“Great Location”
Review of Eden Hotel Wolff

Eden Hotel Wolff
Ranked #40 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great location and access to train station and metro. Hotel staff was awesome! Within walking distance of Marienplatz. If you want a quick breakfast, checkout the train station. Lots of great bread and deli selections.

Room Tip: Do not be afraid to ask for help. Our airline had lost our luggage. The hotel staff was very helpf...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Eden Hotel Wolff

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a very pleasant stay for 2 nights with my family. Air cond , comfortable beds, quiet room on rear side of hotel, and well trained . helpful front desk staff. Excellent value here. walk to transit 3 minutes. airport bus just across crosswalk was convenient and runs every half hour. The restaurant is authentic German style with very good dinner and breakfast. Breakfast included in some on line rates. Just 6 min walk to augustiner beer garden, Try the pork knuckle with your litre mug of beer. I'll be back...

Room Tip: ask for a room on the rear quietb side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Me and two other travelers stayed in at the Eden Hotel in July during an unusual heat wave. It was some of the hottest temps on record for Europe. I was insistent we booked a hotel with A/C. I am thankful we did, but the A/C in our room was pitiful. It was so hot in the room and cold showers didn't help much. The wifi was not free and it was a terrible connection. We had to take turns getting on the Internet. The room was big and accommodated all three of us and the location was great. It is directly across from the train station, access to the rest of Munich was very convenient. In addition, we had the added bonus of access to restaurants in the train station for quick meals.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in a triple in this hotel in May 2014. The best part of this hotel was the location-being located directly across from Hauptbahnhoff made accessing public transportation a breeze. It was also a pretty quick walk to Marienplatz and the sites in that area.

The actual room was very nice. Clean, pretty modern, very nice bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, which was appreciated at the end of a long trip!

The restaurant attached to the hotel was surprisingly good, and I was impressed with the options at the complimentary breakfast.

In my hallway (I believe I was on the sixth floor), there were pictures of the damage the building sustained during WWII. The pictures are worth seeking out-very interesting.

The only downside was the wireless situation. The wireless is very expensive and you have to pay by device. If you're one person traveling alone, it probably wouldn't be that expensive. However, if you're traveling with a family and everyone wants to be able to connect a device, it can add up.

Overall: Nice hotel, great location, expensive wireless.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife & I spent an enjoyable week at this hotel whilst visiting the Munich Festival. We stayed in a twin-bedded room that overlooked a side-street which was large, with plenty of space. The room, which felt recently redecorated had an 'alpine' design, complete with three sets of chamois antlers on the wall and distressed wooden panelling. The air-conditioning worked well, was very quiet (and quite essential in the muggy heat). On our last night there was a heated argument in the room next door, which we could just hear; otherwise no noise whatever disturbed us throughout the week - the triple-glazed windows stopped anything from outside, too.

The bathroom was also spacious and nice & bright; it too looked to have been recently refurbished (although the many cracks in the tiles on the floor and walls suggest it may need doing again soon). As others have commented, water pressure management was poor, so a shower in the morning, and in the afternoon, could fluctuate from very hot to cool and vice versa, though it was not usually a problem.

The hotel staff were helpful at all times. They demonstrated extreme efficiency on occasion - when I reported a light bulb requiring replacement, there was a knock on the door within 30 seconds - hugely impressive!

We had an all-in price that included breakfast so I cannot comment on the price. The quality and range of food was good, including many regional specialities - always a nice touch. The hotel did seem to struggle when full though - not a big deal though twice I had to lay a place because the staff could not keep up with the number of people coming & going.

We also had lunch and dinner there on occasion. The food was good, of course a tad on the pricey side as might be expected in an hotel, and the service attentive. As a wine bore, I would have welcomed a wider selection of wines by the glass, especially German ones; those there were, were quite young and simple (though priced accordingly) - it would have been nice to have a QbA or Prädikatswein by the glass, for example.

Having read previous reviews we were expecting the €10/day internet charge which whilst completely out of line with other hotels I have stayed in recently we clearly had to live with as our tour company had booked us in so we had no opportunity to go elsewhere. However what we were not prepared for was that that charge is for the first device connected - if you connect another, even if you have logged off the first, you have to pay an extra €5/day, and for a third, a further €3. As I took my PC for work/emails, my tablet for reading magazines/newspapers and my mobile for apps, that would have been €18/day...and my wife had three devices too. It didn't stop there though - the process for logging on typically involved negotiating an invalid security certificate as well as multiple attempts to log in - the whole process could easily take 15 minutes/device and you have to do that every time you open each device, including when you return to the hotel with your mobile.

On Wednesday the service disappeared completely, due, Reception said, to servers being worked on. Reception confirmed that they continued to receive many complains about the internet service and encouraged me to file a complaint - although as the first feedback form they gave me to fill in had already been filled in by someone else, I did wonder if any attention was paid to these at all. However a complaint to our tour company did result in an immediate response from the hotel to meet with the person responsible for the MyCloud service in the hotel. The whole thing began to take on elements of a farce then, because when I went to meet her, I was told she had left for a one week holiday that morning. As a result we were informed we would have the service free...although when I came to pay I was told it was only free up to the point when I complained!

I find it hard to believe that the hotel can continue to offer such a dreadful service at such a high price for much longer, so I'd encourage prospective customers to enquire if they have moved from MyCloud to a more reliable, and hopefully cheaper, service before booking.

Room Tip: I'd encourage prospective customers to enquire if they have moved from MyCloud to a more reliabl...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Centrally located hotel next to Hauptbahnhoff - small but clean 1 person rooms. Very good breakfast facilities.
However staff at reception might be more friendly (e.g. when you ask to get the metro tickets booked to your hotel bill), they are often slow in checking out.
WiFi is expensive: Eur 10 per day just for one phone/tablet/computer. You pay for extra tablets.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed in a triple room and had plenty of space. Bathroom was large (unlike most hotels in Europe). Breakfast was very good with plenty of choices and the front desk staff were outstanding. Offered great suggestions on tours and even booked them for us! Hope to return to Munich someday and would choose this hotel again! Free wifi would have gotten the hotel 5 stars across the board

• Stayed: July 2014