“recommendation”

Mercure Hotel Muenchen Schwabing
Ranked #153 of 383 Hotels in Munich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2013

As a family of four we spent six nights in two rooms over the Christmas holiday. I cannot find fault with the staff or the hotel. We received a wonderful welcome and there were always staff available to help or answer questions. We received vouchers for a drink with our room keys and the room refrigerators had a beer, soft drink and bottled water replenished each day. The rooms were terrific - spacious, clean and warm and the beds were huge and very, very comfortable. The en suites were spotless and housekeeeping left the room pristine every morning. There was also a wonderful spread in the breakfast bar each morning to suit all tastes.

The hotel is only a short walk from the Munich train station, where we bought sandwiches and stuff for our packed lunches each day. Plenty of pubs for the younger half of our party. The hotel is close to cheaper hotels and some hostels, and the street is busy, but we were not aware of any noise once we were inside.

I recommend this hotel to everyone, and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is a well below average hotel which charges high rates when they can get away with it (Bau Munic Exhibition time!!!). It's not often I feel totally ripped of but I did here at 239€ per night. Not much good to say about it at all.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robintaylor1
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The hotel was undergoing some construction during my stay, however this was not a big inconvenience. I was more than satisfied with the room (perhaps I had lowered my expectations after reading some reviews here). It was small but modern and clean, just fine for a business trip. The staff was also very understanding when I had to cancel one night at the last minute as they did not charge me for this.

My only complaint was the strange smell in the stairwell and hallways. Fortunately, it did not extend into the room itself so it was not that big of a deal.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The service was not good, they try to charge you everythig and they do not try to help you.

This is the last time I reserved in this hotel, I have tried other mercure hotel in Munich and this is the worst, the otherones are fine.

Best regards.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank fenix80rcl
Stow, Ma
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This Mercure disappointed a little. We've stayed in Mercures before - in France and In Austria - and we're very impressed with the high level of cleanliness, modern fixtures, friendly staff, and efficient services. But this Mercure fell a little short. Although the room (a penthouse suite) was lovely and the check-in was fast and efficient, we hit a problem with the in-room coffee machine, and needed one of the staff to help us figure it out, even though there were clear instructions next to the machine! Then, when we did get it working, it made the most terrible coffee and tea. Message to Mercure Munich Schwabing: replace your in-room coffee equipment with simple, effective Keurig machines!

Also, in this suite, we experienced loud conversation early in the morning from staff in the corridor outside the bedroom area in this suite. Again, nothing to wreck our stay there, but still below what we expect of a Mercure.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
CopenhagenDenmark
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Nice hotel located not far away from the "party mile" of Munich - Leopoldstrasse. I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel - but then again it's one of the hotels that probably won't stick in my memory.

Checkin went smoothly - like almost all other German hotels they still consider WLAN an opportunity to rib people off - €9,00 for 24 hours of really low low low bitrate internet. I used measuring software - and detected a download rate of less than 400kbits/s - that reminds me of the good old days with dial-up connections and ISDN. Really not cool - and extremely annoying!!

Room was fine but small. The window was open and room was full of noise from the heavy traffic outside - however noise disappeared when closed the window - so thumbs up for noise reduction windows.

TV is on the desk next to the bed - when meant that I wasn't able to lie in the bed and watch TV (unless ONLY lying on me left side). Come on, folks - it's on the first page in the "Building a hotel manual" - TV must be placed on the wall or a table at the end of the bed!

Bathroom was really nice and seemed relatively newly renovated.

I only stayed for one night - so can't comment on the general cleaning. The room seemed fine when I was in it.

All in all a nice hotel - maybe a bit pricey for a quite basic hotel. Paid €171 for one night without breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business