All reviews airport bus allianz arena free street parking u bahn bmw welt clean rooms free wifi recommend this hotel by foot minutes walk away excellent stay nice bathroom buffet breakfast location was perfect stayed here for nights hotel is located visit munich
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Rooms are basic with a small shower and toilette. The hotel itself is clean and a bit cosy, Breakfast was also basic but worth the money. One good thing, the TV offers an international selection of TV stations, including English, French, Arabic and Spanish TVs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The rooms are postage-stamp size. Forget about doing hand laundry here - the sink is large enough but there is literally nowhere to string a line or hang anything. There's barely room to open two suitcases - if you do, you will be stepping over and around them. The twin beds (which are small) are pushed right together. The room was quiet enough, despite being right opposite the elevator, and there's plenty of hot water, but you don't want to stay here for very long. It's not walkable to anything, but the end of the long Englische Garten (which I am sure is lovely to walk through when it's not cold and pouring rain) is nearby; this would make a leisurely long walk into the city. Also, the subway station is just three blocks or so away. This Ibis is supposed to be as close to the Munich airport as you can get without being an "airport hotel" (go to the big Novotel if you want close), but it's actually about a 25-minute ride. There is a departure board over the reception desk. Breakfast is just OK, but features some wonderful bread.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights was very disappointed as it was not up to the standard normally received at an IBIS Hotel. The shower filled up with water leaving you ankle deep in water by the end of the shower there was a lot of mold in the bathroom all in all the service was not good.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My wife and I had booked this hotel well in advance online and had/have written confirmation that we had been allocated a disabled accessible room suitable for wheelchairs,,,,,,,,

On arrival, we checked in but going to the room we found that the disabled room is at the far end of 2 corridors!!! Fine if you are in a chair (or a scooter as my wife is) but rubbish if you use walking aids or a stick as I do - I was in a lot of pain after reaching the room then returning to reception to complain of this and the other matter, which is that it is not wheelchair accessible! On entering there is a 90 degree turn to the right and then another door into the room itself, there is nowhere for a wheelchair or scooter user to get into that room and past the beds if they even manage to get past the doors. I returned to reception and said that the room was unacceptable and not fit for the purpose. The lady who spoke English (Lucia) agreed with me, but said that they had no other rooms available, but she would call around the other group hotels to see if they could get me in and into a suitable room.... They did, but to a room in a Novotel which is 4 Euros more for one night than the cost I had already paid for 2 nights! I was offered a refund of my original payment but was told that the Novotel price is what it is and we would have to pay that rate for both nights!!! We refused and asked if she would check our next destination (Frankfurt) would be able to accommodate us and extra day if we arrived a day early - they can and we have booked, but again at 54 Euros more than the one night we already have booked.. so we are now in having to spend 113 Euros extra and lose a night in Munich (in exchange for an extra night in Frankfurt), through no fault of our own other than not being prepared to accept what is plainly NOT a suitable disabled access room. And to add insult to injury, the Novotel does not have free wifi which the Ibis does - so another 9 Euros spent (a rough total of £100 altogether). I shall of course be taking these matters up with Ibis on my return from what is now becoming a more than slightly tarnished annual holiday.

It is a shame because all that I read about the hotel was very positive and my previous experience of this group has also been positive. I don't wish to blame the staff, but surely when someone requests an accessible room and they confirm it, it beholds them to be sure that they are confirming it is suitable for that customers particular needs?

Room Tip: Be very aware that the car parking for this hotel is underground (and they make a charge for it) and it is down a VERY steep drive to it. I mean so steep that even I, as a confident driver would not care to tackle it, and it has a height restriction of 1.9 meters too!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The room was rather small and very sparsely furnished, which is fine, but I felt like I was staying in a budget hotel and paying much more. For that price I expect more space, nicer decor and free internet in the room. I don;t feel that I got value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com