Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
US$526
US$375
Hotels.com
  • Pool
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
US$147
US$122
  • Room Service
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
Agoda.com
Marc Munchen(Munich)
US$154
US$134
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
HolidayInn.com
1,186 results
All reviewsthe club loungewest parkcity centrespg hotelssubway stationu bahn and s bahnbusiness hotelroom servicefitness centerfree wificomfortable hotelpublic transportan upgradejunior suitehotel is locatedcoffee machinerooms are nice
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While this hotel is not located in the heart of old Munich, it is only about a 5-10 min. subway (U-Bahn) ride away from central station. The hotel was literally located outside a subway station - no need to even cross the street. As well, we rented a car for our trip and parking outside the hotel on the street was never a problem and cost much less than the hotel parking (6 Euros for 24 hours on the street versus 20 Euros for the hotel parking). The highlight of this hotel was definitely the very pleasant and accommodating front desk staff and service. Our trip started and ended in Munich so we checked in to this hotel twice, at the beginning and end of our trip and both times, they accommodated early check-ins. As well, upon check-out, when I complained about a very high local call charge that I made from my room, the front desk staff apologized and kindly offered to waive the fee (30 Euros for about 8-9 minutes to a local mobile number). While the exterior of the hotel looks somewhat institutional and the floor hallways could use some updating, the rooms and bathrooms themselves were very clean and modern. As well, the wireless internet signal from our room was also excellent. While the hotel is geared to more of a business traveler, it was just fine for our leisure stay, particularly from a price versus quality perspective. It is also located very close to a beautiful park (WestPark) that was perfect for afternoon runs or walks. There is also a decent coffee place across the street.

Room Tip: We stayed on the higher floors and the rooms were very modern. Not sure if this is the case throughout the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank travelover007
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Travelover007,
Thank you for your post!
It’s great to read that you had a good time here. The front desk team was delighted to receive your positive feedback – many thanks for that!
Our location is pretty good indeed, thanks for pointing that out – as you said, literally on top of the underground station and close to both the city center and the West Park just around the corner.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Greetings from Munich,
Sebastian, Director Guest Service

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here 3 nights after the Octoberfest. We choosed the hotel for its good TA recommendations, good location also for its being a Sheraton. I can list our disappointments here: 1. Check-in procedure took a while by the new-beginner receptionist. The experienced receptionist should not have forwarded us to her. She should have noticed that we looked very tired and exhausted after a 9 hrs of trip. (But, that was really not a big deal). 2. After the check-in, we have been given the key, we happily went to our 9th-floor room. Then something we have never experienced before has happened. The room was some other customer's room. It's been already occupied! there were luggages of some other customer. First I thought this was a camera joke. What if something were missing in this lucky customer's belongings or we used his toilet harsly ? We just called the reception and waited for the new key. Our new-beginner brought us a new key with her kind appologies. Was it a big deal? To us, yes. Our room's key also would be given to somebody else by mistake. 3. Our new room seemed very comfortable and fine and we almost forgot the wrong-key situation, just until I noticed the broken glass pieces on the floor! We were stepping the carpet with our bare foots, we were lucky that we missed them! (Photos are available).There were no slippers in the room, by the way. 4. The next morning we told the hotel personnel about the glass pieces and ask for a good vacuum cleaining. She said okey. After we back to the room, we saw that only bigger pieces have gone, the tiny ones were still there! We didn't told anything, just avoid not to step on the glass. (Note: During our long check-in procedure, we've been asked if we prefer our room not to be cleaned every day in exchange for a 5-Euro coupon, we said we want cleaning, not the coupon). 5. We used the tea and cofee offerings in the room the first day. Tea were not replenished the next two days. Coffee were replenished only on the third day. Something good: 1. The breakfast was really good, just as in the recommendations. 2. There is U-bahn station right in front of the hotel, the location is very good to reach the city center. 3. The room was large enough. In summary: I think we had expected a higher quality of service from a Sheraton, that could have been the reason why we dissapointed that much. Our level of expectation is now much more lower. We don't want to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: During check-in: Make sure that the room was not some other customer's room and it is well cleaned.
3  Thank gulpern
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear gulpern,
First of all thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to Munich. We genuinely value our Guest´s comments which allow us to constantly improve our service. I am grateful that you took the time to share your detailed feedback with us and the TripAdvisor Community.

I sincerely regret your unfortunate experience. We followed up internally to figure out how it was even possible that you were sent to a wrong room, especially with the high security standards we have in place. Regrettably two incidents came together at the same moment. The luggage was wrongly placed in the first room by a member of staff and unfortunately wasn´t changed before you checked in, therefore the room looked as though it was taken. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience occurred to you during your stay due to a succession of unfortunate happenings.

Did you know that Starwood developed a program for all guests who want to refuse room cleaning and even get a thank you gift for it? The program is called “Make a Green Choice”. You can participate on 3 consecutive nights and on the 4th day the room will be cleaned. Thereafter it starts again and it`s not available at day of departure. That means if you stay 4 nights you can participate for 3 nights and will get vouchers for these nights. With these vouchers you can chose between 500 SPG-points, 5 Euro for food and beverage or you can donate 5 Euro to UNICEF (amounts are per night). If you want to participate you can either speak with the Front Desk or you can put the “Make a Green Choice”-hanger at your door. I am very sorry if the trainee who checked you in missed the opportunity to clearly explain this program to you.

Please allow me to follow up personally on your stay. To do so, I would like to talk to you, so if you would be so kind to write an e-mail to westparkmuenchen@sheraton.com and tell me how I can contact you, as it will be my pleasure to return your message with a personal call or e-mail. May I take this opportunity to assure you that our hotel always seeks to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service and it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting a Sheraton Hotel during your next travels. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel in a not too distant future and this visit hopefully leads in an overall better experience for you.

Warmest regards,
Heinrich Dominici
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Centrally located hotel in Munich, ideally located for sightseeing or the Oktoberfest. Only 2-3 underground stations away from the city center. The hotel isn't that nice from the outside but looks recently refurbished inside, including the rooms. I spent my last birthday at the Oktoberfest and was staying at the Sheraton Westpark at that time and as SPG Gold member even got a personal note from the manager (which I do not need!) and a small birthday cake. I would always come back here if looking for a stay at around 100€/nights in Munich. For a budget >170€/night I would always prefer the Sofitel at the main train station.

Room Tip: Higher floor probably always nicer because of the view, but I guess all rooms are pretty the same.
1  Thank senator_traveller
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here recently here two nights while on a Globus bus trip covering Germany and Austria. This hotel had the smallest of any of the rooms that we stayed in during our trip. However, I believe they had the friendliest staff. It was such a delight to get cheerful assistance from them. We stayed during Oktoberfest and the hotel and staff were very festive. We had no problem getting around Munich using the Ubahn from this location. We were able to make it downtown and to the Oktoberfest grounds without any problem. The breakfast buffet was excellent. I believe we had the best scrambled eggs ever during our recent trip. The buffet also had the usual European meats, breads and cheeses. The only negative comment I have is about the bathtub. The sides are tall and it is difficult to get in and out of the shower. I think grab bars would be helpful. This would a concern for the elderly or handicapped. We did find this bathtub situation to be the case throughout our entire stay in Germany and Austria. I would surely be delighted to stay here again.

1  Thank Marie R
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Marie R,
Thanks a lot for choosing the Sheraton Westpark for your recent stay in Munich and posting a review on Tripadvisor.
Makes us all very proud to receive such praise for our members of staff and the extensive breakfast buffet.
There are some rooms furnished with a shower cabin instead of a bathtub. Please drop us a note before your next stay and we are pleased to add this as a preference to your profile.
Best regards,
Sebastian, Guest Service

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 3 years back.... This is a much better option that Arabella Sheraton... Right in the centre of the city.... Very convenient. Clone red to the metro.... V nice functional rooms.... Not opulent but nice n clean.... Good breakfast... Would recommend for business's stay

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple