“Best hotel at Munich airport”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #35 of 382 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Best hotel at Munich airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

You really only have two choices when staying at Munich airport: Novotel and the Kempinski. The Kempinski wins in every way. You can walk to the terminal, the food is awesome, the gym is worth using, they have a pool, the building is amazing. I would choose it every time. Available is not the best so I end up in the Novotel about 25% of the time.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank i r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

On my way back to London from winter vacation. Very friendly welcome at arrival. Room was OK, not the newest. Hotel Lobby is very impressive. Good atmosphere at the bar. Very good breakfast. Service was a bit stretched but tried and was friendly. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I had a inner court room. Next time i would ask for a room facing the outside.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was my 1st time to stay at famous Kempinski. I with my family had to catch early flight, arriving previous evening. As it was shortly before Christmas airport's courtyard was arranged as market with skating ring and other attractions.
From such atmosphere we get into cavernous, huge inner courtyard of hotel. Design was something of techno sci-fi. With some effort we found tiny reception area and were greeted by hotel clerk. As I required king size bed when reserving hotel, clerk explained that my room has 2 separate beds, but generously proposed upgrade (for EUR 30 only). I rejected this nice offer out of my thrift.
Then with hand he pointed out direction to lift to our room- weakly lighted spot about 40 m away. Walking there we found out that our way was blocked by guests of restaurant having nice and populous party. After finding some circumvention around party we got into our room, expecting further development of techno sci-fi design there. Alas, instead we found traditional, 2nd half of XX century furniture.
Knowing that hotel compensates not high enough room rate with excessive wi-fi charges, we kept our devices at bay. But big was our surprise, finding 1 bottle of water and couple of complimentary Nespresso capsules.
And even bigger surprise was one big bed- made from 2 separate but well joined beds.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We are so sorry to hear that the Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich did not exceed your expectations during your recent visit and we like to apologize that you experienced challenges with your room and bed type as well as the room location upon arrival.
Please be assured that your feedback and comments will be forwarded to the appropriate areas for review.

It would be a pleasure for us if you would consider another stay with us. For further information or questions please to not hesitate to contact us.

Luhansk, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Kempinski Hotels is always a guarantee of quality service and good style . Although this hotel is not new , it is elegant , comfortable, clean . The staff is very attentive and friendly. This is the only hotel located inside of Munich Airport, between Terminals 1 and 2. It is very convenient for transit passengers , because you will spend time on arrival to check in the room for 10-15 minutes. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel provides free wi-fi internet access throughout. It features a large inside pool with two types of saunas (free), a solarium and massage (extra charge) . In-room safe , air conditioning , bathrobes, slippers , fine cosmetics and shampoos. Breakfast at the hotel is not included and is available for a fee. Rooms are soundproofed and have a wonderful proximity of the airport does not bother you . Of disadvantages: the hotel has two buildings that are connected only through the reception hall. Guest one of the blocks to cross hall in a robe that uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Book a room in a building, which is located above the reception. You will be more convenient to use...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ravensburg, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Given the world in which we live, I would rather have a free, somewhat fast internet connection than a TV and a hundred channels anyway, but Kempinski Munich charges an outrageous amount (think of an average monthly amount for your US internet connection and that's what this 'high-end' hotel charges PER DAY) and then Kempinski limits guests to just two devices. Pray you don't need to unregister one device and use another or you'll be stuck waiting for clueless employees who don't appear to know the first thing about troubleshooting or fixing their connectivity issues. Are the profit margins on this hotel that small that they need to gouge their Internet-needing guests?! I won't be back, but instead will stay in downtown Munich which is just a 40 minute train ride.

Room Tip: Make sure you are well aware of the wifi limitations of this hotel before you check in! Two devices...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank torr m
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich as well as for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Please be assured that your comments regarding our internet procedure will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review. Your feedback is extremely helpful to us, as our team is constantly reviewing our pricing and procedures to best suit our guests.
Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact us directly with your Tripadvisor name as well as your confirmation number (claudia.soost@kempinski.com).
We really look forward to welcoming you back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay our last night in Munich before flying out the next day. Not many options were available due to some sort of conference going on so we opted for this hotel. It was quite expensive for what we were used to paying, but much cheaper than what other hotels were charging. Turned out to be a great place to stay- can't beat the location if you've got a flight early the next morning. The room was nice and very clean with neat views. Check-in and out were very easy with friendly staff. Only complaint was that the wifi wasn't free. But if we need a place to stay the night before flying home again, we'd probably stay here since it was so easy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Longview, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here Dec 22nd. Nice ultra modern hotel very nice rooms, super room service meals, but we had one bad experience with a very pushy bell hop. When I parked out front to check in the bellhop asked to help with my bags. I politely told him thank you but but no thanks. When I entered the building, another bellhop asked to help me with my bags. I said no thank you. He moved in closer and said that he would help me with my car and asked for the keys. Again I said no thank you I was just checking in and would be leaving soon. He got in closer and told he me "must have my car keys". I told him that would not be happening and that I needed to check in. I started to walk to the counter and he followed me and said "it is best for me to have your keys". I asked him why, and he said "so I can move your car". I told him a fourth time, no". It was a very frustrating experience. I travel a lot and I have never been pushed so hard - ever. I had to get very stern and firm with him and honestly, it left me feeling very angry to have to put up with that when I was just wanting to relax. The bellhop was a young man with a boyish face, about 5-9", blonde, and average height and weight.

The woman who checked us in was polite, but somewhat pushy trying to get me to sign up for their membership as the only way I could get wi-fi for free, or pay $19 euro for overnight internet access. OUCH!. She later admitted it was included in our room charge after I told her no thanks.

It was not all bad. The rooms were super, huge bathtub, great location, and the room service food was impressive.

Room Tip: If you can afford the room and you need something night at the airport, book it!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich to be your host during your recent visit to Munich and the Munich Airport. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us.
We are very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced upon arrival. Please be assured that we definitely shared your notes with the responsible department head to discuss the avoidable situation internally.

We are so thankful for your feedback, and hope to see you at the Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich again soon!

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Novotel Muenchen Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!