“Best airport hotel ever!”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #35 of 382 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, IL
“Best airport hotel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Is it possible to fall in love with an airport hotel? YES!!! We stayed here on the last night of our trip to Austria because we were flying home from Munich's airport (an easy two hour train ride from Salzburg). What a pleasant surprise! The hotel staff was the most helpful, friendly staff we encountered on our entire trip. We decided to go into Munich for the evening and had only planned on seeing the main sites with our limited time. The young man at the hotel desk told us about a street festival that he had attended earlier that day and gave us exact directions on how to get there. It was AWESOME! We never would have known about it without the friendly, genuinely enthusiastic advice at the desk.

The hotel itself is beautiful and modern (like the airport). The rooms were uber modern and the bed was rediculously comfortable; We're lucky we made our flight the following day! When it came time to leave for our flight, our commute to our gate could not have been easier.

My one MAJOR problem with hotel is that they do not have free Wi-Fi. When travelling in Austria, every single place we stayed (including guest houses and historic properties) had free Wi-Fi. Still, it was not enough of an inconvenience to knock a circle off of my review :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are glad you had such a pleasant stay here at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich and thank you for your positive feedback regarding our service and staff.

Your recommendations concerning the internet are very appreciate. We have passed your comments along to our management as our team is constantly reviewing our pricing and procedures to best suit our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had a 12 Hours lay over between flights, so I got a "day use" at the Kempinski. Not the cheapest hotel, but it is in the airport, you can take your luggage cart all the way from the concourse to your room !!! never seen this before.
Hotel has a pool and sauna in the basement, which is included in the day use; so do not miss it, go and relax a bit.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been lucky to have family in the Munich area and have never needed to seek out hotels in the past. However, a change of assignments recently, had me traveling through Munich and staying over night before catching the next leg of my journey. WITH a cat in tow. How wonderful to know that I did not have to take a taxi, train or even hotel shuttle, with all of my luggage and a slightly traumatized cat. Instead, I came through Customs walked outside, made a right, and after a short walk, arrived at reception. The woman at the Reception was so pleasant and greeted me warmly. As I had to pay an additional 40 euro for the cat, I asked if that included a litter box. We both laughed and she handed me my room key. Well…much to my surprise, there was a food dish, pet blanket AND a litter box filled with litter, awaiting our arrival. It was unexpected and extremely helpful! Though I traveled with a disposable box and litter - it allowed me to save it for my late afternoon arrival at my next stop. My family came to meet me for dinner that evening, and despite having had wienerschnietzel in many a rathouse and brewery in the city over the years, the wienerschnietzel I had that night was hands down, the best I have ever had! As was every other dish I, and my family, ordered. Check out the next day was just as positive an experience. I highly recommend this hotel for any travelers passing through for a short stay. Even if that stay is a few days - both the city center and Friesing (sp?) are easily reached by train.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the great location, the hotel service as well as the dinner at our restaurant charles Lindbergh.

Hope to see you soon back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Yours sincerely,

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Kempenski is a great place to stay if you have only a day in Munich. Every staff person was helpful, from the receptionist who sent us to the spa while we waited for our room to the man who sold us S-Bahn tickets to make it easy to get into the city, to the final receptionist who helped us figure out the car rental.

Room Tip: We had a garden-facing room, but I don't think it matters. They are all soundproof.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

It's worth is to leave the plane and walk STRAIGHT to the hotel. If you are passing through, it makes no sense why you don't just stay here. It is a little pricey, but if you factor in the car drive to the city, you save money by staying out here. Breakfast is great and the room is spacious and the staff are great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Wolfsburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My favorite Airport Hotel, because it´s so close to the gate. Restaurant serves very good dishes and the wine selection is great. Service friendly and fast. Nice bar service this time. Rate for the breakfast buffet to high, but al a carte service available. Hotel was packed, so the rate was high this time.

Room Tip: West wing, where you could open the window
Novosibirsk, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen is super-conveniently located between terminals 1 & 2,so one can walk straight from the airplane into a relaxing friendly atmosphere. The staff are very helpful, and they all speak English. The big swimming-pool is open from 8AM to 22 PM, bath-robes & slippers are provided for free. Superb breakfast catering to all tastes starts at 6AM, so one can have a nice meal before going on another flight. The design is wonderful, and the whole area is devoted to helping travelers relax.

Room Tip: If you write in your special requirements when booking, like non-smoking room, big bed, floor, you w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Novotel Muenchen Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!