“Clean, great breakfast, friendly staff, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Brack

Hotel Brack
Ranked #47 of 382 Hotels in Munich
“Clean, great breakfast, friendly staff, good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel is not new, but it is taken care of so well we didn't mind at all. It is super clean, it's not noisy, and the staff is extremely friendly & helpful. The breakfast was fantastic! I must say it is a highlight! And the lady serving it is just great to experience. There's sooo much food. Plus when we ordered something to drink/eat we got 2 min later. All was super fresh. The location of the hotel is also really good with the metro station right by it. There are great little restaurants & bars in that area which were more for locals than tourists. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Shoequeen75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Brack with my wife daughter and mother in law for two nights at the beginning of December whilst visiting our Son and the Xmas market.
Anyone who travels to German cities regularly will know that Munich is particularly expensive and we found this place on Booking.com and booked one double and one twin with breakfast for 539 euros ( app £440.00 ) when several others we looked at were nearly double this. After checking reviews on TripAdvisor we booked and I have to say it was very very good.

The hotel itself is a little dated but it added to its charm and it was spotless throughout. Rooms were warm and bed linen and towels changed every day and you don't get that it many 4/5 star hotels in Europe. Staff were cheerful and very helpful when we asked for a few pointers on using the UBahn which incidentally has a station entrance about 20 yards from
the door of the hotel...two stops and your in the city !!!
Breakfast was excellent with a full choice of cereals, fruits, warm breads and toast, eggs done anyway you like, tea , coffee, fruit juices and all served by multi lingual staff in Bavarian dress and
very cheerful.
The hotel is well placed for the Oktober fest site and I would imagine is well booked early and probably a lot more expensive at this time.
We intend to visit Munich again in the summer and would definitely be looking to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LambrettaGP
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed as a couple for a long weekend to visit the Christmas Markets. The hotel is well appointed in a safe neighbourhood, right next to a u-bahn station. It was only a few stops away from the main shopping street and the Christmas Markets at Marienplatz.

We were greeted warmly by the gentleman on reception and provided with a map and the main tourist destinations were pointed out too us. He also provided with passwords for the wi-fi which were able to use without any problem in our room.

Our room was warm, homely and cosy; it was basic, a bit dated in the decor but comfortable and immaculately clean. The bed was really comfortable and we slept really well all the time we were there.

The breakfast was fresh and plentiful; a selection of breads, meats, cereals, juice, tea, coffee and eggs of all varieties made to order. The omelette is highly recommended. The staff serving us couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast & customer service is definitely the highlight of the hotel.

It is definitely good value for money for a budget hotel and would recommend this to others; couples and families. It is close proximity to Okotoberfest grounds so would be perfect for that!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reeny161081
Blairstown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel while visiting Munich with our son. The hotel was very comfortable with a large room for the three of us. While not located in the historic district, it is very close to the underground. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pearljamfans
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel Brack for 4 nights while we visited Munich mainly for the Christmas Market. The hotel is very well located (it's a 20 min walk to the Marienplatz, or 3 underground stations - the distancd between the stations is very short). The staff were helpful, the hotel is clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very small but very well organised. We liked the breakfast area the most as it makes you feel like at home : plenty of options for a continental breakfast ( try the special omlette with cheese and bacon ). This hotel may not be the best looking or the cheapest but it's a good value for money for exploring the city. We wiuld stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica C
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have long wanted to visit Munich - beer capital. In October we decided did it and I began find the hotel. I have read reviews and made booking in Brack hotel. We came to hotel - accommodation did very fast, but room was small. I ask to change it, and we put in a very-very large room. At next day we back from city walking and we put in new room, no so large but as I booked.:) Due these movements, hotel did discount for us - 1st night was free. Room very clean, bed clothes very good, but pillow very slim, wardrobes is capacious. Near hotel (2 minutes) subway, Oktoberfest-Teresien field, supermarkets, restaurant (#3 in Munich). Breakfast very-very good - you sit down at the table, at table - broad, big basket with cheeses, paste, jams etc.,fruits. Next you ask about hot - scrambled or omelette, tee or coffee. Together with tee/coffee bring a plate of cheese and jamon. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 705 is very small.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank OlegGudovanyy
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I decided to stay at Hotel Brack based on many other positive reviews found on Trip Advisor. I found those reviews to spot on, in terms of the value, convenience, and awesome staff who work there. Check in was easy, and Marjit, the front desk staff person, was efficient and helpful.

I had reserved a single non-smoking room, and I found it to be spotless. Yes, the hotel and rooms are a bit old, but I did not find it to be off-putting. Any location in the hotel, be it my room, the dining room, or lobby, were all spotless. As a single traveler, I found the single room to be small but enough space. It did not feel too small. My pillow was a bit lumpy and should be "retired", but the single bed was so comfortable. My window faced a side street, but I could hear traffic from Lindwurmstrasse, but I actually liked the sound of it.

There is in-room WiFi, and the signal was strong. Not very strong in the breakfast room or lobby. As others have said, there is no community computer to use in the lobby. Also, cell phone coverage in my room (456) was strong in some spots, weak in others. Had to walk around a bit to keep enough "bars". But not a significant problem.

As others have said, the breakfast is a dream come true. The friendly and efficient woman who is in charge of the breakfast room is the owner, Frau Utalinde Wissmann. She offers a great variety of breakfast items, but the best is the freshly-made ham and cheese omelette, served piping hot. Incredibly delicious. She was even kind enough to assemble a traditional sandwich (with their dark bread and slices of smoked black forest ham and butter) to take with me to the airport.

The best part of the hotel are the staff. Herr Frank Tronci mans the desk during the day, and Frau Marjit Kauer in the evening. I had an injury at the start of my vacation, and they assisted me with getting ice, calling taxi's, and in general making me feel cared about. They were able to direct me to the University of Munich Emergency department for medical care (which was outstanding). I was sorry to have to leave for home early, since I was so enjoying the hotel.

The only downside? There is smoking in the lobby and front desk, and it floats up the open staircase to the upper floors. I know this is Europe and there is a lot of smoking. I am a non smoker, and found it to be a bit troublesome. But my I enjoyed the other aspects more, so I stayed. But be aware that if you are really sensitive to smoke, this could be challenging for you.

Also, there is a small elevator that seems like it could acommodate a smaller wheelchair, if you are handicapped.

All in all, I would not hesitate to stay at Hotel Brack again. The staff and breakfasts are memorable, indeed!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo