“Great hotel option for Munich”
Review of Eden Hotel Wolff

Eden Hotel Wolff
Ranked #42 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Directly across from the train station. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean, and quiet. Location is close enough to get to tourist areas but far enough away from them to avoid all the noise. Hotel staff was very helpful. On our last day there, we decided to take a day trip to Salzburg and the hotel staff stored our bags for hours. Very professionally run. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here 1 night at the beginning of our trip and then 2 nights at the end. Even though they said all of their rooms have air conditioning, our room the first night did not. It was hot and difficult to sleep that night. Also, the bed in that room was so hard it felt like we were laying on the floor and the pillow was about a half an inch thick. The room was dirty (there was hair on the bed) and seemed like it hadn't been updated in at least 20 years.

When we stayed 2 nights at the end of our trip we had a much better room. That room had air conditioning and it looked more modern. It was also clean. While the pillows still were paper thin, it had a much more comfortable bed.

Positives:
-Friendly staff
-Excellent location; directly across the street from the main train station

Negatives:
-No internet access at all unless you use their computer in the lobby. Their computer has a German keyboard (which makes since, considering the hotel is in Germany) that may be difficult for non-Germans to figure out. They only allow 15 minutes per day on the computer. I'm fairly good with computers and it took me almost 15 minutes to send a 1 paragraph e-mail (with tons of typos because of the keyboard).
-Not all rooms have AC
-Not all rooms are clean
-Paper thin pillows
-Very hard beds in some rooms

Room Tip: Plan on going to Starbucks with your laptop for internet access.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Directly across from the Central Train Station and a short walk away from Marienplatz. The single rooms are ridiculously small but the doubles are spacious.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank travelnomi
Reviewed 27 May 2012

The location, across the street from the Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof) and an easy walk to the Marienplatz, leaves Munich at your doorstep.

This was my first trip to Munich and my flight arrived at 6am. It was so easy to take the train in and simply cross the street to get to the hotel. I made it to the hotel before 8am and my room was ready for me. After a quick shower, I was back in the train station and meeting my Radius tour group. It could not have been easier or less stressful. I spent the rest of the trip walking to and from the Marienplatz or hopping on the U-bahn.

The room, while smallish, never felt small. There was even a lounge chair for watching TV. The bathroom gleamed. Even though my room was across from the busy station, I never heard any outside noise. It would be a problem though if you wanted to keep the window open, but with both heat and air conditioning in the room, you can sleep comfortably with the window closed.

The staff were kind, welcoming and helpful.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic. Lots of cold and hot food to choose from. It's easy to eat enough so that you can skip lunch and have a large dinner at a brauhaus.

I'd definitely stay there again if I go back to Munich.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lindargtravel
Reviewed 26 May 2012

A functional hotel with an excellent central location which allows you to walk to all the sights in Munich. Eden Wolff is located right across the street from the train station which gives you access to tours (Radius was wonderful!), shopping, airport transportation.......The buffet breakfast was great. Our room, a triple, gave us each our own bed. We had a large bathroom with a bathtub. It was an easy walk to Marienplatz and all the sights. Hotel staff were very helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel has a really great location for tourists. Its opposite of the main train station. The hotel is not new but its clean and the people are friendly. It's a old fashion hotel. The bed in a single room is very small and not very comfortable! The rooms are really small and not great for business traveler. The breakfast is ok and fresh.

Room Tip: Get for a double room on the upper floors and on the back side.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hahee
Reviewed 24 May 2012

One thing hotels often fail to recognise is how important the reception staff are. The welcome here was cold, unwelcoming, sarcastic at times and offered no information on essential items like where the lifts were (I wandered aimlessly around the maze-like reception for ages), breakfast arrangements or hotel services. Worst of all was the rude response I received when I politely questioned why the needed my passport (unusual for Germany) and a book's worth of personal data. I was told it's the rules - who's rules?! The reception guy? German law? the hotel's rules? He wasn't interested in explaining, and dismissed my concerns about what they would do with the two photocopies they took of this important and personal document.

In addition:

1. The room was tiny, and hideously decorated with fake limed wood effect cladding up to the ceiling, fake beams and deer skulls (!!!) on the wall. It was like a cheap holiday cabin.

2. The air con just switched off overnight (presumably for energy saving) but couldn't be switched back on and the room stayed 25 degrees as a consequence = no sleep

3. The door has no lock or chain, reducing security for guests and increasing the possibility of housekeeping or other guests just letting themselves in at the worst possible time!

4. The wifi is excluded from rates, and logs you off with anything more than 5 minutes of inactivity (I've had to rewrite this review as it logged me off and consequently lost my work - not good if you're working on that vital presentation!!) It's provided by a third party and the staff are neither knowledgeable or interested in it.

5. I'm used to German hotel pillows being way, way too soft, but the one supplied at the Eden was the size of a postage stamp and flattened to pancake proportions when used, making it wholly useless. No second pillow supplied either.

On the positive side, the room service menu is excellent and the minibar is reasonably priced, plus it is well located for the centre of Munich and the train station opposite. But it's flawed, unfriendly and poorly thought out, so a stay here for me was far from comfortable, welcoming or suitable for me as a business traveller.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business