Hotel Monaco
US$249
US$241
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cocoon Sendlinger Tor(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
US$288
US$269
  • Breakfast included
Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
US$108
US$214
US$208
US$103
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationrick stevesstreet noisefifth floorapartment buildingthe red light districtshared bathroomconvenient locationnoisy at nightlittle touchesbreakfast roomboiled eggsfive minute walkeach morningvisited munichwithin easy walking distancetwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Although this hotel is in the middle of lots of seedy places (strip clubs, casinos & late night donner kebabs)... it is charmingly set on the 5th & 6th floors above the streets and feels like a charming little inn.
The railway station is SUPER close and very easy access.

BEWARE... even if you make your reservation guaranteed with credit card, it is not the payment and they only take cash!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelYogiD
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I use this hotel for one night stays in Munich when I have been traveling by train and have a mid morning flight. The railway station and airport bus stop are 3 min away. The hotel is comfortable, the staff pleasant and the breakfast is perfectly fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I spent a night at this establishment without anyproblems until checking out in the morning. I had made my reservation thru the guest service @ the nearby train station with one of my conditions was that the hotel accepted credit cards.

Upon checking out the lady at the desk started argueing with me about payment with a credit card. She advised me to leave my passport with her and go to the bank for cash! Yea right....I proceeded to shoulder my bag and walk to the stairs when she started freaking out and waving the the credit card reader at me to come back. Made payment with my AMEX and departed.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank sal-paradise500
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

The rooms were well kept and nice but very dated. Think country cabin from the late 80's. the staff was excellent. We didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment. A 3 min walk from the train station and 15 min walk to the glockenspiel. This place was an excellent location. The downside is the hotel is on the top 2 floors of a 5 floor apartment building. The hotel portion was non smoking but I could smell everytime someone lit up in the apartments below. Also I could hear pretty much everything in the hallway. That's typical for a European hotel but I felt bad for the neighbors since we had our 6 month old with us.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Wllms
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed at Hotel Monaco with my husband for a few nights while visiting Munich for the new year. Even though there was a good bit of outside noise, we were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed our stay. We could easily walk to the train station and Marienplatz without having to worry about taxis or trains. The hotel was clean and had cozy little touches - we quickly saw how fully invested the owner is in the satisfaction of her guests. She had the biggest smile and quickly shared stories of her childhood of celebrating Christmas in Germany. I recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for good prices, good location, and a bonus of a lovely manager.

• Stayed: December 2012