“Would stay here again”

Park Inn by Radisson Munchen Ost
Ranked #214 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I stayed at the Park Inn for a week in December as part of a Christmas markets tour. The hotel was chosen by the tour company; in fact it appeared that there were many such groups staying in the hotel. I probably wouldn't have found this hotel on my own, as it is outside the city center and sort of "off the beaten path" in what appears to be a residential part of town. However, the S-bahn station was a block away and provided easy access to both the city center and the airport. Breakfast was very nice, and I had a nice dinner in the hotel restaurant one night as well. The room was large and very clean, with a small balcony. It also had a small refrigerator and microwave, which was a very nice bonus (and something I have not come across very often in European hotels). My room faced the street (not the train tracks) and it was very quiet at night. I brought ear plugs, but didn't need them. There is a public computer in the lobby, and both English and German newspapers are provided. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 October 2010

For the Oktoberfest festivities we stayed at the Park Inn Munchen-Ost. A 20-minute S-Bahn ride outside of city center. Even though it was 20-minutes, we could never tell. The trip was a nice way to see the country-side and unwind from the craziness of Oktoberfest. The hotel was really easy to get to off the train, had a great bar/restuarant, and an amazing breakfest (the bacon and sausage was amazing). The room was always clean, the staff was friendly and helpful (if we needed something, they would run it up to us right away). There really isn't one bad thing I could say about the hotel itself. The only thing would be if you need to be in city center, it is a 20-minute train ride. It didn't bother us.

Also, the reservation lady you helped us, Katja, was an amazing help. She gave me so much information and always got back to me right away. She is great to work with.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bagnall40
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I'm usually skeptical about so-called "family rooms" at chain hotels (Park Inn is a Radisson) because they are usually just standard rooms with two double beds. Since I have two teenagers, this is not optimal. Boy, were we surprised to get an awesome room at the Park Inn - Munich East! It was very large, with one queen bed, one double pull-out sofa (very comfortable) and a twin roll-away, and there was still room to walk around! Also had a stove, fridge and microwave. Fantastic for families!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ToEuropeWithKids
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This hotel is a short drive from Munich central and close to the airport. Front desk staff are most friendly, efficient and helpful. Rooms are modern, with free internet and large bathrooms, some even have balconies. The food and food service is outstanding. Be sure when you book to ask for a room that doesn't face the rail tracks and you'll have a terrific time here.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 6 June 2010

While I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, I am kind of a Top 5 place to stay Trip Advisor rated hotel snob. So something rated 100 worried me. But I'm here to tell all you other overly cautious Top 5 only folks - this place was great, especially for about 80E. We did ask for a room away from the train and we got a room over the restaurant/outside patio. We had glorious weather and so there were people there most of the time but it was never a problem. Kind of a low tone conversation going on. And I have to say that there is some extremely minor noise from the trains but a bus or car is noisier - honestly. These are ELECTRIC trains after all. And they never honked a horn.
We always travel with eye shades and ear plugs just to make the jet lag easier, but it was not really necessary.
From the airport you get on any S line and head south. At Johanniskirche (5 quick stops) you get off, walk about 100 yards and you are there. Now you need to go to Munich downtown? Just walk back over to the train station and get on any train not headed to the airport (they come every 20 minutes starting at 5 min past the hour) and within 10 minutes you are there. Super easy to get to either location. Very relaxing, small town away from it all feel.
The rooms were very clean, very comfortable, free wireless wi-fi, wonderful outside patio to enjoy the amazing evening weather. Great shower, towel warming bar, spacious room with lots of closet/drawer space + great desk work area and ethernet cable provided for the free wi-fi (oops I didn't bring my own!)
The included breakfast was very good as well with many different options for almost any taste, European, American and more! The staff were very friendly and brought us fresh brewed coffee in a carafe for our table the minute we sat down. Cleared away used plates right away.
The staff at the desk were also very helpful with suggestions and maps. They also offer the great convenience of selling the train tickets right at the desk and can answer questions about the best option for your stay. No extra charge to buy them here.
Across the street is Dicke Sofie which is an actual biergarten with inside and outside seating which was so delicious. So you don't even have to trek to Munich for great beer and food.
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia1067
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We booked this hotel on the night before we flew out of Munich for home, as it was on the train line and would be a shorter and less crowded train in the morning for our flight. Very nice clean room, nice hotel, great breakfast. Very close to the train station and when exiting the train there even was a small sign directing you to the hotel. The only problem was you had to have the windows open as it was a warm night and there were maybe 10 to 15 American kids sitting on the patio until quite late and they were pretty loud and we couldn't sleep. Finally someone yelled down to them in English with a thick German accent, "Get inside!" and they left. I should have called down to the desk earlier, and they probably would have moved them inside at a much more aggreable time, but also they should be aware of the fact that people had windows open all over the place and those kids were being loud - had the staff been proactive it would not have been a problem. I read where others had problems with the train noise, and to us that train noise just wasn't that bad or very loud - after the first time I heard it I never noticed it again. Any hotel in a large city is much worse, noise-wise. I'd give it a solid B, and would have given it an A except for the loud kids out on the patio.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2008

This was a rough stay. It's right on the train line and very noisy. The heat was not sufficient for a cold autumn night. The hot water ran out before we were up & shower drain was clogged. It's a tough wake-up with a cold room & cold water. The room was supposed to have wi-fi, but had wired only. Multiple fixtures in the room were broken or poorly maintained, burned out light bulbs, etc, etc.

Most of those items would be overlooked if there weren't so many in one small hotel room.

The staff were okay. Most spoke english. The only bright spot was the breakfast. It was good.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)