Exquisit Hotel
US$174
US$167
US$127
  • Breakfast included
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$116
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$359
US$147
US$133
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssendlinger torquiet streetnice hotelold citybreakfast was excellentsubway stationeasy accesschristmasoktoberfesteuros
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We were booked to stay in this hotel for two nights but illness delayed our arrival in Munich. Despite us being unable to give more than 24 hours notice about our change of plans, Exquisit Hotel not only held our room for us but very kindly did not charge us for the night we did not use. Our check in was friendly, informative and very efficient. We were given a big, comfortable family suite. Shower was a bit awkward to use but everything was clean. The breakfast buffet offered good variety and offered eggs cooked to order. All up, this hotel offered a great location, excellent service and good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GBM2016
Team_Exquisit, Teammitglied at Exquisit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

thank you very much for your valuation.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel!
We hope to welcome you very soon in our property.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel, its in the perfect location to visit the christmas markets, but in a quiet enough street. Only negative is how hot the room was during the night and the beds and pillows werent comfortable. Breakfast is a massive bonus, lots of good fresh choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria S, Manager at Exquisit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for your valuation.
We hope that we can welcome you soon in our property!

Reviewed 7 December 2012

My family and I stayed at the Exquisit Hotel in Munich, Germany for 3 nights during a vacation in November 2012. It was a wonderful place to stay and would recommend it again. I will review the pros and cons:

PROS:

(1) Location. Located off of a quiet street in the (active and busy) Sendlinger Tor area of Munich. The Exquisit Hotel is a minute walk to the U-bahn (subway) which can take you almost anywhere in Munich. It was an easy 10 minute walk to the Hauptbahnhof (or you can simply take the U-bahn) and there are many restaurants and shops in the area (note: Under section 3, I list a couple of local restaurants worth checking out). There is also a large pharmacy (Marien Apotheke) at the end of the street that had English speaking staff if you need any OTC meds.

(2) Staff. The staff at the Exquisit Hotel were polite and very eager to please. If we needed directions, assistance, or recommendations, the staff was ready and willing to help out. My understanding is that the Exquisit Hotel is a family business and they work very hard to satisfy their guests.

(3) Food. The Exquisit Hotel serves an AWESOME breakfast with a giant variety of items (eggs to order, cereals, breads, jams/jellys, salmon, cold means, cheeses, oatmeal, fruits, coffee/tea/juice). The chef informed me they attempt to use natural and organic ingredients whenever possible and the quality of the food they prepare is very delicious. They also have a lunch menu. However, after lunch, the restaurant seems to close down, so for dinner or a late night snack, you'll have to go elsewhere. Two options are as follows:

(3a) Food: Il Dottore - This is a trattoria and pizzeria next door to the Exquisit Hotel. My family ate here and it was beyond excellent. I had the spaghetti bolognese and my wife & son split a pizza margarita. Both meals were excellent and went well with a large bottle of red wine. I highly recommend Il Dottore.

(3b) Food: Cafe Mozart - This is across the street Il Dottore and the Exquisit Hotel. It serves a variety of different foods that are appealing to the adult palate (really nothing kid friendly on the menu). I had the schnitzel and was surprised that it was larger than my plate. The food is good, staff is friendly, and English menus are available upon request. I'd also recommend this as a dinner option in the local area.

(4) Rooms: The rooms were moderately-sized, clean, and quaint. All the basic amenities that one would expect are there. The bathrooms were clean and sufficient to our needs. The TV had a variety of stations, including several English speaking channels (primarily BBC and Bloomberg TV).

CONS: To be honest, there are not a lot of cons (hence the 4 'star' rating). Most are of a nitpicking nature, but I'll list them for completeness.

(1) WiFi: The WiFi is free, but was very slow and buggy.

(2) Elevator: Slowest... elevator... ever. I generally took the stairs because I could get to the 4th floor quicker than the elevator. However, if you have a load of luggage or packages, it's there for you.

(3) Key-ring. The keys are on a gigantic, heavy, bulky, brass key-ring. Ridiculously large. However, when leaving the hotel to hit the city, you can leave the keys at the desk.

Overall, the Exquisit Hotel was a very positive experience. Between the staff, breakfast, room quality, and the location, I would absolutely go there again if I were in the area. The Exquisit Hotel has my recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Esper

thank you very much for your valuation.
We are pleased that you've been so content with our hotel.
Our gigantic keys are replaced by handsome cards, so now you can take the key into the city.
We hope to welcome you very soon in our property!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Munich doesn't exactly boast amazing hotels, at least not in the Sendlinger Tor area. The Exquisit hotel is not the type of place I'd normally stay - its rather dated, slightly musty and rickety it has an old school charm, definitely suited towards the older age group to a younger age group.

PROS :
* It's very central, pop out of the subway and its just down the road.
* It's clean and tidy
* The breakfast is nice - at first I rolled my eyes and got ready for a breakfast of cold meats and muesli but as I sat down I was offered a cooked brekkie of fried eggs and bacon and toast - nom!

CONS :
* The wifi barely worked, and when it did it was on half speed. I was in a corner room down the end of a corridor which might not have helped the signal.
* Took ages to find the heater - Its a real old style bar heater behind a curtain, you have to twist the knobs to turn it on, took about 2 hours to get heated up on a cold November night, then when it did get warm, it got way too warm, had to turn it right off again.
*Asked two girls on reception how to get to the airport, neither had a proper idea, both tried to help by producing a map and both gave different info on getting to the airport, a bit of local knowledge would have helped me looking like a lost lamb in the train station.

Overall, its a bed for the night and my experience of hotels in this area isn't amazing, this was one of the better ones.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Vincejd
Reviewed 2 November 2012

As others have noted, the location is exceptional -- an easy walk to most everything. I booked here because of this, and its convenience to the Oktoberfest grounds (the reason we came to Munich this trip).

This is not a "grand" hotel with lots of facilities. But it is clean, comfortable, welcoming, and a good value. The included breakfasts are diversified and well-prepared, and becomes a brunch after 11:00 am on weekends. Their chef is very talented and responsive, and told me he is moving to all natural and organic.

But the real advantage of this hotel is the staff. This is a family-owned hotel, and all of the staff evidence a friendly and personal attitude. They were most responsive to my several communications with them prior to our arrival, and most helpful to us during our stay.

I would definitely choose the Exquisit again. Ron Klar

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank RonKlar
Team_Exquisit, Temmitglied at Exquisit Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

thank you very much for your valuation.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Esspecially your praise about our staff and our breakfast makes us happy.
We hope to welcome you very soon again in our property.