“Nice Location for the night before a flight”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The thing that stood out to me about the hotel is that it is right next to Terminal 2 in the Munich Airport. Very convenient. To go along with that I didn't even know I was in the airport while in the hotel. That is a good thing because that meant I didn't hear planes taking off while in the room. That was much appreciated.

We stayed here on the last night of our trip. I was to return my car after a BMW European Delivery and the drop off location is right next door to the hotel. The bad thing was that parking overnight was 29euros. But I expected as much since it was airport parking. WiFi was not included as well.

The room itself didn't feel like a 5 star hotel as was mentioned to us by the front desk clerk. That is fine because as stated above there was no sounds from planes above. But the price of the hotel was 5 star but the room didn't feel the same as the 5 star hotel we had just stayed at. I guess the property is getting a bit old. It still was more than adequate.

No breakfast included in the room, but the airport is right there so you can find something.

For the location and convenience I would stay here again if I had the same situation again where I needed to stay near the airport the night before the flight home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2014

You can't beat this for airport convenience; just across from Terminal 2 at Munich International (MUC). It's comfortable and welcoming, with nice amenities such as health spa and pool. The bath toiletries have some not-so-nice ingredients, but other than that the room was fine. Breakfast was included and is worth the price; lots to choose from in the way of fresh juices, fresh breads, fresh fruit, etc. There was a chef on hand for the non-vegetarian stuff; she helped us with the ingredients of breads & other possibly vegetarian items. For early departures, there is a coffee shop with an abbreviated breakfast.
The one drawback preventing a 5-circle rating, which may be typical of European hotels in general (the same goes for the last 3 hotels we stayed in in Europe) was that there was no coffee service in the room. The check-in clerk offered an upgrade for 30 euros which included a room with coffee & tea service, a window that opened and a view to the outside, none of which seemed worth it given the amount of time we were in the room and awake. In U.S., every hotel we stay in has in-room coffee and tea, so it was a bit disappointing.
The concierge is worth talking to if you plan to go into Munich, as we did. The train from the airport is incredibly convenient and Munich's public transportation system is easy to use, with connections back to the train back to the airport and hotel.

Room Tip: Every visit has resulted in a good, quiet room, so unless you need an exterior view and windows that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les2010
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are glad you had a pleasant stay here at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich and appreciate your positive comments regarding our service and the breakfast.

Your recommendations concerning the coffee and tea service in the room will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review. Please allow me to inform you that we offer this service in our Superior and Deluxe rooms as well as in our suites.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was booked into this hotel at Munich airport by Lufthansa after weather problems closed down the airport, I was diverted to Austria, and by the time I could get to Munich, I had missed my onwards flight and had to spend the night. The hotel was great, the staff very helpful, the morning breakfast buffet terrific, and I have only one complaint but that one mattered at 10 p.m. and why I can't give it a five start rating.
The restaurant was said to be closed, but the bar open for food at 10 p.m. so I went to the bar area in the hotel lobby, ordered a bowl of soup and a sort of bruschetta-like thing, and a glass of wine. The wine came immediately, the bruschetta/sandwich after 40 minutes and the soup took 55 minutes! And then the soup was not very good anyway. How long can it take to heat up a bowl of soup? I asked several times, said I didn't care whether they served the two items together or separately or in what order, that I was exhausted from trying to get there from Turkey (and another time zone), just wanted a little bit to eat. They kept stalling on everything but the wine - ready to pour another glass or two right away, but couldn't produce the soup nor the sandwich. I don't know if this was because I had a voucher for food, but not for alcohol, from Lufthansa?
Otherwise it was a great hotel, and I am grateful to Lufthansa for fixing it up in the midst of such chaos. The room was fine, the bathroom outstanding, the bed very comfortable. Basically the hotel is situated between Terminals One and Two, which was pretty convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fiddler1068
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent visit at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable location between Terminal 1 & 2, the rooms as well as our staff.
We would, however, like to apologize for your disappointment concerning the long waiting time for your dinner. Your comments have been notified by the necessary departments for review.

It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Kempinski is the only Hotel at Munich Airport which is not only called "Airport" but is actually there. Just a few hundred meters to walk from the terminal, one does not need a shuttle bus like for all other hotels in the area.
Since Munich airport is located 35km outside of the city, you stay here either for business meetings and conferences (like I did) or for a reason connected to a flight. This means, traveller´s requirements are different to a city hotel or a holiday place.
Kempinsiki is a 5-star hotel which deserves the 5 stars. Check in worked smoothless, if you are not a member of the customer benefit program, enroll to it when you check in, WiFi will be for free - otherwise it costs 21 Euro per day.
The rooms are convenient, large and equipped with all you need. The bed offers a good quality, I slept well.
The Breakfast offers a large selection of good and fresh products, all what you can expect from a 5 star Hotel. The restaurant is also good and offers a two course lunch special for 19 Euro incl a soft drink. For Dinner they offer a buffet, but of course you can choose from the menue all the time. Since you are in the airport, there is a large number of alternatives to eat out, I would recommend the "Airbräu" (bavarian food, home-brewed beer and very reasonable prices, with an outside beer garden) at the end of Terminal one or "Mangostin" (Sushi and Asian food) inside Terminal Two.
The bar in the Lobby is nothing special, nice design, but basically just a hotel bar as any other.
A SPA which also includes a pool is there, I did not use it.
For those who want to have meeting rooms here, the rooms and the organisation leaves nothing to complain. everything is in a good and operating condition, catering is efficient and good.
In a nutshell, there is nothing to complain, but this has its price, the hotel is certainly not a bargain.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For business travelers or those needing a room near the airport, you can't get better than this place. It is extremely modern and immaculate, and the check-in/check-out was the fastest and easiest I've had.

We had 3 rooms reserved during Oktoberfest because our family was only stopping in Munich overnight on our way home from Sicily. If we wanted to full Munich experience we would have chosen a hotel in downtown historic Munich. But since we were only in town for 12 hours with early flights home the next morning, the Kempinski was perfect for us. The front desk personnel knew we were trying to head down immediately to catch the glockenspiel display at 4PM, so they got us checked in within 3 minutes and we were on our way to the subway in 15 minutes. The rooms are like all American-style business hotels. Not overly spacious, but very comfortable bedding, clean, and with all the usual amenities and comforts.

Again, if we intended to spend more than 12 hours in Munich, or were not simply stopping on the way home from a vacation, we would have chosen something downtown. But for those needing to stay near the airport. This is your place. There is literally nothing negative I can say about it. And when we checked out in the morning, it took less than 5 minutes to get to the airline desk to check our bags.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

No complaints what so ever ! Quiet,clean,Staff extremely friendly. Airport check in next door. Rom good size with air condition. Overall extremely good value for your money. Will be back sometime again !

Room Tip: Long corridors so get one near the lifts !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

So convenient for the airport terminals, a very modern style hotel, somewhat spoiled by poor check in staff. The rooms are sound proofed and there is no noise from departing aircraft and are nicely equipped, clean and modern. Water is not provided. I enjoyed an excellent meal in the restaurant - a nice ambiance, attentive, smiley staff making this an enjoyable experience. Breakfast was expensive!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Steve32Yorkshire
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our location, the room, as well as your meal in our restaurant charles lindbergh.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in regards to the check in process. Your concerns have been notified by the necessary departments for review.
Please feel free to email me with your Tripadvisor username as well as your confirmation number from your stay for any questions, comments, or concerns leading up to your trip (claudia.soost@kempinski.com).

We are so thankful for your feedback, and hope to see you at the Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich again soon!

Claudia Soost
Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Novotel Muenchen Airport
Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport
NH Muenchen Airport
NH Muenchen Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!