“Great Hotel and Great Location”
Review of Hotel Torbraeu

Hotel Torbraeu
Ranked #11 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Hotel and Great Location”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was traveling with my 2 adult sons so we needed a room with 3 beds which very few hotels could accommodate. We were set up at Torbrau with a nice room with 2 comfortable beds and a fold out chair/single bed which was just as good as the beds. Though a little cramped, we had enough room for the 3 nights we were there. The location is likely the best in town, since it was a short walk to Marienplatz, Hofbrau Haus, the Residenz, and even not bad to the Englischer Garten.
The included breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options at the buffet. You could also order from a menu although we did not feel the need. We needed parking for our car which was provided by a small lot on the adjacent side street - very convenient. The staff were all excellent and all spoke English well. I noticed that , if you speak German with an obvious American accent, most of the locals will reply politely in English, letting you know you can continue your conversation more easily. On a final note, the price was not cheap - $1100 for 3 nights for 3 adults in 1 room. I cannot say if this is typical for the area but be prepared to pay for the amenities of this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel could accommodate 3 adults in one room comfortably.
1 Thank Papabuck49

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
Southwest
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location, great hotel, and excellent staff. We arrived from Paris at the main train station and had a short metro ride to the hotel, which is about a block away from the metro station. Our accommodations in Paris were not quite up to what we had expected and it was a welcome relief to come to this exceptionally clean hotel. I too will keep coming back.

Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,721 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Over the past three years I have stayed at the Hotel Torbrau a total of seven times, and I'll keep coming back for a variety of reasons.

Location: The hotel is within a couple of blocks of Marienplatz and a number of significant attractions; too, there are a number of great restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. This hotel is hard to beat when it comes to location.

Service: All members of the staff are friendly and accommodating. And they go out of their way to be helpful, whether it's recommending a restaurant, providing advice on a tour, arranging transportation, or just handling some minor detail. Members of the staff are English speaking, and some have mastered other languages as well.

Rooms: Because I am traveling solo when I visit Munich, I get the single room, which more than adequately suits my needs. The rooms I have been assigned are clean, well appointed, and well serviced. The bathrooms are large. One thing I particularly like is the fact that each room has multiple electrical outlets, so I can charger my laptop, iPhone, and camera batteries all at the same time. Wifi comes with the room rate, and I have found it to be very good. If I ever take my wife, I book a larger room or a suite.

Food: Also coming with the room rate is the breakfast buffet, located on the first floor, which is excellent. In addition to the buffet, one can order from a menu, which is also part of the package. And on the ground floor is Schapeau, the hotel's restaurant, which offers a very nice selection of entrees. Too, this restaurant is a great place to go for dessert and coffee.

As long as I continue to visit Munich, I plan to make the Hotel Torbrau my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Senoia, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Hotel Torbraeu is absolutely wonderful! It couldn't be better. We arrived about 9:30am after an overnight flight. I had previously requested early check-in so we could get a short nap before seeing the city. The room was ready as we had requested. It was very appreciated. The location of the hotel to Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt and especially the S-Bahn Isartor station is top notch. The free breakfast included was an added bonus....and delicious too! We will stay at Hotel Torbraeu when we return.

1 Thank Michael H
cascais
Reviewed 26 June 2014

After trying several hotels in Munich I finally found one to go back to.Great location for sightseeing and shopping,extremely helpful staff( when I left I forgot my hand bag in the taxi,I called the hotel and immediately they found my taxi and sent it back with my handbag),very good breakfast in a bright room with plenty of tables,we had a good dinner in their next door restaurant.It's worth paying a bit more for their more expensive rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CascaisMane
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here on business in March 14. Booked by company so wasn't expecting much. What a surprise! Fantastic hotel and restaurant. Very friendly and helpful English speaking staff. Its on my list of hotels to return to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent 6 nights in this charming hotel. It is in a great location just a short walk from the central square and across the street from an underground train stop. Most importantly, they have a terrific staff. They were always welcoming and were great at helping us find our way through their city. The breakfast room is large, bright and has some terrace tables. Besides the normal German breakfast fare they are always willing to make you an omelet! We had two dinners in the hotel restaurant and both were great. On our last day my wife had a bicycle accident and when we got back to the hotel the staff just did everything they could to help us. As an example, when I started to push our two bikes back to the rental shop the porter ran out, took one of the bike and road with me back to the shop!

BTW I checked swimming pool but what I really meant was the river whic cityh is clean and nearby and used for swimming

Room Tip: We had a front room on the street which was lovely and well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple