concierges very knowledgeable.
I paid extra for an executive room and it was well worth it - provided a pleasant breakfast each morning with a great view from the top floor of the hotel, as well as drinks and light supper at night.
One thing worth remembering: if you need to get to the railway station early in the morning, allow plenty of time if you're taking a taxi. There are always taxis at the rank immediately outside the hotel, but it can be a slow drive in heavy traffic from there to the downtown location of the station. I did it twice during my stay, both times at around 8:00am, and it took at least 40 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new passion at the Westin Grand Hotel in Munich. Located in the district of Bogenhausen, the world-famous city with a heart awaits you on the doorstep. With excellent transport connections from your Arabellapark hotel, you reach the city centre in just a few minutes and enjoy the very best Munich has to offer. 627 comfortable rooms & suites as well as the Westin Club invite you to stay a little longer and forget your usual day-to-day routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Grand Munchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Grand Munchen Hotel Munich
- Westin Hotel Munich
- Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark
- Sheraton Munich
- Munich Sheraton