“very good - depending on your purpose of travel!”
Review of Hotel Wallis

Hotel Wallis
Ranked #239 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed in hotel wallis for 1 night only as a family (with a 3 year old). A very small room - which is the downside, but is so close to the main attractions - just walking distance. So we were able to get a taste of Munich for 1 day without spending time on transportaiton. And there was burger king, kfc etc. around for quick eat. Rooms were small but clean. The property management was so kind with providing necessary things for my daughter (hot water, baby chair) upon need. Parking available. There are some sex shops etc around but just dont look at them if you are not interested! By the way, breakfast was good with too many variety, but as it is a small hotel we waited a little bit to sit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located in heart of Munich. It is a short 10min walk from train so easy to get to even with a lot of luggage. 5min walk from marionplatz which is one of main points of city. Also right be several city tours as well! Rooms are kind of small and so are bathrooms but if you aren't looking to stay in room often than it's okay. Also breakfast is included and has everything from bread, meat, fruits, and all types of coffee and tea. Service is very friendly!

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Annie M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was first time at Munich because I was in need of consultation with my doctor, and booking.com suggests this hotel in the area which I was searching. According to the pictures and description - it was a great place with normal price for one night. Location was pretty good, but people around this location... if you are travelling alone you have to be prepared to meet there homeless people, romans, drunk guys... so this is not calm place at all. The railway station is close by. Location is the only good aspect I can think of, however. As Finzi_uk was writing on her/his post - the room was nothing what I saw on the pictures!!!! I will say that student accommodation rooms look better than this hotel was! Everything dirty - coffee machine with already opened milk and coffee packages; dirty rooms; dust everywhere; towels smells like they weren't at washing machine for several years... no way what I was expected for this price!! Another BIG problem was hotel staff. Here I was absolutely in shock. I paid for a Delux single room, and I paid for that because I was in need of relax, comfort and I was expecting normal staff, but the first women - young b**ch girl whom I saw was absolutely unpolite and unfriendly receptionist. I just asked her to give me one more wi-fi code to use it on telephone, and that I will pay this f*** 5 EUR for this f**** slowly connection at the end of my stay here (the end of this hell, thnx God, was tomorrow) and she was staring at me and screaming that the only thing which I have to know that i WILL have to pay 5 EUR. You know, i can read and I can hear, its not obligatory to open your mouth so load. Please, people, avoid this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank belka_Iexi
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Avoid booking Hotel Wallis. It's such a shame my experience of staying here was so poor, as Munich is a great city.

Location is pretty good - ie, it's a short walk to the city centre, even if the road is a bit shabby (the hotel is next to a McDonald's, and there are casinos and sex shops along the street). The railway station is close by.

Location is the only good aspect I can think of, however. The room was nothing like the pictures on their website, and rather than decoration in 'typical Bavarian style', it looked like the kind of soulless box you'd get in student accommodation (see picture). This was no way what I'd expected for the price. I have also never encountered such a poor excuse for a pillow, which was basically an open-ended sack with a sliver of material inside. Using rolled-up towels up gave a marginally better night's sleep.

The worst problem was the hotel's false advertising of services, and the obstructive manner of staff. I paid for a package including room and breakfast on Expedia, but was told on arrival by an unfriendly receptionist that I was not allowed to have the breakfast I'd paid for as their records said I was booked on a 'room only' basis.

When I returned home I formally contacted the hotel about this and asked for an explanation, but they couldn't be bothered to respond to my email.

I then took it up with Expedia, and (so far) they tell me the hotel haven't bothered to respond to them either! I believe they're still investigating what's going on at Hotel Wallis; bizarrely, breakfast is apparently supposed to be free to all guests, so I'd love to know why staff told me I wasn't allowed to have it during my stay. All thanks to Expedia, who have credited money back to my account... I hope they have more luck pinning Hotel Wallis down than I did.

Avoid, avoid, avoid. There are plenty of other better places to stay in Munich for better value, and it's not worth trusting Hotel Wallis with your money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Finzi_uk
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently stayed here whilst visiting the christmas markets with my family. The rooms were modern and well decorated. Clean and well equipped. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help you.
A great centrally located hotel.
Would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel have a little balcony if you fancy a little outside space. Ask for a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great location near Central Station and Stachus. Typical german average sized city hotel.
Nice Staff and wonderfully assorted breakfast buffet!
Good food options nearby(this of course does not include next door McDonalds!)
Rooms are standard level, but staff and good location makes up for litle details.
Always again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MicoMunar
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed at the Wallis Hotel in late September. We had a room in the back of the hotel so there was no noise. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful. We were close to the train station and other transportation. The breakfast was good, a lot of choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family