“Outstanding!”
Review of Hotel Torbraeu

Hotel Torbraeu
Ranked #10 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was a second stay at the Torbrau, the first being in 2006. My first experience led me to book this second trip. Once again the service, rooms, breakfast....outstanding. The staff is helpful, friendly and professional. Many thanks again for a great stay in Munich!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lee A

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Not ever having been to Munich, we weren't sure what to expect of the Hotel Torbrau. But we were not disappointed. As the oldest hotel in Munich (but continuously updated), the rooms were small and the bathroom smaller, but more than adequate to meet our needs. The service and the location make this hotel outstanding. We took the train from Munich airport and Isitar station was just across the street from the hotel. It was close to everything and a short walk to the Marienplatz. The staff were friendly and most helpful. Breakfast was really good and included in the price of the room. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in a single room on the top floor in August 2013. It was clean and comfortable, I had a great view of the Isator from my room. Great location, walking distance from the main sites and 2 min walk to the subway. Delicious breakfast to start the day. The downsides: the room was small, the shower was a tiny corner stall thing, the decor feels kind of dated, it must have been renovated 30 years ago and only a few remnants of historic charm remain. It's priced like a high-end hotel, but it's really more middle of the road, hence 4 stars.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Louie_Chicago_123
Reviewed 1 September 2013

There is not much I can add to what has already been said in praise of this fantastic hotel. The staff are extremely helpful and Andreas is a cheerful and charming person. After a few days staying at this hotel I needed to visit an ophtalmologist urgently and the staff at front office bent over backwards to find me a specialist on a Friday night . I loved my room overlooking a very well kept courtyard. I highly recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor overlooking a courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josephinemata
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Andreas welcomed us to the hotel graciously and efficiently. Before we knew it, we were settled in and wandering off to a biergarten for our first time! The hotel is incredibly central and the view of the Isartor Gate a special experience.

Rooms are spacious, quiet, and clean. A/C helpful as it was hot in the day - windows opened at night to let in the cool breeze. Breakfast was outstanding - servers cheerful and friendly - balcony comfortable and coffee strong.

The staff also guided us to a more private biergarten for another night - not at all touristy and a lot of fun.

Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Suggest a high floor on the side - the main street is busy in general and also ++ construction. We...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank seamusandandy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had 3 rooms and 6 people. Andreas and Jacqueline at the front desk were so helpful: keeping track of us and our keys, helping with transportation and just being super friendly. The breakfast buffet was enough to fill our American youth (20-somethings) and the breakfast staff were also super friendly and helpful with travel tips. The location can't be beat- just down the street from Marienplatz and overlooking the Isator (built in 1357- what?! so cool). We found the cut-through to the Hofbrau House too! Just steps away! Great rooms, great location, great breakfast, great staff. PS great air conditioning!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ElleInATL
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed at Hotel Torbrau in early August 2013 -- was greatly impressed by the service and attentiveness of the staff and charmed by the ambiance of the building and its history. I had a room on the top floor with a view of the Isartor gate -- very nice! The room was a single and quite spacious and I felt very comfortable. The proximity of the hotel to the center of Munich is one of its great benefits, and yet I did not experience any noise or disturbance being so close to the busy areas. My sleep was restful and awaking to an excellent and abundant breakfast buffet was a treat each day! The staff were extremely helpful in pointing out directions and offering suggestions for sights to see and options for great dining experiences. I was impressed by the kind and friendly greeting I received from the front the desk every morning I left the hotel and upon my return in the evening. The ease of getting to the hotel from the airport is also a benefit of staying at the Torbrau -- right across the street from the Isartor stop on the S-Bahn! I will return to the Torbrau on future trips to Munich -- the terrific team of hotel staff are truly a fine example of German hospitality and care! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo