“Great end to a vacation.”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #35 of 382 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Great end to a vacation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

5 Star Airport Hotel in terms of location, service and quality of the rooms. The Lobby is spectacular as well as the Lobby Bar. Very quiet rooms and well appointed. We have strayed here several times now and highly recommend it. Easy location for those early morning flights. We have only eaten in the Restaurant once and it was a little more pricy than we were looking for.

Room Tip: All rooms to date have been the same...I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a day in Munich at the end of a trip, and decided to stay right at the airport and use the train to go in-out of the city center. This way we didn't have to worry about a rental car in the city, and could just walk over to our flight the next morning. Given the comfort of the hotel and the uniqueness of the Munich airport, this tunred out to work perfectly.

The hotel was comfortable in every way - plenty of space, modern, nice bathroom, good climate control. The staff were attentive.

The aiport itself is pretty unique, and there is a nice set of ancillary businesses setup in the plaza between the two terminals, including this hotel. We were able to go out the front of the hotel at night and choose from a few different restaurants, a full grocery store, etc.

In sum, this hotel is a nice option for visits to Munich - though I would say the value diminishes if you are going into the city multiple days. The train ride is about 30-40 minutes, so that would get old after a while. But for a quick stay, it's great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YankeeFan102014
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

One night at the Munich Airport Kempinski Hotel...EXCELLENT I especially appreciated the greeting upon arrival. Entire staff is most helpful...and...the restaurant is delightful. Upon my return to Munich this will be my choice for airport convenience and service.

1 Thank John Roger B
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and taking the time to share your impressions on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich and appreciated your warm words regarding our staff and our service.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any assistance required.

Macungie, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

It is literally steps from the airport. Walked out of baggage claim and hotel was immediately to the right. Checked out the next morning and walked right into airline check-in. Had dinner at the hotel lobby bar as there was a private function taking up the entire beer garden and adjoining restaurants. Staff was friendly. Food was good. Beer was cold.

2 Thank Yukon2017
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your warm words and taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers here on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased that you had the time to visit our Nightflight Bar and enjoyed the food and drinks.

Hope to see you soon back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich. If there is anything to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed in this airport hotel often for business. Although it is an airport hotel it does not feel like it is. It's quite. Service is excellent and has a personal touch, kempinski like.
It's restaurant has really good food. The spa & fitness centre are also excellent. In walking distance you can find many shops and also restaurants. In the summer even a beer garden.

Room Tip: Corner suites are best
1 Thank RJ F
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed one night in a room that's one level above the standard room (forgot the name) to catch a plane the next day. This level room gets you a spacious room with a window that will open (hurray!) and a Nespresso coffee / tea maker in the room. There is also a air conditioning and fan controls - nice!

It was very quiet, even with the window open because it faced away from where the planes land and take off.

The bed was nice and firm without being too hard - down pillows and blankets were very comfortable. Even though one comforter was peaking out from the duvet cover and it had a couple of holes in it and looked yellowish worn. That was a little gross, but the comfort made me forget about that.

The bathroom was also spacious and clean and it had a handheld and an installed shower, deep soaking tub, nice. The ventilation was so so - at some hotels you don't get any condensation on the mirrors, even after a hot shower. Here you got a little steamed up, but it wasn't too bad.

They have a nice pool too: you have to walk downstairs and around a couple of corners, but it's very nice and clean. They also offer many different massages and treatments which I didn't have the pleasure to sample unfortunately. Having said that, you might get there a day early just to hang out and shop. You won't get bored.

Of course, the convenient is just great: you walk out of the hotel and a couple of hundred feet into the airport. No hassle at all. And if you have some time to hang out, you can go downstairs to their cafe/restaurant/bar, or you can easily walk out of the hotel and shop and eat at the plaza that expands right in front of the airport, or just inside the airport.

There is also a larger Edeka grocery store that has everything - fresh squeezed orange juice (you squeeze it yourself with a cool little machine), yoghurt, sandwiches, magazines, some bestselling books, water, tons of different candy, including finer candy that's great for gifts and more.

Furthermore when you walk outside the hotel you get a beer garden with super fast service (has traditional German food and a couple of vegetarian dishes), a MacDonalds that also sells killer pastries, a FC Bayern München shop and lots of other places to spend your money.

Most of this plaza is protected from the elements, so no need for an umbrella and you can still sit outside in the beer garden.

>>> The reason I only gave four stars:

Very thin and few towels. I mean the towels were as thin as those cheapo beach towels you can find at Walmart for five bucks! For this kind of hotel a nice 'normal' towel would have been great. Also, we only got one of those for each person plus one hand towel each which wasn't enough.

Internet: For a hotel of this caliber I expected nice fast internet, but not only was it pretty slow, you had to log in constantly. Plus it cost 18 Euros for 24 hours. If it were fast good service I wouldn't mind paying this kind of fee for it, but with this choppy kind of access, it should have been free. I'm, glad I didn't have any pressing business emails because this service might have not been enough.

You want more details? I got details: the toilet - it was clean and worked well, but it was positioned kind of high which makes for a kind of unnatural seating position while doing your business. I'm almost six foot tall and it felt too high. Of course, if you like your feet dangling or pointing your toes for some floor contact while doing your thing you won't mind that ;)

Anyway, the shortcomings are few and I would definitely recommend this hotel. You can't beat the convenience. I will definitely book there again.

Just FYI: As you may know, there is no chlorine in Germany's drinking water and you can get great tasting water straight from a bathroom faucet and showering without the chlorine smell is a pleasure.

Quick story: Whenever I'm in a German hotel I seem to encounter some high ranking official from some far away land - and it was no different this time. We were wondering why none of the elevators worked and why they were both stuck at the same level. (Their elevators are all glass so you can see what's going on).

When we walked up the stairs we saw the 'official' and about five or six of his subordinates working the elevators and keeping people away from the area. As we approached one of the subordinates surprisingly let us through to get to the elevator in the back which they weren't using and I came within a few inches of said official.

When we looked down from the glass elevators a minute later we saw the guy who let us through being admonished after which he fell to his knees and pleaded with the 'official'. He scooted on his knees after the official and eventually hobbled in a bent over stance at the side of him.

Has him letting us through led to this? I felt bad that our presence might have ruined it for him.
Different cultures - different customs. Nothing you can do about it, unless you live there I guess.

Room Tip: The windows in 'standard' rooms don't open and I believe some even face the inside atriu...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We’d like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure to welcome you at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich and we are delighted to read your warm words.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had the time to visit also our fit & fly SPA. Of course we forwarded your wonderful feedback to the whole staff, which was much appreciated.

We hope to welcome you soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any assistance required.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, five stars, spacious room, very clean, friendly staff. I could go on but in summary, it offers what a five star hotel is supposed to offer. However, this hotel presented two big problems:
1- their system charges you on the currency of your country, so when they ask your credit card for a deposit on extras although they input the value in euro the system automatically translates it to charge you on your own currency. This would be good wasn't for one problem, due to legal regulations, my country (Brazil) does not allow international charges to be made in our local currency. Therefore, my credit card companies refused the charge and immediately sent me an text message on my mobile saying they could not accept the international charge (from a establishment abroad) in my local currency, they need the charge to be made in Euros. I tried to explain that to two hotel employees but they could not understand (they keep saying that they always have problems with Brazilian travelers because the Brazilian credit card does not accept the charge in Euro when the problem is exactly the opposite). But even if they understood my point I do not think they would be able to solve as the problem is on their system (funny thing I stayed on the Kempinski in Budapest and did not have this problem, anyway).
The problem here is that without credit card how someone is supposed to pay for his/her stay? Cash would work if it is a short stay but not for a long stay. Luckily, my reserve was pre-paid and I just need the credit card for the deposit otherwise I would probably had a big problem on my hands.
This is just unacceptable on a five star hotel, so just because of that the rate goes down from 5 to 2 stars.
2- now the second problem, their wireless internet service is just terrible. Low speed, bad stability. Worked ok with a cable on my computer but just impossible to use on my iPad, iPhone, you name it. And they charge you for that... It could be a specific problem on the signal on the room I was at but if you charge for a service you need to provide a quality service no matter what.
If you do not have the problem on charging your credit card with your local currency when you are abroad and you can tolerate bad internet connection it is a good hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Slemian
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich to be your host during your recent visit to Munich Airport.
We are very sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations and would like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please be informed, that we will contact you directly via email to clarify the issues.
In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions.

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Novotel Muenchen Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!