“Good and quiet location during Oktoberfest”

Ibis Muenchen City Nord
Ranked #113 of 388 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at Ibis City Nord in the begining of October 2013. It isn't located exactly in the center of the city, but from there it's very easy and fast to reach all locations of Munich by the excelent underground system.
The hotel is clean and offers a complete breakfast. The team is professional and very nice.
Negative point: although the smoking prohibition, I could eventually smell cigarettes in my room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 September 2013

First time in Munich and chose the Ibis on recommendation. Because of arrival time and activities only dealt with afternoon/evening staff. All were amazing; accommodating and extremely friendly. Room was great, small but functional. Bed,pillows and duvet were super comfortable. Would definitely recommend if looking for affordable but good accommodations

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I again stayed at this Hotel for the 'Oktoberfest' which on in Munich this time of the year (21st September)
I arrived as before on the Thursday prior to the opening of the 'Oktoberfest' and again the staff were fab and happy in welcoming me back again.
The rooms are are the same, adequate for my needs, and clean and tidy.
I had a quite room on the first floor at the end of the corridor, which was great.
The Barman 'Michael Antholzner' also greeted me, with his same laughter, and also welcomed me back again to the Hotel and was glad to see me.
Later I met 'Andonis Georgines' at the front desk who also welcomed back to the Hotel again
What it very noticeable with this Hotel is the staff, in all the years I have been using this Hotel while in Munich, the STAFF are always the same people, which I consider a good sign for a Hotel.
This was also born out one evening while I was in the bar, when I me a couple who were also here for the 'Oktoberfest' but it was their first time at this Hotel, they told me that they felt the hotel and the staff were great and very helpful, and all had a smile and very friendly.
In my opinion I would recommend this Hotel if you are visiting Munich, but if your there for the Oktoberfest, it is ideal with the U-Bahn (Underground) which is close to the hotel and only a few stop to the Festival without any changes.
But with the Airport some distance away across the road from the Hotel is the 'Lufthansa' Airport bus, which is just €10.50 one way (but you could by a return from the driver)
I will defiantly stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: I always go for a room if available at the far end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel is located out of the old town. However, it is near to the subway. It took me near 25 minutes from hotel entrance to New City Hall. You can go to most of the tourist spots by subway. The hotel has it own underground car park. There are also parking spaces at the street. The hotel can be considered as convenient in travelling. However, there is nothing exciting around the hotel.

When you drive to hotel, you can go directly to the garage and then go to check in. If you follow GPS, it will bring you to the front door of the hotel. The entrance of garage is located at the back street.

The hotel room is IBIS style but air-conditioned. The room is comfortable. If they can clean the blanket properly, it would be better.

Some staff are very helpful but some are not.

My experience of check in is worthy to share. When I arrived hotel, the hotel staff said that the room is not ready for check-in and asked me to come back 2 hours later. So, I check computer at the lobby. Few minutes later, another front desk lady comes on duty, a couple came and checked in successfully. I then go to check in again and they give me the room. What can I say?

Wi-fi at lobby is free of charge and stable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Nice & sweet hotel for short time visit to Munchen.Quiet & calm.But we are waiting so long time to go down & up with a lif because there is just one lift. Rest O.K.Decaration of lobby is very pretty & dominated by warm colors

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

In previous trips to Munich I have stayed closer to the city center however this time I was traveling for Oktoberfest. An early reservation at this Ibis was a good value for a stay during the festival. A couple minutes walk from the metro we were able to get to the city and festival easily about 15 minutes for the train and then another 10 minutes walk to the fairgrounds. The rooms are small and basic but as with most Ibis I found the beds comfortable and the room although sparsely furnished were fitted with enough shelves and surfaces to be able to spread out. No free wifi in the room but was available in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple